Minho is Back

The Last Sigmas

Minho's POV 

What a strange dream I had yesterday. But, it really seemed so real. I remembered having Jinri in my arm. Aish, forget it!  I walked downstairs after grabbing my phone, wallet and car key. I walked to the kitchen to have the vitamin that Umma gave me three days ago as a substitute for breakfast for Umma had no time to prepare one since she was promoted to a manager alongside Appa. 

Hm? Where's the vitamin? I looked around and thought for a while, trying to remember where I put it. I remembered putting it on the kitchen table, here. But then, the bottle was not seen. I ransacked the kitchen shelves and cupboard, but no result. Aish, pabo! How could I forget where I put it? Really, I was a pabo, always forgetting things, like my memory for these two days was kind of fuzzy. 

Looking at my watch, I frantically dashed outside my house after not forgetting locking it and got on my car. I'll be late if I was not hurry. Guess, I needed to buy breakfast at school. So hungry... My car that was given to me after Appa bought a new car quickly arrived at the school parking lot. After parking my car, I walked quickly into the school, not paying attention the stares of the other people. 

"Minho Oppa!!!" 

I turned my head to see who's calling me that turned out to be Kim Hyuna, the daughter of Appa's boss. When I wanted to bow my head and greet her, suddenly she hugged my arm with passionate and flirty eyes. I was taken aback and to my reflect quickly pulled away from her. She was also surprised and looked at me with that hurt look. I was so confused, what's going on. 

"Oppa...?" 

"Oh, annyeonghaseyo, Hyuna-ssi." I tried to keep my posture and bowed to her. She looked more surprised and disappointed. 

"Hyuna-ssi...?" I called her, still not sure what she wanted, "What can I help you?" 

Hyuna-ssi sometimes asked me for homework that she didn't understand. Did she want me to teach her the subject that she didn't understand again? Despite my appearance, I was always in fifty top rank in the school. Although this girl was sometimes being spoilt and selfish, I still respected her as the daughter of Appa's boss. 

"No, nothing..." Hyuna-ssi cracked a smile, "Have you had breakfast?" 

"Hm, not yet." I answered, "I'm going to buy one." 

"I only drank the vitamin every morning." Hyuna-ssi said, "Didn't your Umma also buy one?" 

"Ah yes." I nodded, of course she knew it because Umma bought that vitamin together with her Umma, "I forgot where I put it. I couldn't find it this morning. I'll look for it later after school." 

"Ah, I see..." I could see a glimpse of disappointment in her eyes, but then it disappeared. It might only be my imagination. 

"Hyuna-ssi, I need to go." I looked at my watch, five minutes before the class started. I needed to have breakfast now. "Annyeonghaseyo." 

I heard Hyuna-ssi called me hesitantly, but I didn't pay much attention because my stomach had already been growling asking for food. I decided to buy some melon breads for me to eat on the way to the classroom. At that time, I realized the strange stares from the others when I was walking, especially the girls. They were all whispering while looking at me. What happened? 

"Hey, lover boy, where's your y girlfriend?" 

"Switching from Jinri to Hyuna. That's really a total different preference." 

"Pity for Jinri, dumped by her boyfriend only for that ." 

I turned my head to find the source of the voices. It's some boys talking with that sarcasm and mocking tone while looking at me. I halted for a moment, wondering what they meant. I really didn't understand. Suddenly I felt someone pulled my shirt and dragged me to the corner of the corridor. I was shocked by Jonghyun Hyung's deadly glare to me. 

"What did you do to Jinri, Minho!" 

I was bewildered with Hyung outburst, especially it's about Jinri. Was there anything happened? Remembering my dream, the fear that something bad happened to Jinri instantly engulfed my mind. 

"I thought you really love Jinri, but what do you mean by being that lovey-dovey with Kim Hyuna?" Hyung gritted his teeth, surpressing his anger. I was taken aback by that statement. What? Being lovey-dovey with Hyuna-ssi? What did he mean? 

"I saw you these two days ignoring Jinri and following Kim Hyuna like her pet. Do you know how sad and hurt she was seeing you? Did you two have a fight? And, did you want to make her jealous by doing so, or what?"  

I didn't respond for I was too shocked to receive that accusation. 

"I can't stand it anymore seeing her sadness. I have thought to make a decision to give up my feeling for her, as long as she's happy with you. But, what have you done? Although you both haven't made your relationship official, but I was willing to let her go because I can see you both love each other." 

"I'll make it clear now." Jonghyun Hyung said looking at me with piercing eyes, "If you continue this act, I'll snatch her from you, by all mean." 

Hyung released his grip and walked away after giving me a warning and disappointed glare. I leaned myself on the wall, unable to think anything. My legs were wearing out. What actually happened? 

Minho POV Ended 

Minho was laying on the grass behind the basketball field when Taemin came approaching him with empathy smile. Minho was covering his eyes with his arms while closing his eyes thinking what just happened. He ended up skipping his first class for his mind was totally blank. 

Taemin sat beside him when Minho, who realizing someone was there, opened his eyes to see who the person was. When he saw that it was Taemin, Minho gave him a bitter and weak smile while returned covering his eyes with his arm. Taemin sat there in silence, didn't give any indication having an intention to open a conversation. 

"Didn't you have class, Taemin?" Minho asked while still covering his eyes. 

"Yes, we have a same class this morning, Hyung." Taemin answered, "Skipping once in a while is not that bad." 

Minho scoffed, "The world must have turned upside down if you as a president of student council really has intention to skip class. Are you looking for me?" 

"I heard what Jonghyun-ssi had told you." Taemin said, "Are you confused what had happened?" 

Minho opened his eyes and stared at the handsome boy beside him, "Why did all of them said I was being lovey-dovey with Hyuna-ssi, and dumped Jinri?" 

"You really didn't remember?" Taemin asked, which made Minho shake his head hard. 

"My mind was really fuzzy these days, and I can't remember much, only a vague of memory." Minho said, "I haven't had chance to told Appa and Umma to get check up. I thought I have some illness that I don't know, or else." 

"Maybe you were very tired." Taemin said, "Moreover, the weather might have affected our health because Jinri is also sick." 

"Jinri's sick?" suddenly Minho got up and looked at Taemin worriedly, "What happened? Is she alright?" 

"Soojung said she has a fever because of fatigue." Taemin answered trying to assure Minho although he still could see all the worry in Minho's face, "We want to see her after school, wanna join, Hyung? We shall help you clear this misunderstanding." 

"Of course!" Minho quickly replied, "I'm so worried, hope she's alright. Do you believe me? And, will she believe me? I heard what I had done for these two days, and..." 

"Don't think too much." Taemin said, smiling, "This was all a misunderstanding. I'm sure she will understand." 

"Thanks, Taem." Minho said while once again laying himself on the grass. "I'm surprised." 

Taemin chuckled after hearing Minho's thought, "It's not that I don't care, Hyung. You are all my friends, it's just that I didn't want to poke into someone else's life. Soojung's also quite attached to Jinri and Amber. She's eager to help Jinri." 

"You changed after Soojung-ssi came." Minho laughed seeing the smiling face Taemin, "I was quite surprised, maybe the others also, when you suddenly called Amber Noona, and Jinri called you Oppa. Despite her appearance, Soojung-ssi is quite caring." 

"Don't fall for her!" Taemin quick response in threatening Minho made him quite surprised seeing that popular boy's expression that was the first time ever shown. 

"The woman that you said you love, is it Soojung-ssi?" Minho asked. 

"Yes." Without any hesitation, Taemin smiled and gave a proud look.

Minho laughed and nodded understanding. He already had that thought when seeing Taemin's gaze to Soojung, but he didn't dare to think it when they said they were cousins. Well, falling in love with your own cousin, although it was not really allowed in Korea, was not a crime. Moreover, they grew up in California which might be not quite a taboo there. Minho shrugged. 

"No worries, Taem." Minho said, "My heart only has Jinri, whatever happens." 

"Really?" Taemin turned his head, looking at Minho with a quite serious face, "What if Jinri encountered some incident and made her ugly?" 

"I love her not because of her beauty." Minho laughed. 

"If she were accused to be a criminal?" Taemin asked again. 

"I'll always believe in her." Minho said assuringly. 

"If she were... not a human?" 

Minho stopped laughing and slowly turned his head only to find a very serious face of Taemin. Minho furrowed, thinking of Taemin's question. What happened to this guy? Minho asked himself. Why did he suddenly ask those weird questions? If Jinri were not a human? From where did Taemin have that thought? 

"If she were not one, so what is she?" Minho asked, still raising his eyebrows interested, "A ghost? But, she has legs. Like what?" 

"Hm, a werewolf, or vampire, let's say." Taemin thought for a while. 

Minho suddenly laughed hard, felt funny, "Hey Taem, are you sure you're not watching too much movies? Maybe you watched that vampire movie too much, what's its name? Twilight!" 

Taemin smiled at Minho's comment, "I said what if. Well, what if, let's say, Jinri's a... " Taemin paused for a while, "...werewolf, will you still love her?" 

Minho pondered what Taemin had said and thought what he would do. He then smiled, "Yes, I will. I'll always love her whoever she is." 

Taemin was satisfied with Minho's answer and nodded. Then they laid themselves on the ground and watched the blue sky. Minho closed his eyes and prayed for Jinri's recovery. He also hoped that the rumour about him and Hyuna would vanish soon. 


Minho was driving his car with Nichkhun beside him while Jinki, Sunyoung and Victoria were sitting behind them. Taemin on the other hand was also driving his own car with Soojung and Amber. They were all going to visit Jinri. When Nichkhun told Victoria, she also wanted to join and there she's also there. 

They, except Victoria who didn't pay attention too much about Minho's change and rumor, also decided to celebrate the reverted Minho. Minho got much smacks and scoldings from his friends, especially both Jinki and Sunyoung as his sunbaes. Moreover, Sunyoung also saw by herself how Minho treated her. Minho obediently received all the scolding from them although he still didn't really know what he had done, as long as they all understood and didn't blame him. Taemin, together with Soojung and Amber also defended and spoke up for him, and he couldn't be grateful more. 

The most important thing was Jinri's condition. He didn't care what other people thought about him. If all his close friends, especially Jinri, forgave him, it's more than good. He decided to put aside what really happened and wouldn't look into it, afraid his relationship with them would be broken if he investigated. Moreover, Hyuna didn't do anything to him today. 

When his car arrived at Jinri's house, Taemin's car was already there. They then walked inside the house and greeted Jihyo and Jinri who were sitting together with the other three. Jinri and Minho were kind of awkward, but luckily Taemin and surprisingly Soojung could make those two act as their usual self. 

Minho was sitting beside Jinri after being arranged by Soojung, still with her cold expression. Taemin was sitting with Soojung of course although Nichkhun almost sat beside her other side but already taken by Amber. They were all talking about Jinri's health, not even mentioning Minho's change. Jinri was also seemed not too affected by the rumour and still talked to him as usual. 

Victoria saw Nichkhun's attempt to Soojung and rolled her eyes because she could see what kind of relationship Taemin and Soojung has which was not merely a cousin relationship. She felt a little sharp pain inside her heart when seeing Nichkhun that way, but she chose to ignore it and put it aside. 

After some time, they all decided to go back letting Jinri having rest. Minho who still wanted to stay behind talking with Jinri didn't move. Taemin and Soojung who knew what he was up to nodded and offered themselves to take the others back to the school. Jinki and Sunyoung still had evening course while Nichkhun and Victoria would go home by train which its station was located not far from the school. 

Jihyo told Jinri to take Minho to the second floor to have private talk while Amber would go back home. Both of them sat in silence. Minho took a glance on her, thinking what he should say. He wanted to talk, to tell how sorry he was, but nothing came out from his mouth. 

"I'm sorry, Jinri-ah." Minho said after gulping gathering his courage. 

"About?" Jinri turned her head to see Minho's sorry and loving gaze to her. 

"My attitude..." Minho said again, scratching his neck, "I have made you sad, and hurt." 

"It's okay, Oppa." Jinri said, "I know it's not your fault. Jungie has told me, you didn't quite remember what happened. I also sometimes can't remember too well when I was sick, like these days. My mind was kind of foggy." 

"Really?" 

"Ne, it's okay." Jinri said smiling, "More importantly Oppa, you are recovered, aren't you?" 

"Ne, you're right." Minho chuckled, "You know, I dreamt of you yesterday. I dreamt you were at my house last night, fainted. I was so panicked when found out you had fever. Maybe I have sixth sense telling me that you ARE sick." 

Jinri smiled at Minho who was laughing. Then her smile vanished and were changed into a serious face instead. Minho realized her changed face and looked at her, started to be worry whether there's something bad occurred. 

"Oppa..." Jinri muttered, hesitated. Taemin had already told her his conversation with Minho. She was very delightful hearing that statement from Minho that he would always love her no matter who or what she was. However, she was still not sure if Minho really would accept her as what she was. 

"What's wrong, Jinri-ah?" Minho asked. 

"I want to tell you something, but..." Jinri halted and pondered whether she really was ready to reveal herself. 

"What is it?" Minho asked with gentle and affectionate voice which made Jinri become more hesitant. 

"No, nothing..." Jinri shook her head and smiled, "Only wanted to say, I'll always believe in you." 

"Komawo, Jinri-ah." Minho said happily, "I'll also always believe in you." 

They looked at each other and smiled. 

I still didn't dare to tell him everything. I was afraid Oppa would avoid me if he found out I was not a human. No, no... Maybe I would tell him later, after I was really sure, Oppa would not avoid me... Jinri said to herself. 


Author's note:

Sorry, it's really a slowwwww update. By the way, I have updated previous chapter. I have decided the names of their parents. Jinri and Kibum's parents went to Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo while Amber's parents were Yoo Jae Suk and Na Kyung Eun. Amber's surname is Liu which is read Yoo in Korea. I'm also a Runningman and Spartace fan.. ^o^ Then, I also have given names to Kim Hyuna's parents, Kim Hyun Joong and Jung So Min from Playful Kiss..