New Friend or Enemy?

The Last Sigmas

Author's Note: 

Before, I put as a raw one. Well, I've updated this chapter and added some parts. So sorry for the bothersome. 


Jinri and Amber were sitting in their usual place with their lunch on the table. They still hadn't touched their lunch, waiting for the others. Not long after, Taemin and Soojung approached them with their lunch and sat in front of them. Jinri and Amber only gasped looking at Soojung. The other people in the cafeteria were still whispering and talking about the couple. 

"We meet again." Soojung said, "Have both of you been well?" 

"Ah, ne..." Jinri nodded and smiled, "Kamshamida. We've been waiting to see you again." 

"I'll answer your question after lunch, every questions including with Taemin." Soojung cut Jinri who were about to ask her something, "And, keep our encounter before as a secret unless you want to tell the others your identity. Let's make this as our first meeting." 

Jinri and Amber were both dumbfounded with Soojung's firm and confident voice which made them only could agree with her. Just then, Minho and Nichkhun, followed by Jinki and Sunyoung not far behind approached them with their lunch. 

"Ah, annyeonghaseyo, Jinri, Amber, Taemin-ssi, Soojung-ssi." They greeted and was replied by them. 

They all sat down and started to eat. Minho as usual sat beside Jinri and tried to talk to her although got quite different response than before. Jinri was not as cheerful as usual, but Minho could understand it's because of the sickness. 

"Soojung-ssi, how's your class just now?" Nichkhun started some conversation with Soojung who didn't give any response. "Did you get any difficulties in your new school here?" 

Soojung only shook her head with cold expression. The others were all sighing seeing Nichkhun's effort, who usually failed. They had heard rumors about Soojung and Taemin, beside the cousins part, and didn't understand why Nichkhun was still stubborn. Taemin took a glance at Nichkhun and shrugged. 

"Soojung-ssi, I heard you join cheerleaders club?" Sunyoung asked positively. "So, you will be in one team with Jinri. Have you introduced each other just now?" 

"Ne, Sunyoung Sunbae." Soojung nodded, "I heard we can join two clubs in this school. I'm thinking of joining theater club also. I heard you are one of the member." 

"Really?" Sunyoung exclaimed happily and clapped her hands, "We'll be very happy to have you. When'll you submit the application?" 

"Tomorrow. I haven't filled in the application." 

Sunyoung smiled and nodded, but then they were all engulfed in silence. It's kind of awkward actually. They wanted to ask Taemin and Soojung about their relationship, but no one dared to open their mouth. Both of them had those aura who prevented them from asking until some girls suddenly came approaching them with some light of hope in their eyes. 

"Taemin-ssi, may we ask you something?" 

All of them looked up confused, excluded Soojung and Taemin who was nodding. "Is it true, Soojung-ssi is your cousin?" 

The question was asked quite loud which made the entire cafeteria turned their attention to them. Minho, Jinri, Amber, Nichkhun, Jinki and Sunyoung widened their eyes hearing those. Cousins? When they all saw Taemin's nod, soon most of the girls there squealed in happiness. 

"What? Cousins?" Minho asked Taemin for sure, "Ah, why didn't you tell us from the beginning? So that we won't believe those rumors." 

"Why didn't you ask us directly instead of believing those rumors?" Taemin asked still smiling, although they could hear his irritated tone. They were just staying in silence, because they knew how strong Taemin's instinct to tell whether one person was lying or hiding something. They should have just been honest and asked him directly. 

Jinri and Amber looked at each other and then looked at Taemin and Soojung. They really wondered whether Taemin was also a Sigma considering Taemin was Soojung's cousin. Soojung and Taemin could hear what Amber and Jinri were thinking, and smirked. 


Kibum POV

I was reviewing the report from the marketing manager when suddenly I heard a knock. Quite strange, who would have knocked at times like this? It's almost going home time for employees. Only two people came across my mind and I smiled when I saw Jinri's head peeking inside. 

"No need to peek." I smiled in amusement seeing this habit of my sister. "Just come in." Then I saw Jinri coming in with Amber and... Taemin?? And that Dreamer Tribe girl!!?? I stupefied for a while before at last I got up and greeted them. 

"Oppa, are you busy?" Jinri asked when I told them to sit on the couch. 

"Aniyo..." I hesitated for a while, wondering what I should say.

I was quite surprised already with Taemin here because I knew although Jinri was his secretary in student council, they're not that close. And, what's with this girl here? It's true we wanted to find this girl to ask many questions about her existence and about Magical Dimension, but I never thought the time came this quick. But, there's Taemin here, how can I ask anything regarding those? 

"I've put the barriers only for this room so I'll go directly." That Dreamer Tribe girl suddenly spoke, which made us startled, "Before you ask anything, I'll introduce myself. My name's Soojung, Lee Soojung in Korean, and supposed to be known as Taemin's cousin here. You must have known Taemin. No need to introduce yourself, I've known who you are." 

Huh? I was totally speechless. She had those aura who could make other people agree and do what she said. She had known who I was? What did she mean? And supposed to be Taemin's cousin here? I didn't quite understand. So, it meant Taemin also was a Sigma? 

"Supposed to be?" Jinri asked looking at them confused, so did Amber, "You mean, you are actually not?" 

"No, we are married already." Taemin answered this time with a big wide smile as if he's so proud of it which of course made three of us very shocked. Married??? I could see Jinri's and Amber's jaws dropped. "She's my wife. We learned no highschooler had gotten married so we pretend to be cousins to avoid suspiscion."

After recovering from my shock, I looked at them. Well, it's true no highschooler must have been married. That news was really shocking. At what age did they get married? 

"To answer your question, we have been married for two years, only a week before we flew to Human Dimension, and it's when I was 15, and Soojung was 14." Taemin said chuckling maybe because he saw my shocked face just now, how could he know what I was thinking, "We Dreamer Tribe can read other people's mind." 

We were in total silence. Nobody was talking, especially Jinri, Amber and me. We're still very shocked, trying to process what we had heard. I couldn't imagine what surprises we would receive later when they were going to share what really was going on. 

"Before we answer those questions of yours, I want to know what you have known about your power, Sigma and Magical Dimension." Soojung said looking directly into our eyes each with that cold expression. 

I was dumbfounded for a while before at last telling them what we had known, what happened to us and how our parents ran away to Human Dimension. I could see Taemin was listening attentively while Soojung was quite cold. I really couldn't read her expression and what she's thinking. 

After we finished our story, Taemin who was embracing Soojung by putting his hand on her shoulder was looking up thinking hard while Soojung was closing her eyes. I didn't know, maybe she's also thinking. Soojung opened her eyes and looked at each other with Taemin. Taemin smiled and both of them nodded. 

"I'll share the knowledge about Magical Dimension, before we tell you about us." Taemin said. "Magical Dimension was ruled by the Royal Family, King Wonbin and Queen Hyekyo. They had three children. The first was Prince Siwon married Princess Sooyoung, the second child was Prince Heechul and the last was Princess Hyoyeon. Magical Dimension had nine tribes in total." 

What? Nine tribes?? That many? We only knew four, because our parents never told us about other tribes. They also never told us about the Royal Family. It might be due to the sealing of their power and memory. 

"Each tribe had a leader and a vice, and each leader was the castle royal knight." Taemin continued, "Your father's brother, your uncle was one of them. The first tribe, Wizard Tribe is what you usually know as sorceress, mage, cleric, witch, specialized in magic, well the simple example is Harry Potter. The second one is Dreamer Tribe who control gravity, illusion and mind." 

Ah, gravity. No wonder, they could float and fly without any tools. Taemin, well maybe had heard my thought, smiled and nodded to me, "Yes, that's because of the gravity skill." I scratched my neck, felt uneasy. Aish, I forgot they had the mind reading skill. Nothing could be hidden from them, huh? 

"Third is your tribe. You must know the best yourselves. Fourth one is Elemental, I think I don't need to elaborate since you have one here." Taemin looked at Amber, "Well, if you like to play game, Elemental Tribe is quite similar as black mage. I've seen some of the people here playing RPG. Fifth, Ghost Tribe, like the one you encountered. It possesses living creature to its host energy and surrounding. They are useless by itself, but quite powerful when possessing strong creature. Sixth, Semi Tribe, half human half creature, Centaur, Mermaid are some of the example you may know. Seventh is Healer Tribe, you also must have known very well. Eighth, Creation Tribe is what you can say as inventor, herbalist and alchemist, specialized in inventing new things. The last..." 

Taemin stopped for a while rubbing Soojung shoulder who seemed to be quite affected. What's wrong?

"Necromancy Tribe." Taemin at last spoke. Necromancy? What's that? I'd ever heard that term before in some games I'd played but I couldn't remember what it was. Yet, I knew that term was not a good one. 

"It... specializes in resurrecting dead creature into Zombies and Ghouls." Taemin gritted his teeth, looked like suppressing his anger and disappointment. "Necromancy and Ghost are our first line guard from outside threat, then the second layer is Semi and Elemental, the third layer is Shape Shifter, and the last layer, the most nearer to the castle are Wizard and Dreamer. Healer and Creation are not fighter tribes." 

I was processing the information that I'd just received. That were too many to be accepted at the moment. Jinri and Amber were also thinking what they had heard in deep thought. Looked like they knew we were thinking hard so they stopped looking at us. 

"It's too much, I know." Taemin said again, "Actually you don't need to know everything of it. At least you all have some pictures about the Magical Dimension. Then, about us..." 

Then, Taemin told us their story. We listened it with awe what they've experienced. I never imagined how they could go through that painful moment. As Taemin told the story more, Soojung seemed to be more reluctant. Taemin embraced her tighter to ease her sadness. Jinri was in sob already when listening to the sacrifice of Soojung's father. Her soft heart made her more sensitive to sad story. 

I was speechless, never imagined their story was very horrible and heart throbbing. 

Kibum POV ended

"If you don't mind, I want to be your friend, Soojung-ssi." Jinri said looking at Soojung who was quite surprised with her sudden cut, "For these two years, you have no one to share, only have Taemin-ssi. But now, we also share the same secret. We can share with each other, help with each other, rely with each other." 

Taemin smiled and looked at Soojung who was also looking at him. Taemin nodded and patted Soojung's head with much affection. Soojung looked at Jinri and smiled at her, as she could feel the sincerity and honesty in Jinri's heart. It's the first smile she had shown other than to Taemin since coming to Human Dimension. Jinri quickly smiled happily and rushed to hug Soojung who was very startled with her sudden act, but slowly hugged her back. 

Amber, although didn't show her concern and honesty by action like Jinri, looked at Soojung and also smiled which also replied by latter. Taemin on the other hand and Kibum looked at each other and shook hand together. 

"Both of you are looking for Soojung-ssi's cousin?" Kibum asked, "I never knew there's also Sigma here besides us, before you came." 

"But, you said you have never met him or her." Jinri said, "How are you supposed to find one when you don't have any clue, whether it is a boy or girl, how old it is...? 

"Yes, it's true." Taemin said, "We believe we shall meet soon, just like three of you. Maybe, it's only our assumption, Sigmas tend to draw to each other, just like us? Who knows?" 

"Yes, we assume, no, we believe that my cousin might be in Winfield, when I learned about your existence that day." Soojung said, "Maybe, there'll be another Sigma who happened to be my cousin. That's why I decided to move, focus on one school. Before, we had a vision that we might find our cousin between both school, so we investigated separately. Taemin goes to Winfield and I go to Springfield." 

"What we found were actually out of our expectation." Taemin said. 

"We'll help you find your cousin." Kibum said, "Just tell us what we can do." 

"Sure, Kibum Hyung." Taemin said, "Since we are in Korean, we decided to follow the culture, and I guess we can drop the formality. Jinri can call me Oppa and I'll call you Amber Noona because I'm younger than you." 

"Ne, I'll call you Unnies since I'm the youngest." Soojung said looking at Jinri and Amber who were very shocked with the outcome, "And, I'll call you Kibum Oppa." 

Then, they all smiled and nodded with those arrangement. 

"Why didn't you think that one of us is your cousin?" Jinri suddenly asked. 

"No, because my cousin is half Wizard half human." Soojung stopped for a while, "Auntie was not an obedient child when she was a kid. She used to break the rules to come to Human Dimension, and well, never been caught. There she met someone she loved and decided to elope." 

"Half human?" Jinri exclaimed in shock, "Is it possible?" 

"We don't know whether that man knew her identity or not, because we never contacted each other after she eloped," Taemin said, "That's why we got much difficulty in finding her." 

Jinri kept quiet, thinking hard. Soojung looked at her and smiled, "Jinri Unnie, Amber Unnie, I want to go to the toilet, can you accompany me and show me where the toilet is?" 

Jinri and Amber looked at each other, confused with the sudden cut from Soojung. Then they got up and walked together outside the room. Kibum shook his head in disapprovement, "What are the girls doing in the bathroom together? I really couldn't understand, is it that scary to go to the restroom alone?" 

Taemin who knew what Soojung was up to, smiled, "Just let them be, Hyung. Girls have many secret to talk to though. We boys can never intervene." Kibum shrugged and continued talking with Taemin. 

Jinri POV

I wanted to ask many things but I just didn't know how to open the conversation. Soojung's words just now really bothered me. Her aunt eloped with a human? Was it really possible?

"Both of you are funny, Unnies. You almost thought the same things." 

Hearing Soojung's voice, I looked up and realized we were in the toilet already. How could we arrive at the toilet? Didn't Soojung say she needed us to guide her the way to the toilet? 

"I've come here many times." Soojung said while looking herself at the mirror fixing her hair. Eh? Came here many times? How? When?

"I came here secretly." She said, well maybe after reading my mind, "I started to pay attention to you since I saw you and Kibum Oppa healing a wounded bird in the park, Unnie." 

I saw Soojung's direction at Amber Unnie. She's quite shocked. Well, I knew Oppa could never leave a wounded animal. "Since then, I investigated you, Kibum Oppa and Jinri Unnie, including coming here." 

"Just ask me. I knew already what you were thinking. Well, Amber Unnie was also thinking the same thing with you." 

Amber Unnie looked at me and grinned. I knew what Soojung meant. Okay, here I go! "Is it really possible for us to be with a human?" 

"I also know about you and Minho, Unnie. Taemin told me a lot about you. He liked being with all of you." Soojung said, made me surprised. Taemin-ssi? I meant, Taemin Oppa? Amber Unnie was also surprised with that statement because we always felt very distant with that boy although he was always with us during lunch. 

"I can understand now, because I can feel your sincerity." Soojung smiled at us, "Taemin never showed it because he didn't want you to get involved. Before, we thought you were humans, so he made a wall to prevent you all know about us, and to prevent anything that might harm you." 

"Being a Dreamer Tribe sometimes gave us pressure since we can know what other people were thinking, including their bad thought. It's a troublesome. But, you are very different." 

"About what you want to ask..." Soojung paused for a while, "Only you knew whether Minho is the one for you or not. Actually every creature, including human already has their destined soon to be spouse, only the matter of time. However, humans tend to mix the feeling of crush, like and love. Sigmas can distinguish very well whom they love, whom their soon to be spouse." 

"That's why, there's no one-sided love in Magical Dimension. Soon after we realize whom our spouse, we shall straightly get engaged and married one year later. That's the tradition in Magical Dimension. There's no limitation to age. We also ever had a 12 years old bride." Soojung laughed. 

Twelve years? Wasn't it too young to get married? I never could imagine it. What was I doing when I was still 12 years old? Playing? Having fun with my friends, being spoilt? Just now when I heard Soojung got married at the age of 14, I was very shocked already. Wasn't it very young to have a marriage life? Then, did they also do 'that' as what husband and wife usually did? Wouldn't she be pregnant if they did it? Wait, why was I the one flustered now? 

Soojung suddenly chuckled hard, "You're very funny and naive, Unnie. Of course we did it. It's normal, isn't it?" 

Shoot, I forgot she could read my mind. Aish, it really embarassed me. Amber Unnie also looked down the floor with red face. Eh? Did it mean that Unnie also thought the same thing as mine? She looked at me and we just grinned like a fool laughing ourselves. 

"Yes, you both were thinking the same thing." Soojung seemed amused which made us more embarassed, "No, we can determine when to have a child. Since we ended up here, it's the best of not having a child with our current condition." 

Ah, I see. I nodded my head. Of course, having a child at this young age, especially when we were still a highschooler would rise any suspicion. 

"Back to your question. Taemin said Minho is also an honest and sincere person. He really loves you, and you already have known it. Yet, we also don't know if he's your soon to be spouse, because it's you who can determine it. If he is the one, he will surely accept you who you are." 

"What should I do then?" I was really confused with my own feeling. Was I sure he's the one for me, like Taemin Oppa to Soojung and Kibum Oppa to Amber Unnie? 

"You'll know when the times come." Soojung patted my shoulder, "Just be yourself. Act like you usual do. Don't avoid him, Unnie, because it will hurt you more. Don't worry, you also have Amber Unnie, me and Taemin, ah I must be accustomed to call him Taeminnie Oppa. Oh, I also should address Minho as Minho-ssi. Phew, Korean's culture is really interesting. We shall watch your back and prevent anything that will harm Minho-ssi, and other friends that we care. Just as what you feel towards us." 

Hearing those words from Soojung, my tears started to flow again. Amber Unnie hugged me to console me because without control, I'd sobbed. Soojung also hugged me although kind of stiff, maybe she was not used to this skinship. However, I felt warm and safe around them. Thank you... 

Jinri POV ended