Chapter 11

Cursed

"Time to go", said Kyungsoo.

The five, formerly six, friends, were all dressed in tuxedos. Their hearts still ached, thinking of the outcome of the accident. They got in Suho's (new) car, with Jongin behind the wheel, and started making their way towards the cemetery. They drove in silence and stared forward blankly. Each of their minds was going through a lot of stuff, mostly memories they had until the accident. 

They arrived at their destination a few minutes later. They all got out of the car, and walked towards the ceremony. They all sat in the front row. Neither of them said a word, and neither one of them was crying. They had all used up their tears.

The ceremony went by in a blur, and soon everyone else, except them, left. They crouched down on the ground and stared at the headstone. R.I.P. Byun Baekhyun. Chanyeol couldn't help himself and hugged the headstone, tears falling from his eyes. 

FLASHBACK

They were driving in silence and were approaching an intersection. When the green light flashed Chanyeol drove forward. Suddenly, a car came swerving from the right, apparently ignoring the traffic light. Both cars were going too fast to avoid each other. Chanyeol got pushed out of the car. He hit his head, and he rolled on the pavement. The car's horn pierced through the silent night, and the sound of metal crumpling, and shattering glass echoed across the road. 

"BAEK! BAEKHYUN!!!", shouted Chanyeol, before losing consciousness.

Chanyeol opened his eyes. He felt dizzy. He looked around him and saw that he was in a room. A hospital room to be exact. An IV needle was stuck to his arm, and Kyungsoo, Jongin, Suho, and Sehun, were all seated around him, sleeping in chairs. He remembered what happened: Driving Baekhyun to the hospital, turning around to drive back to Suho's, and eventually the car crash. Chanyeol shifted his position which made the bed creak, waking up Suho.

"Chanyeol, you're awake", said Suho.

"Where's Baekhyun?", asked Chanyeol. The other guys had woken up, stretching. Suho looked at them, and they immediately got the message. "Where's Baekhyun? Where is he?", asked Chanyeol again. Kyungsoo stood up and gave him a folded piece of paper.

"He wanted to tell you this personally, but he couldn't. So he just asked me to write it down and give it to you instead", said Kyungsoo.

With shaking hands, he took the paper in his hands and unfolded it.

Channieeeeee,

I'm sorry I couldn't tell you this personally. I wanted to, really, but I couldn't. Kyungsoo's probably already told you that anyway. I'm going to miss you Chanyeol. Thank you for being my best friend, and my boyfriend. I know I said that it would have been better for you if you never met or knew me, but to be honest, I would have been miserable. But I'd rather be miserable than see you suffer, hence why you're reading this right now. That didn't really make any sense, but it will. Just ask the others. 

I'm sorry if I made you worry non-stop about your "death" (which is hopefully not happening any time soon). I guess I never really tried turning things around by interfering with fate when someone dies because I saw it. Until now, that is. I'm sorry I can't be with you anymore Channie. I still want to, but we can't.

Promise me something. Promise me that you will move on. That you'll find someone else, who you can be happy with. I just want to be assured that you'll continue being happy. The happy Chanyeol that I will always love.

I'm sorry Chanyeol. I love you so much. Hopefully we'll still end up together in our second lives.

Baekhyun

Chanyeol read the letter, tears falling from his eyes. He didn't need the others to to explain what happened. The images were still fresh in his mind. Baekhyun stepped up and interfered with what was supposed to be his death, and paid the price. Chanyeol let out loud sobs, as his hand tightened on the paper that he was holding, and hugged it as if doing so would bring Baekhyun back. He felt arms embrace him, and knew that the others had stood up to do so.

END OF FLASHBACK

Chanyeol let go of the headstone. He wiped away his tears and stood up, not taking his eyes off of the grave.

"I miss you Baekkie. Why'd you have to be so heroic huh? Stupid. But thank you Baek. I would have died had you not done it. I'm sorry though. I don't think I can keep that promise. I don't think I'll be able to move on. I might meet someone, and love them, but I'll never move on and love them as much as I loved you. Don't be mad at me okay? I'll try to be happy. For you. I love you so much Baekhyun", said Chanyeol. Sehun placed his hand on his shoulder, and Chanyeol stood up. He kept his eyes on the grave before turning around and walking towards Suho's car. He stole one last glance, mouthed "I love you", and went on his way.

 

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey c: I know this is REAAAAAALLY overdue, and I'm sorry T.T I had to fix my dorm room because no one told me arts and crafts was involved -_- lol kidding. I hope you liked this chapter, and this fic. I'm sorry for killing Baek T.T Please don't kill me ;; Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this fanfic, even though it was kinda short. To all my readers, and my 40 subbies, I LOVE YOU ALL <3 <3 <3 Thank you ouo Byeeeeeeeeee -u-

P.S. Wish me luck in college orz