Remembering

My Baker (Rewrite)

Your POV:

The next day, I was already starting to pack my things.  I was going to move in with my grandmother who lived away from the city and more on the country side.  As soon as I got home last night I told my mom that I wanted to move.  She, being the kind that doesn't ask that many questions when I'm upset, said yes. 

I know running away won't do much, but at least it'll give me time to clear my mind and start a new life.  I don't know, maybe it's for the best and maybe it's not.  Well, I guess I'll just have to find out when I go. 

Once I was done packing up,which took two days, my mom drove me to the airport because if she were to drive me there, it would take about 8 hours.  She gave me one last hug when she dropped me off and waved to me as she drove away.  I sighed and walked in. 

I got to my grandmother's place safely and hugged her as soon as she came out.  She said all those grandmother things they always say when they see their grandchild after a while.  Honestly it was nice seeing her, but then again I know I'll miss the city... and Hyunseong. 

~~A few months later~~

It's been a while since I've been living my my grandmother.  And now I'm attending a collage near by and made tons of other friends.  I really like it here; fresher air, good friends, time with my grandmother, and a lot of free time.  But I would be a liar if I said I didn't miss the city where my parents, other friends, and Hyunseong were. 

Hyunseong... I miss him... a lot; his smile, his laugh, his soft, loving voice that would sing me to sleep, his body warmth, everything about him.  I still cry almost every night for him.  To be honest, I still can't believe that I left him and moved away with out saying an official good-bye.  I let my feelings get ahead of me and did with out thinking.  And I totally cannot forgive myself at all, but then again, I have to move on because he's probably with Suhwa now. 

Now that I don't have any more classes for the night, I went to the market and helped my grandmother out.  She pays me although I really don't like accepting the money.  I tell her every time but she pretends not to hear me. 

Hyunseong's POV:

I've been depressed ever since I got the news that ~you~ left to the country side.  And sometimes, I honestly cry myself to sleep.  All I've been doing is going to school, work at my uncle's cafe, and then locking myself in my room.  It's a cycle and I really don't do much anymore.  And Suhwa stopped coming by, too, and I always wonder why. 

My uncle started noticing and is always reminding me about things and telling me to go rest.  I'm really thankful that he cares so much, but if I go rest, all I'll think about is ~you~ and how she disappeared into the rain.  My mind won't think about anything else.  It's always bothering me so much.  'How can I not remember her?' I ask myself all the time.

Then one day while I was going through all of my stuff in my room, I found pictures and scrapbooks in my closet.  They were hidden underneath my clothes and shoes.  'Why are these here?' I wondered.  I took them out of the closet and put them on my bed.  While I was going through all of the pictures, my little cousin knocked on my door. 

"Hyunseong?  Are you in there?" he asked. 

"Yeah, come in," I answered.

He walked in with a small smile.  His name is Yuhan and is only seven years old.  I haven't seen him in months.  And I remember, I was the one who saved him on the ship.  But I always wonder why I could remember every single little detail of the incident, but not of my memories with ~you~

I sighed.  "Did you need something?"

"No... I just wanted to hang out since my mom and dad came here early.  A-and are you okay?" he asked nervously.

"I'm fine, Yuhan.  I'm just a little stressed out."

"Oh... who is that?"  He was pointing to ~you~ in the pictures out in front of us.

"I... I'm not so sure..."

"Well, she's pretty."  He smiled.

"Yeah... she's absolutely beautiful."  I smiled, too, and looked at the pictures of me and her.

"How come you don't know who she is?"

"I just don't.  Do you remember when I got hit in the head on the ship?"

"Yeah.  I'm sorry.  That was my fault.  I should have followed you closely like you said."

"No, it wasn't your fault.  But, that's why I don't know who she is.  I mean, I don't remember our memories."

"Oh... So, is she a stranger?"

"No.  She's not a stranger."

He stopped asking questions and looked around the room.  Then turned his direction back to me and the pictures.  It was silent and kind of awkward while we both were just sitting there.  Then Yuhan broke the silence.

"Umm... that's a cool bracelet you have.  I like it," he said.

"Thanks, Yuhan.  My girlfriend gave it to me," I thanked him. 

Then all of a sudden something clicked inside of my mind.  Everything started flooding into me.  All of our memories, our anniversaries, our dates, our lazy days when we cuddled, and every single kiss that we had.  My whole life flashed before my eyes. 

When I came back into reality, Yuhan was staring at me weirdly.  He asked if I was okay and I smiled brightly and nodded my head.  Then I gave him a hug for helping me finally remember after months of being depressed and trying hard to remember. 

Right at that moment I was so happy and excited.  But then I remembered that ~you~ isn't here anymore.  She moved and I don't know where to, just that she moved some where away from the city.  And when I realized that my mood was brought down almost immediately.  'I'm too late aren't I?' I asked myself.  I bit my bottom lip and sighed.  I put my stuff away and hid them back in my closet.  Then went downstairs to tried and enjoy my family party/get-together. 

 

 

------------------------------------------

Hi!  a short update! i'm sorry that i'm not updating a lot for this story... but i'm usually not in the mood to type a good chapter for this one :(  but i still am glad that some of you guys like reading

 

Thanks

~Angelflyer