Minho's Change

The Last Sigmas

"You're good, Lee Soojung. Do you have acting experience before?" 

"Ne, Sunbae." Soojung bowed, "I was also in theater club in my previous school." 

"No wonder. Okay, you're mostly welcome. I'll introduce you to our other members." 

Soojung had submitted her application for theater club and was asked to do some test for measuring her skill. The leader of theater club, Shin Sekyung had approved Soojung and introduced her to the others. Sunyoung shrieked in happiness and suddenly hugged her which made Soojung quite startled because she was still not used to that skinship. 

"I saw your acting just now. Daebakkk!" 

"Kamshamida, Sunyoung Sunbae." Soojung smiled. 

"Ah-ah, I've told you during lunch. Don't be that formal. Call me Unnie, like you call Jinri and Amber." Sunyoung insisted which made Soojung chuckled, "Ne, Unnie," 

"Kaja, the practice is starting soon." Sunyoung pulled Soojung together to practice with the other members although some of the members were somehow not welcoming Soojung from their looks. Soojung knew it very well but said nothing. She knew they disliked her for the fact Taemin sent her there before going to his basketball practice. 

"Pay attention, everybody!" Sekyung clapped her hands, "As you must have anticipated, we are having a play next month. We have decided on Romeo and Juliet, and the casts will be announced on the next meeting. If there's any roles you want, please write it on the paper we provided and put in the box." 

"Juliet must be mine!!" 

Soojung and Sunyoung who were taking a rest turned their head to see Kim Hyuna shrieking like crazy with her friends. Looking at Hyuna, they remembered Jinri and Minho. There's rumor that Minho was going out with Hyuna which of course made Jinri sad and jealous because Minho didn't join them for lunch. Nichkhun also didn't know whether that rumor was true because Minho skipped almost classes and ignored him.  

"She will mostly get the role." Sunyoung nodded, "Do you want to take part in it?" 

"I don't think so." Soojung shook her head, "I'm new and need to adjust. How about you?" 

"I want to try Romeo's role..." Sunyoung said, quite surprising. "I know it's weird, because Sekyung would not consider it. There're many males in our club that are suitable for the roles." 

"Why not? Nothing's impossible. Where there's a will, there's a way." 

Sunyoung looked at Soojung surprised with her cold and firm statement. She felt that Soojung was cold and always distant herself with the others, but she somehow could feel the care and encouragement from the girl. 

When the practice time was almost finished, the members were suddenly being shocked by the appearance of Minho there. Soojung and Sunyoung who were talking turned their head to see what the commotion was. Sunyoung raised her eyebrows, confused. Soojung looked at Minho who did not even pay attention to them. 

Soojung POV 

Minho? What was he doing here? His eyes were focusing only on Hyuna. Huh? It's weird. His eyes... It's empty. Well, Taemin and me hadn't seen Minho because we did not have a same class with him today. Ugh, I couldn't read his mind. What happened here? 

"Minho Oppa!!!!" Sunyoung and I saw Hyuna running towards Minho and hugged his arm with that flirty and victorious look. I could see Hyuna was very satisfied with Minho being hers and enjoyed the envy look from other girls there. Well, Minho was one of the popular boy at school other than Taemin. Wait a minute, being hers!? 

Minho was smiling to Hyuna, but that smile... That's not Minho's usual happy smile, especially when being around Jinri. That smile was an empty and cold smile. I had some bad feelings about this. It couldn't be...

"Minho, where have you been? Why are you here?" Sunyoung approached Minho, but Minho didn't even turn her head to greet her. Hyuna quickly pulled Minho and walked away, "Mianhe, Unnie. We are in a hurry." 

I forget Sunyoung Unnie is quite close with Minho Oppa. I need to prevent others see Oppa. I don't care how, no matter what, Minho Oppa is mine, not Jinri's!!! 

What? I heard what Hyuna was thinking just now very clearly. Why should Hyuna prevent those who are close with Minho to see him? That's weird. Let me try calling Taemin then. 

Me: Husband, are you there? 

Taemin: Yes, Wife. We almost finish practicing. Anything wrong? 

Me: It hasn't finished yet? Then, why can Minho be here? 

Taemin: Minho? He didn't even show up in the practice. Everybody was looking for him, but couldn't find him anywhere. It's so rare for him to skip practice, moreover without telling. 

Me: (Now my bad feeling was growing bigger) That's very weird. He came to our theater club only to look for Hyuna. He even ignored Sunyoung. 

Taemin: Really? That's totally impossible. (He seemed very confused) We know how much Minho loves Jinri, how much he treasures his friendship with us, including Jinki and Sunyoung, and it's impossible his feeling can change in only one day. 

Me: Ah, I couldn't read his mind. No, it's more like... his mind was blank. Thus, his eyes... it's empty and so cold. 

Taemin: Blank!? Do you mean it has anything to do with...? 

Me: My assumption, yes. I'll talk to you later. 

Taemin: Sure. I'll pick you up soon. 

I closed my telepathy with Taemin. Sunyoung came to me with that confused look. 

"What happened to that boy?" Sunyoung said with anger, "How can he do that to our Jinri? He didn't even greet us and only looked at that ?" 

Sunyoung must be really angry. This might be the first time she called someone . Well, it's strange though! I needed to investigate. 

"Soojungie." That's Taemin voice. He's walking fast towards us followed by Jinki. Most of the girls there once again made a fuss. I could hear their minds, of course. 

What the hell! Just now Minho Oppa, and now Taemin Oppa!!! Although they are cousins, I don't want to see them that close. 

Ugh, that Soojung, she must not monopolize her cousin by her own. She need to share with us. 

That Hyuna , how can she snatch away Minho Oppa from Jinri? 

I want Taemin Oppa for myselffff!!! 

If that Hyuna can snatch him, maybe I can snatch Minho Oppa back from her? 

That's just great! Their mind were sooooo awesome! I really couldn't understand how they could have that kind of thought. I saw Taemin was also shaking his head while closing his eyes in displeasure. Yes, how could we be pleased always hearing those kind of horrible thought??? 

Soojung POV ended 

Sunyoung told Jinki what had happened just now and of course it lit the anger inside Jinki. First, Minho had made Jinri sad. Second, he even didn't join for lunch as usual. Third, he skipped the practice without notice. Fourth, he ignored his friends only for that girl whom he was never close before??? 

"I need to talk to him, really." Jinki sighed. "We'll confront him tomorrow. He didn't even pick up my call. Kaja, Princess. I'm hungry. The chicken is waiting for me!" 

They laughed as they knew how much Jinki loved chicken. Sunyoung smiled and bid goodbye to them. Taemin and Soojung nodded their heads and walked out of the club, leaving most of the girls being disappointed. Soojung and Taemin flew to Jinri's house. Jinri's mother, Kim Jihyo opened the door. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Ahjumma." Taemin and Soojung bowed. "Is Jinri home?" 

"Jinri's friends?" Jihyo greeted them happily, "Please come in. Jinri's in her room."

"Jinri-ya, your friends are looking for you." Jihyo shouted calling for Jinri. 

Taemin and Soojung went inside and sat on the couch. Jihyo then came with two glasses of drink for them and also sat on the couch. They looked at Jihyo who was looking at them curiously. Jinri had ever told her about her new Sigma friend and wondered whether this couple were the one. Taemin smiled, "Ne, Ahjumma. We are them. Jinri must have told you everything." 

Quite surprised, Jihyo kept silent for a while and smiled, "Ne, you read my mind, don't you? We always asked Jinri and Amber to ask you to come, but they didn't say anything. Jinri also has told me about your family, I'm very sorry to hear that. How's your mother?" 

"She's fine." Soojung answered, trying her best to keep calm, "Well, she's gotten better although is still weak. Since separated from father, mother kind of... lost her half self. Well, every Sigma's power depend on how strong the bond with the spouses." 

"Is that so? It means, the stronger the bond, for example between both of you, the stronger the power you have?" 

"Yes, that's the case." Taemin nodded, "Kibum Hyung and Amber Noona's situation is also the same, and I can see that their power is quite strong." 

"Ah, ne." Jihyo smiled, "Their bond has already been seen since they were children. But since we the parents have already sealed our power, the knowledges and memories we had during our time in Magical Dimension is also fading." 

"Ne, sealing means throwing away the connection with Magical Dimension." Taemin said, "That's why many essential information and memory are also being erased." 

"Ne, it's quite sad for us actually." Jihyo sighed, "It made us feel like losing our identity. We struggled hard before deciding to do the sealing. Yet, we need to do it to be able to survive here. If Kibum, Jinri and Amber are also able to seal their power, they maybe happier, especially Jinri." 

"Everything happens for a reason." Soojung said, "Ahjumma, sealing power is very risky."

"Ne, the younger the Sigma, the riskier it will be." Taemin continued, "There might something they can do with the unseal power. Have faith in them, Ahjumma. What we asked you is only supporting them. We shall also help and assist in everything we can." 

Jihyo looked at them with watery eyes and grateful face. She was really happy her children had made two wonderful friends. She looked up the stairs, wondered why Jinri hadn't come down. "Excuse me, I'll call Jinri, what she's up to." 

Jihyo went upstairs and not long after, she came with apologetic smile, "Mianhe, Jinri's sleeping just now. She's coming for a while." 

"Ah, kwenchana, Ahjumma." 

"Nugu, Umma?" Jinri appeared and was surprised, "Soojungie? Taemin Oppa? How do you know my house?" 

Soojung chuckled, "We investigated you before, remember?" 

"Ah, ne..." Jinri grinned and was quite happy with them there because she kept thinking things when she's alone, "Kaja, come upstairs." 

Taemin and Soojung followed Jinri going upstairs which also had couch and sat on it. 

"Are you okay, Unnie?" Soojung asked, looking at Jinri's swollen eye, "Don't think too much. We are here to help you." 

Jinri who seemed like didn't want to talk let them read her mind. 

He didn't reply my text, and even rejected my calls. 

"He's not being himself, Unnie." Soojung said while hugging Jinri. "We still haven't found it yet what happened, but I thought that he's bewitched by something." 

"Bewitched?" Jinri asked, saying her mind at last, "What do you mean?" 

"We still don't want to think that far, but if somehow it connected to Sigma, only two tribes can do this. Dreamer and Creator Tribe." Taemin said, "Dreamer with controlling mind skill and Creater with its alchemy potion." 

"Ne, I met him in theater club just now." Soojung nodded, "I really couldn't read his mind and his eyes were empty as if being controlled." 

"Jinja?" There's a small hope from Jinri's voice, "So, can he be cured and back to himself again?" 

"That, we still need more to investigate." Taemin said, "Soojung insisted to come here before starting investigating to tell you this, to make sure you are alright and not be sad. Be confident and have faith. We all know how much Minho Hyung loves you." 

Jinri blushed hearing that comment and smiled, "Komawo, Jungie, Taemin Oppa. So, how will you investigated? Can I join? Pleaseeee..." 

"Aniyo." Soojung quickly cut her, "You still need to learn controlling your power. We don't know what will happen later, and we don't want to put you to harm. Believe us. I also treasure this friendship with all of you very much, and want old Minho-ssi back." 

Jinri hugged Soojung tightly which made the girl shocked, "Komawo, Jungie. You seem cold and curt, but actually your heart is very warm and kind. Komawo becoming my friend, Jungie." 

"You're welcome, Unnie." Soojung said, with a small blush. Taemin looked at them, and was very amused. 

Jinri POV 

Taemin Oppa and Soojungie had left. Maybe they were starting the investigation. Ugh, I was so curios. I really wanted to know what happened to Minho Oppa. Why was he like that? I was so sad, so jealous, so disappointed Minho Oppa didn't care for me. I was already used to his companion, I guessed. 

Sigh. I missed Minho Oppa. I didn't see him today. We usually always met when lunch time even if we didn't have same classes for the entire day. If we had same class course, Minho Oppa would sit with me, beside or behind me. Argh, my tears was flowing again. Was this also what Oppa feeling when I was avoiding him? Mianhe, Oppa... I didn't mean to. 

I threw myself on my bed and stared at the ceiling. It's true I was afraid Oppa would leave me if he knew I was not a human, but a monster. I was also afraid that accepting Oppa would impose him to danger. There were so many fears inside my mind. One side, I wanted to be with him, but on the other hand, I didn't want to destroy him. Argh, why was I struggling like this? And now, with him avoiding me, I really felt like losing my energy. Ottoke? 

"Jinri-ya, come down to have dinner." 

Umma's calling. Dinner? What time was it now? Eh, 7 o'clock? I didn't realize daydreaming until this late. Umma, Appa, Oppa and Amber Unnie and her parents were there. Well, we usually always had dinner together, sometimes at our house, sometimes at Amber Unnie's house. I settled down beside Amber Unnie. 

"Ahjumma said Soojung and Taemin came just now?" Amber Unnie asked. I nodded, unwilling to tell them what we were talking about before. It's not that I wanted to keep secret, but I was very lazy in explaining things right now. Amber Unnie seemed understand and didn't ask much. Oppa wanted to ask me, but I knew he was stopped by Unnie. Komawoyo, Unnie. 

The dinner was quite lively. We all talked about almost everything happened with ourselves. I didn't talk much though, well not have the mood to say anything. They all seem to understand and didn't interrogate me. I was very grateful with their understanding. 

I went upstairs, back into my room wanting to be alone. I laid down on my bed and checked my phone if there's any news from Soojung regarding Minho Oppa. I was kind of losing my patient. I wanted to know right now what happened to Minho Oppa. I wanted him back. I missed him so bad. I wanted to see him... 

Could I do this? Should I? I shook my head. Ani, ani... I couldn't! I was still unable to control my power. But, but, I really wanted to see Oppa... Mianhe, I needed to do this! Oppa, wait for me! I'll also help you regaining your old self! 

Jinri POV ended 

Jinri opened the window and looked outside to check the surrounding for a while. Suddenly her body was engulfed with red light and slowly shifted into a bird. The bird then flew through the window. 


Author's note: 

At lasttt, another chapter. I'm very very sorry for the late update. I'm quite busy these weeks. Hopefully I can update as soon as possible. And, thank you very much for all the subscriptions and upvotes. I'm so sorry I can't reply one by one, but I'm really grateful. Kamshamidaaaa.. *bow 90 degree*