Minho's Case Investigation

The Last Sigmas

Amber, Kibum and their parents were still talking and laughing together in the living room. Then, Jihyo  and Amber's mother, Yoo Kyungeun came with two plates of melon. 

"Jinri-ya, come down." Jihyo shouted, "Let's eat melon together." 

No response, once again Jihyo shouted. Still no response, Amber volunteered to go to her room to call her. Amber opened the door, and called the girl. She stopped when she couldn't see anyone inside. It's strange. Amber thought for a while. When she saw the window was wide opened, she knew instantly Jinri had gone out. 

"Oppa!!! Ahjumma!" Amber screamed calling Kibum and Jihyo, "Jinri's gone!!" 

"What do you mean by gone??" Kibum's voice was also panic. When he arrived at the room and looked surrounding, he quickly ran towards the window and looked outside. 

Jihyo and her husband, Kim Jongkook, together with Kyungeun and her husband, Yoo Jaesuk also have arrived the scene, started to be panic seeing Jinri's not there. "Where has she gone?" 

"No trace of climbing." Kibum said, "I guess she has shifted into some animal which can move fast or fly and of course would not make any suspicion. Cat or bird... Haish, that girl! She still can't control her power. Why did she take the risk to shift and go out without telling us." 

"It must have something to do with Minho Oppa." Amber said. 

"Do you know what Jinri was talking about with Taemin and Soojung?" Kibum asked Amber which made the girl shake her head. 

"Did they tell you anything, Umma?" Kibum asked Jihyo who also shook her head. 

"Am, do you have Soojung's contact number?" Kibum asked when he saw Jinri's phone was lying on the bed. Kibum sighed. It really must have anything to do with Minho, because she even left her precious and never been left before handphone and wallet. 

Quickly Amber took out her phone and called Soojung. 

"Yoboseyo. Soojung-ah. It's me, Amber." 

"Yoboseyo." Soojung said on the phone, "Anything wrong? Your voice is in panic, Unnie." 

"Do you know what happened to Minho Oppa and Jinri? Jinri's gone... We're not sure. Oppa said it's more likely she shifted into something which can make her move or fly fast without suspicion. Mwoh? You are coming? But... Soojung?" 

The call was cut and only in 5 seconds, they felt a strong wind went through them. Suddenly Taemin and Soojung had stood in front of them. They gasped, that's quick! Both of them looked surrounding for a while. Soojung sighed. "That girl..." 

"She must have gone to Minho Hyung's house." Taemin said and chuckled, "She became an impatient girl if it involves Hyung." 

"What happened, Taemin, Soojung?" Kibum nagged the couple, "What were you talking with Jinri just now? Jinri had never done this. She's not a careless girl. Why is she acting this way? Is it about Minho? What's wrong with that guy actually? And, why is he acting that way either? Amber had told me the situation at school, and..." 

"Woah, woah, chill up, Hyung." Taemin stopped Kibum's nag and scratched his head, "We were investigating the reason of Minho Hyung's change when Amber Noona called." 

"Can you tell us what happened actually?" 

Taemin and Soojung told them what they were talking with Jinri this evening. They all agreed that Jinri must have gone to Minho's house. Kibum insisted to join the investigation and looked for Jinri. Amber also wanted to join but was prohibited by Kibum because she also still did not have full control of her power. 

They divided into two group. One group consisted of Taemin and Kibum who will go to Minho's house to look for Jinri and maybe some clues. Soojung will go to Hyuna's house.  

"Are you going there alone, Soojung-ssi?" The parents asked the girl in disbelief. 

Soojung nodded and walked towards the window. 

"Be careful, Wife." Taemin said as Soojung raised her hand and flew outside. In a blink of eyes, Soojung has disappeared. 

"Is she really okay going alone?" Amber looked at Taemin worriedly. 

Taemin smiled, "No worries. She's stronger than one hundred trained warriors. Kaja, Hyung. Ah, Noona, the stronger your bond with Hyung, the stronger both your power will be. Have faith in Hyung too." 

Kibum hugged Amber for assurance and then shifted himself into a cat. Taemin grabbed the cat and similar with Soojung, in a blink of eyes has disappeared flying through the window. Jihyo and Kyungeun embraced Amber and smiled. Jongkook and Jaesuk looked at each other and nodded, praying the children would come back safely. 

Jinri's POV 

I was tired! Haish, this uncontrolled power really drained much my energy. At least I arrived at Minho Oppa's house safely. The others must have realized I was gone. Well, I needed to be quick. I had ever come to Minho Oppa's house once when we were having a group project. I remembered I was in one group with Minho Oppa, Amber Unnie, Khun Oppa and Taemin Oppa, and we did the project in Minho Oppa's house. I also remembered that time many girls were very jealous of us and really wanted to join our group. Yet, since the team only consisted of maximum six people, the slot was closed. 

The house was very quiet. The light's off. Oppa's father and mother, who were doctor and nurse work until late night. Usually it's only Oppa at home after his brother Choi Minhyuk who was much older than him got married last year. Was Oppa not at home? I flew around the house to see if there's anyone inside or any hole I could get myself inside. Ah, the light in Oppa's room was on, he must be inside. 

Should I go in? I hesitated for a while. I could feel my energy almost reached my limit, but I wouldn't get anything if I stopped now. I needed to find out what happened to Oppa and what Hyuna had done. No hole... I guessed I needed to shift to a smaller one... An ant maybe... Yet, could my body withstand  if I once more transformed myself? 

No, I couldn't turn away! I could and I must! I must concentrate and shift into an ant. Aaahh, it's very painful! I felt like my body was tearing apart. My mind was telling me to stop, but my heart said otherwise. I must go on! I must restraint the pain. I knew I could! Uggh, aarrgghh!! Huff huff... I looked at myself, I was an ant now. I succeed. I was tired... No, I couldn't stop! 

Using all my strength, at last I succeeded crawling inside the house through the hole under the door. I looked around, it's in the kitchen. I didn't realize crawling through the back door. What should I do now? I didn't have any energy left. I was really worn out now and my body was all aching in pain. 

"Jinri!?" 

I was startled but had no energy to react. That's Minho Oppa's voice!! How could he know it's me? Suddenly the light was and I could see Oppa's shock face looking at me. Oppaaa... 

Jinri POV ended 

Jinri passed out while panting hard. Minho quickly ran to hold Jinri and check her. As a matter of fact, losing all her energy, Jinri had reverted back herself once arriving the house without her realize. Minho held her and tried to wake her up. 

"Jinri-ya, wake up please." Minho exclaimed in panic, "What happened? Why are you here? Jinri-ya!" 

At the same time, Taemin and Kibum also had arrived at Minho's house and heard the noise. They looked at each other and nodded. Something had happened. Quickly, Taemin put barrier on them which made them invincible. Of course they were so shocked seeing what happened inside. 

Kibum wanted to run to them but was stopped by Taemin, not to make a fuss. Jinri is alright. She's fainted due to the lost of energy. Taemin told him. Taemin inspected Minho for a while and raised his eyebrows. He was the usual Minho. His thought was also could be heard. What really happened? 

Taemin then scanned around the kitchen and his gazes stopped at a yellow glowing bottle on the counter. He flew to check what inside the bottle was. Taemin put his hand towards the bottle and closed his eyes. SCAN. He opened his eyes and then smirked. Kibum looked at him and frustrated. How can he be that interested in a plain bottle while my sister is fainted there??? He screamed inside his head. 

"You got a fever! I will take you to the hospital." Minho screamed in shock and quickly ran into his room to get his car keys. Taemin took the chance to follow Minho into the room. Taemin flicked his finger towards Minho and he suddenly stopped moving and soon closed his eyes unconsciusness. Taemin put Minho on his bed, felt sorry doing those to him. 

"You will wake up tomorrow and take tonight incident as a dream." Taemin said, "I'm doing this for you and Jinri, Hyung. We all want old Minho back." 

Taemin flew outside the room and saw Kibum had reverted himself to hold Jinri. 

"What will you do?" Kibum asked, "We are going back. Jinri needs rest." 

"I'll carry both of you. It's much quicker" Taemin said while flying towards the bottle and grabbed it, "Put Jinri on my back and transform yourself so I can carry you easily." 

Kibum nodded and put Jinri to be piggybacked by Taemin while he shifted himself into a cat again. Quickly Taemin grabbed the cat and immediately flew outside the house. 


Being invincible, Soojung arrived at Hyuna's house. The house was quite big. Hyuna was the only daughter of the director of Seoul Hospital, Kim Hyunjoong and Kim Somin, where Minho's father, Choi Seunghyun, also worked there. Being the only daughter made her spoilt and selfish although she felt very lonely because her parents who were currently not in good term were both very busy. Soojung looked around. Unlike her expectation, the house was not that quiet.  

Inside the house, Soojung could hear laughter from the living room. Hyuna was watching television with both her parents sitting her left and right. They were watching the funny and popular variety show. Soojung stopped for a while thinking. Was her investigation went wrong before? Why were both her parents here, instead of working at the hospital as usual? Were both her parent not in good terms that even not willing to see each other? Have they worked things out? Soojung shrugged and scanned through the house. 

She flew scanning each corner of the house until she stopped in the living room where those three people were still sitting watching the television. Something's wrong. Although they were laughing, the eyes of both her parents were not. Their eyes... It's the same as Minho's this evening. Soojung tried to read both their mind, but as expected, it's blank. 

Her eyes fixed on the two glasses on the table. There's a faint yellow glowing liquid from the glass. Is that... Soojung carefully flew forward and scanned the glass. She quickly flew to the kitchen and scanned thoroughly. None... Ah, the bedroom! Soojung flew into Hyuna's room and scanned once again. There it is! Soojung opened the wardrobe and saw a bottle with yellow glow surrounding it. I'm right. Soojung said. 

Why am I still feeling lonely? Umma and Appa are here, but why... Minho Oppa is the same... He was with me the whole day, but why did I still feel the pain and loneliness!!!??? Is this what Jihyun Unnie said, still I won't acquire the happiness although I got what I wanted?? Why can't I?? Am I not allowed?? Why??? Aaaaaaaa!!!!

It's Hyuna's cry in her mind. She was crying hard inside her heart. Soojung pondered for a while and shook her head. After closing the wardrobe, Soojung flew towards the living room when she saw the tears on Hyuna' eyes rolling down her cheek. Both her parents were still smiling while side hugging Hyuna. 

Wife, are you finished? 

Soojung got a telepathy call from Taemin. 

Soojung: Almost. Our guess is correct. I only need a sample of the liquid. 

Taemin: I already got one. There's one in Minho's house as we expected. We're on our way back to Jinri's house. She passed out due to exhaustion. 

Soojung: Aish that girl. There's more to investigate but I'll stop here for today. Give you the detail later. 

Taemin: Sure. Be careful on your own, Wife. 

Soojung: Sure. Same to you, Husband. 

Soojung closed the call and swiftly vanished from Hyuna's house, leaving Hyuna who still cried hard in her heart. Soojung arrived at Jinri's house when Kibum was helping the unconsious Jinri laying on the sofa. Kibum quickly healed Jinri. Everybody was looking at Kibum and Jinri hoping Jinri to be awakened soon. 

Jinri opened her eyes and looked surrounding, made everybody sigh in relief. Seeing the worry face of them somehow made her feel very quilty. Yet, she was too weak to say something. 

"Kibum Oppa, put her on bed." Soojung suddenly said, "She needs rest and sleep at least a whole day. We can have words with her after she recuperates." 

"Yes, she needs to have a leave from school again tomorrow." Taemin said, which everybody agreed. 

After making sure that Jinri had fallen asleep in her room, Taemin, Soojung, Kibum and Amber sat on the couch in the living room. Both their parents decided to leave the matters to the youngsters and went to have a rest. Amber's parents had also gone back to their house. 

Taemin put the bottle on the table in the middle of the couch they were sitting. Kibum and Amber were both looking at the bottle confused. What's that? They didn't see anything wrong with the syrup bottle. They couldn't see the yellow glow emanating from the liquid inside the bottle. 

Soojung poured the liquid into a glass. They inspected the liquid for a while although Kibum and Amber were still at lost. 

"What do you think it is?" Taemin asked Soojung who liked reading and had the most knowledge about Magical Dimension. Soojung could spend her whole day in the Royal Library if not being disturbed. 

"From the yellowish glow, it sure is a potion from Creation Tribe." Before Soojung continued, Kibum had cut her. 

"Yellowish glow? What do you mean?" 

"You might not see it, but it emanates yellow glow." Taemin said, "And, the color is Creation Tribe's color." 

"Color?" Amber was also confused. 

"Ne, actually every tribe's power has its own color." Soojung said, "Have you ever wondered why you emanate reddish glow when transforming, but blue glow when healing?" 

"Ah, you mean, Shape Shifter Tribe's color is red? And, Healer's Tribe is blue?" Kibum flicked his finger as if getting something good. "So, what's your color? And what's Elemental?" 

"Ne, Dreamer Tribe's is green while Wizard Tribe's is purple. Elemental is Orange. You might remember our encounter with Ghost Tribe? Its is gray. And, this one, yellow belongs to Creation Tribe." 

Kibum and Amber nodded. 

"Before I can be sure, how's Minho condition?" Soojung asked Taemin and Kibum. They then told her what happened before and what they, including Jinri had done. Soojung seemed like more doubtful. 

"You said Minho could recognize Jinri? Even be worried and his mind was readable?" Soojung once again asked to reconfirm. 

"Yes, I'm not sure how this potion works, but It would be dangerous for Minho to take Jinri to the hospital." Taemin said, "What we saw in the house was the usual Minho, and he would really find it very strange seeing Jinri in his house without anyone opening the door for her." 

"At first I thought it was a love potion, but I guess it was not." Soojung thought for a while, "And another assumption that was also wrong. Both Hyuna's parents were also drinking, and both their mind were all blank, similar with Minho's at school." 

Three of them looked at Soojung surprised. If Hyuna also made both her parents drink, it meant that they were not Sigmas. At first they thought that Hyuna and her family were also Sigma, maybe from Creation Tribe. 

"Where did this potion come from then?" Taemin looked at the liquid in the glass more detailed, but still found nothing. 

"Hyuna mentioned a name in her mind though. Does anyone recall a name of Jihyun?" Soojung asked them, "Anybody in school by that name, Husband?" 

Taemin tried to recall his memory of each students' name in the school. In those two years investigating, Taemin almost knew all the students' name. Taemin shook his head. "I'll search the name tomorrow." 

"If it's not from school, then..." Soojung stopped for a while, "We may pay a visit to the hospital then. I assume the person who gave her the potion was this Jihyun, and this girl might be a Sigma from Creation Tribe." 

"You mentioned love potion just now, Soojung." Amber suddenly spoke, "What's the effect of the potion?" 

"The love potion is usually used to make somebody love you." Soojung explained, "Yet, every potion that breaks the law of freewill always has side effect. For love potion, it does not only make you fall in love, but also make you become obsessed. That person would not do anything, forget everything that he usually does, and follow the user everywhere like a pet instead. Usually the effect lasts for three days." 

"Is that what they called love?" Kibum exclaimed in disbelief. 

Taemin chuckled, "Nobody in Magical Dimension ever thought of using that potion though as we all already have our destined spouse and eventually will fall in love with each other. Well, there were some fad youngsters used that potion for tricking and have fun though." 

"For Minho and her parents cases... I didn't know her parents also drank and didn't investigate whether they were working as usual or not. If this is a love potion, they won't be working and Minho will still be following Hyuna, because Minho's change only happened for two days. That's why I doubt this is a love potion." Soojung closed her eyes for a while thinking. 

"Let's see first what Minho condition is tomorrow." Taemin suggested, "We can discuss more after we learn his condition and the effect." 

"Yes, that's good idea." Amber said. 

"Yes, everything we did just now was only theory and assumption. No conclusion can be made." Soojung nodded her head and looked at Taemin, "Tomorrow you have your council, don't you?" 

"Yes Wife. I'll search the name at school tomorrow." Taemin nodded. "You search in the hospital." 

"Okay then, it's settled." Soojung words were once again cut by Kibum. 

"What should Amber and me do?" 

"It's okay." Taemin smiled, "Leave it to us. For Kibum Hyung, the most important thing you must do is training Amber Noona and Jinri using and controlling their powers. Of course, Amber Noona must try hard to train. That's what you need to do." 

Amber and Kibum looked at each other. Although not quite pleased, they could only nod and agree with Taemin and Soojung. After all, their power, especially Jinri's and Amber's really could not match this couple at all. This couple was way too strong! Yes, what Amber and Jinri needed to do was training hard, assisted by Kibum. 

Taemin and Soojung on the other hand looked at each other trying hard to stay calm, as both of them felt a bad feeling... What would happen later? 


Author's note: 

Aw, such a short chapter. I tried make it longer for the next chapter. There's not much moment for the couples though. Hopefully there will be many Minsul, Taestal and Keyber moments in the next chapter. Kasmshamidha...