Waking Up

A Second Chance

~~~One month passed~~~

 

Alfonso, Kwan, and Stephanie visit Min-Ju as much as they can. Hyun visits her but tries to dodge the three because he thinks that they still hate him for breaking his promise with Min-Ju.

 

Alfonso comes in her room with tulips everyday and sets them in the vase. Nurses are always blsuhing everytime they see Alfonso caring so much for his girlfriend. Alfonso talks to Min-Ju as if she's awake. He stays in her room for almost 6 hours and then nurses always have to lead him out.

It's 8:00p.m and visiting patients is almost over. Hyun comes in with his one pink rose.

/flashback\

Min-Ju runs to the garden like a little girl in a candy store, twirling around and giggling, "The garden is so beautiful Hyun!!'

"I know.." Hyun says with a confident smile.

"Hayee!! Don't be hasty" Min-Ju frowns.

Hyun walks up to her and forces her to smile using his thumb, "Don't frown...you'll start to look ugly"

"HYUNN!!!"

Hyun laughs and hugs her, "Alright, Alright. I'll stop. Now come and help me set up."

They set up their food in the garden.

While Min-Ju was digging into her food like a pig, Hyun starts to stare and laughs. Min-Ju notices him, "Aiyee. Why are you staring so much?"

"Because you're eating like a pig...Oink Oink"

Min-Ju punches his right arm, "Yah stop being rude"

"Oink..oink.." Hyun continues.

Min-Ju pushes him down and she pins him, "Say sorry!"

"No way"

Min-Ju tightens her grip, "Hyun! Say sorry or I'll never talk to you again."

Hyun puts a smirk on his face, "You know you cant resist me" And moves his eyebrows up and down.

Min-Ju scoffs and stands up to walk away but Hyun grabbed a pink rose and grabs her wrist pulling her into a hug but enough to still see her face, "Didn't I tell you not to frown" He brushes away some hair in her face and puts the rose on her ear.

Min-Ju gets butterflies in her stomach and blushes a little, "It's your fault"

"Okay..I'm sorry." Hyun hugs her and kisses her head.

Ever since then a pink rose was a symbol for their friendship.

\flashback ended/

Hyun puts the rose on the desk and sits next to her bed, "Hey Min-Ju..wake up now. I'm starting to go crazy. But since I'm not busy, I've been designing your~~~~" Hyun continues to talk about what happened in his life today. He sighs and always end his visit with the words, "I love you Min-Ju. And I'd rather wait for you and grow old by myself then to take another chance of loosing you again."

Hyun kisses her forehead and walks out.

 

That morning while Stephanie and Kwan were doing their daily visit in the morning Stephanie started to cry and lay her head on Min-Ju's hand.

Since Kwan was getting them breakfast Stephanie didn't realise that Min-Ju was waking up. Min-Ju opened her eyes, "Yah Steph stop crying on my hand."