The Prom Night

Do you remember me?

A/N : Here is chapter 10! ^^






Amber's POV

Tonight is the Prom! Also me and Luhan will be together! But I'm sure for him we are going together because we are the most popular or because we are bestfriends. Yesterday Krystal said the girl EXO-M were talking about was me. I don't believe it! It can't be true, he will never love someone like me. Yes, it hurts, but I can't do anything about it.
After some minutes f(x) will come at my house. I'm really happy I finally found girls who don't hate me nor hurt me. Krystal even paid for my outfit when I told her not to! She is really nice!
"Amber! Some girls here said they are your friends! Come down please!" My mother called. F(x)? They are fast! I went downstairs.
"Hey Amb!"
"Hello! Don't just stay here! Let's go to my room!" When we were at my room they placed their dresses and stuff on the bed. Victoria saw the pictures of Luhan on my desk. Uh-oh, I totally forgot about them.
"Why you have so many pictures of Luhan?" She asked me and the others looked at me. I felt my face was heating up.
"Well, we are best friends from 2 years old, that's why.." I rubbed the back of my neck.
"But you have only his photos. Why?" Sulli asked.
"Krystal knows why." I pointed at her.
"She loves him. That's why." The other 3 looked at me with wide open eyes.
"Is this true?" Luna jumped next to me. They all act like kids! But it's cute.
"Yes, it's true." Then I'm sure I blushed.
"Omo! You are blushing! You are sooo cute!" Victoria pinched my cheeks. "Tell us more! From when you love him? When will you tell him?" She was about to ask something else, but I placed my hand on .
"I will tell you, just don't ask that fast!" She pouted and we laughed.
"Sit there and tell us!" Krystal pointed the bed.
"Okay then. Well, Luhan is my first love. I love him from 16 years already. When we were 5 years old I moved to America. But when I grew up, I understood I can't live without him. So I begged my perents to go back to China, but we moved here. At that time I didn't know he was here also. Then I found out about it and I was so happy, that my feelings for him grew even more. And here I am." When I finished they were looking at me with face I can't even describe. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.
"This was so beautiful!" They all said at the same time.
"What?"
"Come on girl! Let's get you ready!" Sulli pulled me in front of the mirror and made me sat on the chair. "Now, show me your clothes so I can know how your make-up will look like." I pulled the clothes from my wardrobe and showed them to her. "Omo! They are so cool! But why you didn't buy a dress?"
"I NEVER wear dresses. I hate to wear skirts and dresses." I was honest. I've never liked them on me.
"Okay then. Sit back on the chair now!" I sat down and she turned me around. "From what I see you don't usually wear make-up.
"Yes."
"Then stand still. I will need time." After some minutes she sighed. "My job is done." The other 3 came in front of me.
"Wow!" They said.
"You wanna see yourself Amb?"
"Yes!" She turned me around and I faced the mirror. I stared at my reflection. For the first time ever I wear this much make-up! And she even done my hairstyle! When and how? I didn't feel her touching my hair.
"What do you think?"
"It's just WOW!"
"And it really fits you!" Now Victoria jumped. What is it with the jumping?
"Thank you!"
"Now go change in your clothes!"
"Okay okay, I'm going." I went in the bathroom. When I was ready I got out. they stared at me. "Seriously guys, why you look at me like that? I'm scared of you." I chuckled.
"How are you so beautiful Amber? You will totally blow him away." Luna said while clapping.
"You think? But I'm not that beautiful or anything."
"YES YOU ARE!" They almost shouted.
"Haha, thank you then!"
"Let's get ready girls! We have to hurry." One by one all of them dressed up. They are really fast! Krystal had blue dress and make up. Sulli's dress was pink with black accessories and pink make-up. Luna was all with black and gold. And Victoria was green and silver.
"How do we look?" Victoria asked.
"You all look really beautiful!"
"Thank you dear! When is your Prince Charming coming?"
"He has to be here in 5 minutes."

Luhan's POV

I don't get one thing. Why EXO had to come in my house to dress up and not at theirs? They are just like girls. But I care only for one girl right now. And this is Amber. I have no idea how she will look like, so I choiced normal suit. At least it goes great with everything, I think? Wait, someone knocked on my door. I was in my room, what these idiots want from me now? I stood up and opened the door. It was Kris.
"Hey Luhan. Can I come in?"
"Yes. What are the others doing?"
"They are playing with your little puppy."
"Thank god they aren't doing something stupid."
"But the bad part is that they are playing outside and the puppy is all dirty now. But it's still so cute~!"
"I will tell one of the maids to clean after them, I know them pretty good, right now everything down is a mess."
"Well, yes it is."
"Haha, I knew it."
"Are you nervious? Because that's how you look like."
"Yes, Kris. I am."
"Why?"
"Tonight I will confess to Amber."
"Wow.. How lucky she is. And you too." Kris loves her. I know this. I see the way he looks at her and how he talks to her. I'm really sorry for him.
"You mean that...." I want to make him tell me. Let's see if this will work.
"Yes Luhan, I love Amber. I have no idea how that happen. But, you loved her 16 years, so I can't take her away from you. I love you like you are my real brother and I can't hurt you. I will never forgive myself if I do something like that." His words touched me.
"Thank you so much Kris! Everyone needs a friend and a brother like you!"
"No problem Luhan."
"Hey, do you remember that big place in the school yard where workers were doing something this week?"
"Yeah. What was it for?"
"When we arrive at school later you will see. I wanted it only because of Amber. The workers finished it yesterday evening. I'm sure everyone will like it."
"I will like it too?"
"Yep. I think so."
"You will see."
"Oh, okay. Let's go downstairs to see what's going on with the others. Before a minute I heard Lay shouting." At the moment I opened the door I heard Chanyeol and Lay shouting something. We ran downstairs and what I saw shocked me but at the same time it was really funny.
"Give me the puppy!"
"No! I wanna play with it!"
"I want it!"
"It's my turn now!"
The two were running after my puppy. They were laughing. The dog saw me and ran to me. I grabbed it in my hand and he me on the cheek. A second later Lay and Chanyeol were in front of me.
"What are you two doing with my dog?"
"Nothing Luhan. We were only playing with it." Chanyeol said like a little kid.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, but while I was playing with it outside Chanyeol came, grabbed it and got inside. And now he doesn't want to give it back me!" Lay pouted.
"Why don't you two play with it together?"
"Okay Lu!" They got the puppy and ran back outside."
"Oh, these kids."
"By the way I see you have new hairstyle." Kai came out of nowhere.
"Yes I do."
"I'm sure Amber will like it."
"What? You think?"
"Yea! And you still haven't showed us the special car."
"It's bigger than a normal car."
"The bus?"
"You are so stupid! Come with me, I will show you. But don't tell the others now." I pulled Kai's hand to the parking. He looked amazed.
"You have so many cars!"
"Please, this is 1/3 of all. Come on, the car is at it's own place."
"Where is this place?"
"Few more steps. Wait...... Aaaaaand here is it!"
"Where?" He looked at the oposite of the car.
"Look HERE!" I turned his head around.
"WOOOW! You will ride her with this?!"
"Yes."
"Ah, she's lucky.... Why am I not a girl?..... Anyways, can I look inside? Because the windows are dark and I can't see a thing."
"Yes, you can. Hey you! Open it for him!" I called the nearest guard. He ran to us and opened the door.
"Why you call him, I can open it myself."
"I know you can Mr. , but this is my job. If I don't do it I don't deserve to be here." The guard bowed and left us.
"Why you teach him that way?" Kai looked at me.
"I didn't! He is always like this. All other guards talk to me like we are friends because many of them know me since I was little."
"Okay then." He got inside the car. "Wow, this thing looks even bigger here!! Woooow, what's this? This thing looks weird! This car looks like a living room!" He was talking and I laughed to his childishness.
"I know. Now get off and go change in your suit! After some minutes I will leave to get her and I don't want to leave you guys here without me."
"Okay okay." He walked to the front door.
"And tell the others to get ready too!"
"Okay!" He entered. I was alone, if we don't count the many guards walking around, but they don't care for what am I saying or doing. I looked up at the sky. I had only 10 minutes more before I have to go.
"Amber, tonight is my only chance. I have no idea how to do this. But please don't reject me. I'm really stupid, talking to myself." I called my personal guard. "Are the flowers ready?"
"Yes, Mr. Xi."
"And the garden?"
"Yes."
"Can you ride me to her house?"
"Okay Mr. Xi, just tell me when we are going."
"After 2 minutes."
"I will wait you here."
"Thank you." I entered the house and there stood EXO with their suits and hairstyles done. This was fast!
"How you got ready so fast?"
"Your maids said that they want to make our hairstyles and it's not that hard to get ready when you will wear only a suit." Chen said with 'duh' voice.
"Are you and your cars ready to go?"
"Yes." They replied.
"Okay then! Let's go!" One by one all of them got in their cars and waited for me to get in mine. I walked to my car and got in. I told the guard Amber's adress and the ride began. I saw the flowers next to me. Hopefully she will like them.
"Mr. Xi, I wish you good luck with this."
"How did you know?"
"Your parents told me. I know they trust me the most out of all of your guards."
"Thank you. Can you also ride us to the school?"
"Of course." After 5 minutes we stopped. I took a deep breath and left the car. I knocked on the door and her mother came to open.
"Luhan? Is this you?"
"Yes, Mrs. Liu."
"Omo! You have grew up so much! Wait here, I will call Amber."
"Okay."
"Oh, and by the way, call me mom like you were used to before. I don't like Mrs. Liu."
"Okay mom." I chuckled. But I was nervious. And then her dad came out of nowhere.
"Hey Luhan."
"Hello."
"You are her date right?"
"Yes. Ah, I'm really nervious right now." I can tell her parents everything. They are like my second family.
"You have no idea how long she needed to dress up. Even the girls she calls f(x) are here to help her."
"They really are?"
"Yes. I'm happy she finally found girls who are kind enought to be her friends."
"What do you mean by that?" But before he could respond he left and an angel came from upstairs. I was speechless. She even wore a tiara! I was totally blown away!
"Hey Deer."
"H-hey.... You are so beautiful!!" I said amazed.
"Thank you! And you also look really handsome!" She blushed. It's so cute!
"Thank you! Let's go to the car." At the moment we left the house she stopped.
"This car is so big!" She said in awe.
"Well yes, it's a limousine."
"And we are going with this?"
"Yes."
"Wow.."
We walked to the car and the guard opened the door for us. When we got inside she stared at everything.
"This car looks like a living room on wheels!"
"This is what it's made for! It has to look like this."
"I don't know what to say."
"Sit wherever you want, I will come back in a second." I left the car and told the guard to bring the flowers. Few second later he game them to me and I got back in the car.
"Here. This is for you!" I gave her the flowers.
"Oh my gosh Luhan! You are the best! Thank you so much!" She hugged me.

Amber's POV

"Amber. You have to tell him tonight! You won't have other chance!" Krystal said.
"I'm scared."
"Scared of what exactly?"
"I'm scared he will reject me and my heart will be broken."
"Girl, don't worry. He won't reject you! He loves you as much as you love him! Just trust me!"
"But how can I know what you say is true?"
"You will find out if you tell him!"
"Ahh, I can't do this! It's too hard for me! I didn't confess so many years already, I will never have enough courage!" I was walking around in the room. I was really nervious.
"Here is how you will do it. You will take a deep breath, try to calm down and just say 'Luhan, I love you'. Here, it's this easy!"
"This isn't a good idea. And my parents don't know I love him! They know we are bestfriends and because of that I can't tell them! I'm also scared of what they will say about it." Then my mother opened the door.
"I will say that I'm really happy about this." She came in.
"What?"
"I'm happy you love him, Amber."
"Are you serious?" She looked at me from head to toe.
"My daughter is so beautiful! You girls also!" I hugged her.
"Thank you mom!"
"By the way he is here. Your dad is talking with him right now."
"He's here? I have to go!" I walked downstairs and there he was. With his angel face. Mom and dad left us.
"Hey Deer." He is even more handsome when you look at him from here.
"H-hey.... You are so beautiful!!" He said.
"Thank you! You also look really handsome!" I blushed.
"Thank you too! Let's go to the car." I heard f(x) giggling behind me. But at the moment I saw the car I stopped.
"This car is so big!" I said amazed.
"Well yes, it's a limousine."
"And we are going with this?"
"Yes."
"Wow.."
The driver opened the door and I got in. My mouth was wide open.
"This car looks like a living room on wheels!"
"This is what it's made for! It has to look like this." He replied.
"I don't know what to say."
"Sit wherever you want, I will be back in a second." He left the car. I looked around. It was really big! But why he chose this big car? I have to stop thinking about the car and to think how I will confess to him! I have courage in myself, but I think it's not enough for this. In a blink of an eye a bunch of flowers were in front of my face. And behind them showed Luhan with his big smile.
"Here. This is for you!" He gave me the flowers.
"Oh my gosh Luhan! You are the best! Thank you so much!" I hugged him.
"No problem my bestfriend." He kissed my forehead. But he said bestfriend. This is what I am to him, only a bestfriend. I've hurt myself because my hopes were too high. I knew he will never love a girl like me, how can I be so stupid? He wants a real girl, not a weird tomboy like me.
"Let's go. My students are waiting me." He said proudly. "By the way, I really like your tiara. It fits you!"
"Thank you! And did you change your hairstyle?"
"Yep."
"You look even more handsome like this."
"Why, thank you. How you changed this fast? Yesterday you were with your normal clothes and without makeup, and now you look like this! It's amazing."
"This is my magic~!" He laughed. Why is he so perfect? And why he chose me as his bestfriend? I'm a girl after all, one weird tomboy girl. He has so many friends boys and he still stays with me.
"Yes and it totally works on me."
"I think so." I smiled. The whole ride was fun. When we were on the street next to the school there were lights coming from everywhere, girls with their dresses and high heels waiting for their dates, boys coming with their cars. And then the driver stopped the limousine. He came to open the door and Luhan left the car. He held out his hand for me. I grabbed it and got out. Everyone were looking at me. We walked in and to one big door. He opened it and we walked in. Once again everyone were looking at me. Then I saw Chen and Lay on the scene. What?
"And here are our precious Luhan and Amber!" Chen said on the microphone. Now everyone were clapping. I saw Luhan bowed so I also did. The people split in two and gave us time to walk to our table. Luhan got my hand and we walked to it. When we sat down the students continued their dancing.
"What was this?" I whispered in Luhan's ear.
"It's a normal thing. Even at the mornings was like this. You know who's the richest in the country, basically my dad is boss of half of the student's parents. That's why."
"This is cool."
"I know. Do you want anything?"
"Yes."
"Stay here."
"Okay." Luhan went to somewhere.
I saw f(x) coming towards me. Krystal sat in front of me and the others were next to her.
"Hey Amber!"
"Hey girls."
"How is it going?"
"We just came! But the weird part was that everyone splitted as two and gave us way to go."
"This doesn't happen for the first time. And of course they will do it."
"Wow."
"Yea, I know. Anyways, Luhan is coming, we will get going. See you later!" They stood up and left. This talk wasn't much.
"Hey Llama! Why they ran away?" He placed 2 cups of cocktail or something like that on the table.
"I don't know."
"Okay."
"Why only Chen and Lay are here?"
"All of EXO are here somewhere. And the two are DJ's, that's why they are there!" He pointed at the scene.
"Why don't the others come here?"
"I don't know. Kris said he will stay with his date, Kai too, for the others I have no idea." He smiled.
"Who are their dates?" I was curious.
"For Kai I know it's Sulli, but Kris doesn't want to tell me. He only said 'You will see.' "
"Sulli is Kai's date? Why she didn't tell me?"
"Maybe because she's shy. I don't know."
"Okay then."
"I have a little work to do. I'm really sorry, I will be back after some minutes." He ran outside. I'm alone now. What to do?
Then someone touched my shoulder I looked up to see Kris smiling.
"Hey Kris."
"Hello Amb. Why are you alone?"
"Luhan said he has to do something and that he will be back in some minutes."
"I know where he is."
"Really? Where?"
"I won't tell you."
"Why?
"If he wants he will tell you. If he doesn't want I can't tell you eiter." He sat in front of me.
"But at least tell me what is he doing?" I really want to know. I'm worried.
"Like I said, if he want's you to know, he's the one to tell you."
"Oh, okay.."
"Hey wanna come outside? The music here is really loud and the two idiots don't want to low the volume."
"Yes, let's go." We stood up. The people around made me path to walk. This is really strange. For the first time someone does this for me. I understand why they do it for Luhan, but why for me? We walked outside. Everything was dark, except for some of the lights coming from the room full with people. How on the other side of the school is like day, and here is this dark?!
"Bye for now Amb." I heard Kris's whisper in my ear and a second later he wasn't here anymore. I looked around when I found something sparkling because of the moonlight. I walked to it slowly and when I was about to touch it, many lights flashed around me. And then I saw where I was. There was a fountain with trees around it. I walked few steps and touched the water. Then someone backhugged me. I turned my head around to see who it was and I gasped. My face was inch away from Luhan's. I felt his warm breath on my cheek.
"Hey." He said.
"Where have you been? And where did Kris go?" He released me.
"You care for Kris more than for me?" He looked sad. Why?
"Of course no! I even asked him many times where are you, but he didn't want to tell me."
"I was here preparing this." He showed me one of the lights.
"You did this?"
"Well yes. The trees and the fountain were finished yesterday and before you came with Kris here I was preparing the lights. And I've wanted them to be ready for you."
"For me? Why?"
"Let's sit there, I will tell you."

Luhan's POV

"I have a little work to do. I'm really sorry, I will be back after some minutes." She looked at me with face -What-And-Why-, but I had to get the lights ready so I ran outside. There were three of my guards trying to put them on the trees. They looked like kids preparing a Christmas Tree.
"It's now how you have to do it guys! Here, I will show you!" I pulled it out of their hands and placed it on one of the branches. "See? It's not hard!"
"Yes Mr. Xi, we will try to do it faster." And they did it fast! After 5 minutes they were ready. We turned them on to see if they work. But at the moment I turned them off, I heard footsteps. I know it was Amber and Kris. I whispered to the guards to go away and I hid behind a bench. I saw Kris leaving Amber confused. She saw something. I waved to one of the guards to turn on the lights. When they were on, she jumped one step back. She looked just like a scared bunny. She went to the fountain and touched the water. I walked to her and gave her a backhug. She turned her head and her face was inch away from mine.
"Hey." Was the only word that escaped my mouth.
"Where have you been? And where did Kris go?" I knew she will ask this so I frowned a little bit.
"You care for Kris more than for me?" I , but still kept my sad face.
"Of course no! I even asked him many times where are you, but he didn't want to tell me." She pouted. I wanted to kiss her so bad! But I couldn't. At least not at this moment.
"I was here preparing this." I grabbed one of the lights in my hand.
"You did this?"
"Well yes. The trees and the fountain were finished yesterday and before you came with Kris here I was preparing the lights. And I've wanted them to be ready for you." I smiled. But my head was about to explode.
"For me? Why?"
"Let's sit there, I will tell you." We sat on the bench near the fountain.
"It's so beautiful!"
"Just like you! Amber, I have to tell you something." God, please help me!
"Go on." I looked at her brown eyes. They sparkled from the moonlight.
"Listen carefully until I finish okay?"
"Yes, I'm listening." That's it. My only chance ever.
"Amber, I don't really know how to say this. 12 years I've been waiting for you to come back in China. But you didn't. Then I moved here with the hope you may be here. You weren't here also. In these 16 years I've been always thinking about you. I've missed your laugh, your smiles, your hugs, your sweet voice. I missed my tomboy. But then I found you. And what I've kept inside of me grew even more. I can give everything for you. I can give up on my life for you. Here you will hear it. Amber Liu, I Love You."
"Luhan... I don't..." This is what I was afraid of.
"You will reject me, I understand you." I stood up and when I was a step away from her, I felt her warm hand that grabbed mine.
"I have never said that I will reject you. Luhan, I love you with all my heart. And just like you I can give everything for you." I cupped her face in my hands and kissed her soft lips. She kissed me back. After some seconds I released her.
"Will you be my girlfriend?"
"Yes Luhan." She kissed me this time. I can't believe this is happening. I feel like my heart will jump out of my chest at any moment. She pulled out of the kiss and hugged me. She leaned her head on my chest.
"I Love You." She said.
"I Love You too." I saw EXO far behind her. They were smiling and clapping but without sound. I smiled back and placed my head on top of hers. We stayed like this for a while when I pulled out.
"Let's go inside."
"Okay." Hand in hand we walked in. Like before everyone made path for us to walk. We sat at our places when Lay came. I winked him, he nodded and left.
"I have prepared something special for you."
"What is it?" She jumped on her seat. Lay came back with the box.
"Here is it, Lu." He said.
"Thank you." He left us. Amber was looking at the box.
"What's inside?" She asked.
"Get your tiara away from your head."
"But why?"
"Just do it."
"Okay." She placed it on the table. I got out of the box a new tiara and carefully placed it on her head.
"Do you like it?"
"It's so pretty! But I already had one! Why you give this to me?"
"Because it's a bigger one and because you are my queen now." I kissed her.
"Thank you."








A/N : I'm sorry I needed 3 days to finish this chapter, but it's longer than the others. By the way, the next chapter is the last one. I'm not sure I will be able to post it today. But hopefully I will tomorrow. Anyways hope you like this and bai bai~ ^^