Once and a Lifetime Chance

A Second Chance

It's early in the morning and Min-Ju walks over to her mailbox and looks over her mail.

She squeals and runs into the house when she reads a letter from the Valdez Coorperation to her saying she is offered a job to be president of the fashion line and if she is good enough she will be the owner and CEO of the company.

She wakes up everybody in the house with her squeals and her father asks Min-Ju why she is screaming uncontrollably early in the morning.

Min-Ju is still speechless so she jumps around and gives her father the letter. Once her father read the letter, he too jumps around and yells.

While the whole family is cheering and congratulating Min-Ju, her mother goes to her and whispers,"Minny go to Hyun and tell him the news."

Min-Ju's eyes sparkle and thinks, "oh yeah Hyun!"

She grabs the letter and runs to his house in her pajamas with excitement.

As she frantically knocks on his door, his dad answers it  while he rubs his eyes and asks, "yes Minny? it's a little to early for yelling..yeah?"

But she smiles confidently and him the paper.

As he continues to read, he screams while hugging her and says, "CONGRATULATIONS MINNY! I'M PROUD OF YOU!"

She says thank you and asks for Hyun. He says that he's still in his room.

Min-Ju opens the door slowly and sneaks into Hyun's bed trying not to wake him.

She rests her head on her hand and taps Hyun. Hyun turns around and as he slowly opens his eyes he sees Min-Ju with a big smile on her face staring back at him. He rubs his eyes and asks,"What Minny?"

Without breaking eye contact she hands over the letter.

Hyun with a confused face asked, "what is this?"

Min-Ju looks at the paper and looks back up at Hyun.

"Aish Minny. Why can't you just tell me?"

"Just read it Hyun!!!!"

Hyun's eyes brighten and he looks up at Min-Ju.

He sits up and hugs her and with so much excitement he leans in and kisses Min-Ju.

Min-Ju was surprised and her eyes were wide open but she wraps her arms around Hyun's neck, closes her eyes, and kisses back.