Chapter 5

My Baker (Rewrite)

Hyunseong's POV:

Today I'm boarding the big ship that I'll be on for like a month.  I saw ~you~ yesterday night and we spent a lot of time with each other.  And I just texted her this morning.  I pulled my luggage and the crew showed me to my room.  Once they showed me to my room I thanked them and they left.  I sighed and started to unpack some of my stuff. 

Throughout the whole day I just walked around the ship and wondered to different areas.  While I was walking around, there were girls that kept staring at me which made me feel a bit uncomfortable.  Some even followed me around.  I started to wish that I didn't come, or I could've brought ~you~ with me. 

The next few days got better because I got to spend some time with my cousins and family.  So, those days were fun.  But one day while I was relaxing at the side of the pool, I saw a dark cloud in the distance.  I didn't think too much about it because I thought that the captain knew what he was doing and would turn around or something.  A few minutes later some more people noticed it.  We still kept moving towards it though and the dark ominous cloud grew larger and larger.  I started to get worried at that point, but what could I do.  Then my family called me over to the inside of the boat.  I started walking to go inside and took one last look at the grey sky.

Everything was perfectly fine.  I was sitting with most of my family and enjoying some lunch.  And played with my cousins in the game room.  Suddenly I saw a large lighting bolt in the sky.  Then thunder sounded afterwards.  'It's just a storm' I said to myself and pushed my worries away.  It started to rain hard on the deck and the people that were there started heading in.  Then more lightening bolts hit and they come closer and closer to the ship.

Before we knew it all the lights went out right after the boat shook a bit.  There were screams and crying heard from all over the place.  I held onto my younger cousins' hands and led them to the upper areas.  Then the ship started shaking a lot more, but we were still able to walk. 

"Attention passengers, please grab a life jacket.  The crew members will hand them out.  Please don't panic and just listen to what I say," the man spoke on the speaker. 

The screaming and crying lessened and everyone listened to what he said.  There were many crew members handing out life jackets to all of the children first, then the adults.  I put it on my cousins first before I got mine.  Right as I was putting my life jacket on, the boat got struck by the lighting.  We were inside by this time and we were trying to rush to the deck of the ship.  Everything was fine, my whole family made it up, everyone was exiting the inside to the deck area, but somehow the ceiling crashed down and hit me in the head.  It hit me pretty hard, but I focused as much as I could on getting out.  But then my vision started to blur and the last thing I remember was trying to reach the door and then everything went black. 

Your POV:

It's been a few days since Hyunseong and his family has been on their trip.  I texted him everyday and he said that everything was great.  So, I didn't worry about him much.  But it's been a two days since the last time he texted me or messaged me somehow.  I thought maybe he was just busy and didn't get a chance to, so I texted him myself, but he didn't reply at all. 

Then one day while I was flipping through the t.v. channels, on the news said that a cruise ship was damaged from being in a really bad storm and they were still looking for survives.  I jumped up as soon as I heard that and ran all the way to Hyunseng's uncle's cafe.  He wasn't there working.  So, I thought that he was probably up in his house.  I went up there and he was sitting near the t.v. watching the news about the ship. 

"A-ahjusshi... is it true?" I asked in a small voice.

He turned his head and looked at me with sad eyes.  "I'm afraid so."

"... H-hyunseong... is he alright?"

"His name didn't show up yet."

Right then I broke down crying.  He walked over to me and patted my back.  Soon his wife came home with a sad face, too.  I don't know how long I stayed, but when I finally had enough strength to leave it was dark outside.  Walking home was difficult for me, I had to literally drag my feet all the way. 

When I finally got home, my parents were out and no one was home.  I kicked off my shoes and walked up to my room.  Once I got to my room I threw my phone onto my bed first and my body followed.  Throughout the whole night I couldn't sleep at all.  I tossed and turned over and over again.  When dozed off, I kept dreaming of the worst things ever.  I wasn't ready for Hyunseong to leave me.  I didn't want him to go.

 

 

----------------------------------------

Hi!  i'm sooo sooo sooo very sorry i haven't updated it FOREVER!!  and this chapter was sad wasn't it?  hmmm... maybe i don't know what you consider sad :P  but i hope you like it! :)  and i'll try to update soon! and i didn't know what to call this Chapter :P

 

Thanks

~Angelflyer