Normal School Life

The Last Sigmas

2 years later... 

Kim Jinri and Amber Liu went out from their class together and walked to the cafeteria. As solid and inseparable best friends, both tend to choose the same courses so they usually ended up in the same class. Arriving at the place, they both took their meals and sat in the middle of the cafeteria which fitted for 10 people. 

"You are having student council meeting after this?" asked Amber. 

"Yes, received news from Suzy just now." said Jinri as a secretary of student council while Bae Suzy was the treasurer. 

"So I'm going back alone later..." Amber shrugged and continued her lunch. Well, this was not the first or the second time she went home alone. Usually the two neighbors always walked home together. 

"Oppa is coming later to fetch you, you can wait for him." Jinri laughed looking at 'tried not to care' Amber, "You looked indifferent and people said you have no expression, but you are very jealous when it comes to Oppa. Forgive him already. You know very well, Kibum Oppa sees friendship highly. They are only friends, Unnie." 

"It's almost three days you ignored him. I'm so tired of his nagging every night at home, telling me to persuade you to talk to him." Jinri tried again to persuade her best friend who was also his brother, Kim Kibum's girlfriend.  

"Well, I guess..." said Amber at last, still looked not caring which made Jinri laugh once again. 

"I wonder how Oppa can make you like this." said Jinri. 

"As if you are not... Ah, speak of the devil." Amber smirked looking at four people coming to their table. Without turning her head, Jinri knew very well who Amber was talking about. Her heart started to beat fast as the footsteps were coming nearer. Choi Minho, Lee Taemin, Lee Jinki and Park Sunyoung went to the table where Jinri and Amber were sitting with a plate of their lunch. 

"You arrived quick." Minho sat beside Jinri while putting his plate on the table, "You even didn't wait for me to eat." 

"Who asked you to come late." Jinri pulled out her tongue and then continued eating making the other laugh. 

"We were having meeting for the basketball match next week." Minho argued not wanting to lose, "Hyung, we are late, and now she even is ignoring me." 

Jinki as the head of the basketball team was smiling in amusement looking at the couple whom everybody knew was in love but not yet official, "Ne, forgive him, Jinri. Minho, Jinri might be starving already. Let's just eat, arraseo." 

Still pouting, Minho started to eat his lunch and not too long had already been talking playfully with Jinri. Jinki looked at them and then smiled to his girlfriend beside him, Sunyoung, "You know, Princess, I never got tired watching them. They are so cute, one minute they were arguing, the next minute they were playing together, then another minute were ignoring each other, yet another one talking to each other as if in their own world." 

Minho and Jinri blushed hearing Jinki's comment while the others laughed including Amber and Taemin. Amber smirked at Jinri getting revenge which made the girl glare at her. They were always having lunch together on the same table. Actually there was also Nichkhun, but since he got no class beforehand, he skipped off going home early. 

"Taemin-ssi, we are having the council meeting later, are we going to discuss the match?" Jinri changed the topic and looked at the student council president who was eating silently looking at them. 

Except for Minho and Jinki who were in the same basketball team with Taemin, they were not very close to Taemin who seemed to be very mysterious in every way. The popular boy was very kind, friendly, smart and cheerful, but somehow Taemin could stop people from going into his personal life. Although Taemin was quite close with Minho and Jinki, he only began calling them as 'Hyung' after succumbing to the persuassion from them because they were older than Taemin. Yet, he never allowed anyone to call him 'Oppa' or 'Hyung'. Once, one of his fangirl called him 'Oppa'. Taemin not only didn't respond, but also his smile disappeared. That made the fangirls understood and stopped calling him 'Oppa', moreover after seeing his frown. 

"Yes, this is crucial." Taemin said, "This is the first match between both schools after five years. We need to make sure no fight will happen." They nodded their head. They had heard the incident happened five years ago when their school was having a basketball match with Springfield Highschool. Both Winfield and Springfield Highschool which lied next to each other had been competing through generations and never in good term. Every match, especially sports always ended up in a fight. 

"By the way, I heard you got another confession this morning?" Asked Jinri teasingly to Taemin who only shrugged. Everybody in their school knew how popular this guy was for he almost got love confession everyday, despite the bunches of love letters that were always put in his locker every morning. 

"Again?" Minho smacked Taemin's arm, "So, what did you tell her this time? It's her, not him, right?" 

Taemin glared at Minho which made everyone on the table laugh, because Taemin was also categorized of having a pretty face which made him also sometimes get love letters from boys. "Got rejected as usual." Jinri said. 

"You heard it from Suzy-ssi, didn't you? She happened to pass by the park when that happened." Taemin said while rolling his eyes. What a gossiper he had in his council body. They all knew that Suzy had feeling for Taemin but never made a move, only stayed being Taemin's treasurer in student council and Taemin appreciated it. 

"Why did you reject all those girls?" Minho asked, "Not even one caught your attention? Even Kang Jiyoung-ssi. Wah, daebak! Is my friend's heart here made of stone?" Minho chuckled remembered his best friend, Nichkhun who very easily developed crush on girls always got pissed of Taemin because every girl whom he tried to court was so into Taemin, including Jiyoung. 

"You always told them that you already have a woman you love." Jinri who was also curios asked, "Who is she? Is she in our school? Why do you keep it secret? Nobody will believe it unless they saw with their own eyes. Well, I also don't believe it. Don't you think you are being cruel to them, always waiting for you, giving you attention?" 

Taemin looked at Minho and Jinri then smiled. What a perfect and nosy couple, huh? "Before going into mine, why not discussing yours? Hyung and Jinri always rejected those who came to you yet, both of you don't want to make yours official. Aren't you being crueler to those who are expecting you?" 

Minho was left speechless while Jinri pouted defeated, and made the others burst into laughter. Well, both of them never learned though. They liked to tease and digged Taemin's personal life, but always lost to that smart boy. Yet, not even once they wanted to quit from their effort. Taemin smiled innocently at them. 

"I need to go." Taemin said, still with innocent smile on his face, "I need to prepare the material for the meeting. Kim Jinri, don't take your time too long discussing it. Or should I change it to Choi Jinri?" 

Taemin laughed in amusement leaving Jinri who shrank herself with her red face and Minho who scratched his nape blushing hard, while the others were still bursted in laughter. Amber who was usually expressionless was also laughing hard made Jinri give her more glares. Sunyoung was even laughing in tears. 

"Jinki Oppa, Sunyoung Unnie..." Jinri pouted, "Stop laughing. It's not funny. You too, Amber Unnie!" 

"It's very funny, Jinri ah." Sunyoung said in between her laugh, "Ya, Choi Minho, you know you always lost to him, why did you challenge him again once more?" 

"Aish, Noona, stop it." Minho groaned, still irritated to be defeated for like hundred times to Taemin, "I wonder when I can win from him." 


Amber walked alone to the gate slowly. She was quite awared knowing that Kibum would come to take her home. Amber did not quite believe what Jinri said because Kibum never once could leave his company. Kibum was a very busy owner of a fashion designer company, Sigma Corp. She somehow was expecting to really see Kibum here, but she quickly shrugged off that thought. It's still impossible. 

It's true, she had been ignoring Kibum for three days since she found out Kibum was having lunch with Nicole, his secretary, only the two of them. She also saw Kibum patted Nicole's back. She sighed. She knew she had been jealous, but she had a reason. Nicole was Kibum's ex-gilfriend during high school, and knowing they were still having a good relationship although as friend still made her unease. When she knew that Nicole had become his secretary, she had already shown her dislike. Yet, Kibum always assured her that Nicole and him were long over. They always maintained proffesionalism as an owner and a secretary, moreover Nicole had already got married. 

Suddenly she heard some squeals near the gate. Many girls were gathering there as if watching a show. Amber, not too interested, walked through the crowd when she heard a very familiar voice calling her name. Her eyes straightly widened open seeing a figure in his attractive business suit leaning on a car just outside the school gate. All girls who were trying to talk to that handsome man eventually turned their heads only to see a tomboy girl whom they knew quite popular being Jinri's bestfriend. 

Amber was dumbfounded for a while but quickly regained her conscience and somehow decided to ignore him and walked away. Being aware of Amber action, Kibum quickly ran towards Amber and grabbed her hand, making the girls there make a fuss. Amber looked at Kibum with cold expression. 

"It's enough, Am." Kibum pleaded, "You really tortured me these three days. I'm sorry, really. Please, let's talk." 

Hearing those words from Kibum, all the girls there couldn't believe their eyesight. They, mostly who always underestimated Amber for being tomboy that no guys would like to be with her, were really shocked knowing that girl actually got a very handsome, attractive and even rich boyfriend. Still with cold expression, Amber walked into Kibum's car after the door was being opened by Kibum. Then Kibum closed the door, moved around and stepped into the driver seat after bowing and smiling to the girls there whom were still shocked. Soon, the rumors started to spread. 

"You were really making quite a scene." Amber sighed shaking her head. 

"I don't have a choice." Kibum said smiling widely at Amber first sentence after her silence only to him for three days, "Jinri said, you won't be able to run away if I did this." 

"Aish jinja, that girl! What do you want?" Amber asked while still looking far to the road in front of them. 

"I want you." Kibum said explicitly, successfully made Amber turned her attention to him, "Jinri also had told me what you saw. Nicole is only a friend, a secretary to me. She is the past. What I want now is my present and of course my future. It's you. Please believe me, Nicole was having a fight with her husband, and I was just encouraging her. Nothing else." 

Then silence engulfed them. Nobody was talking. Kibum was focusing on the road ahead while Amber was still in her deep thought. Suddenly the car stopped just beside a park near their house where they used to play when they were still kids. Amber looked around wondering what Kibum wanted to do. Kibum lead Amber going out of the car and had a walk into the park. They walked silently. 

"You know you are always that special to me." Kibum said while Amber was still looking uninterested looking up in front, "We grew up together, and you must have known I always had my eyes on you. I had some relationship in the past to divert my thought and feeling from you because I knew you only saw me as a brother back then. Please trust me." 

"It's not that I don't trust you." At least Amber opened saying some words after much thinking and consideration, "It's just... I have no confidence. Our world seems like very different. You are an owner of a company, have many friends, popular even your female employees have their eyes on you." 

Amber stopped for a while preventing her tears rolled down, then continued, "Oppa, you are surrounded by many beautiful women, while me? I'm a student who has nothing, not popular, not girlie, not cute, not..." 

Amber stopped talking since Kibum pulled her into his embrace tightly, "Stop it, Am. I don't care any of those. I never had my eyes on them, whoever that you might think or mention. I love you, love you the way you are. You are special, you are an amazing woman. Nobody can be compared to you. My heart only belongs to you since we are only kids." 

Hearing those words, Amber silently sobbed while hugging Kibum tightly. Kibum slowly caressed his girlfriend's head with much affection. 


While Amber and Kibum were pouring out their heart content to each other, Jinri was having her council meeting with other members, including Taemin as student council president, Ok Taecyeon as the vice president and Suzy as the treasurer. Jinri's mind was not really on the meeting as she suddenly thought of what happened in the cafeteria with Minho, and also wondered how Amber and Kibum would end up. 

"Miss Kim Jinri-ssi, were you listening?" Taemin who was explaining the technical of the event looked at Jinri who was still deep in thought. Suzy nudged her and made her awakened from her daydreaming only to be stared by all pairs of eyes in the meeting room. Taemin was still looking at her with his famous innocent smile, "May I know what have occupied your mind that was interesting so much and made me invicible here?" 

Uh-oh, here he came. Jinri grinned guiltily. Taemin was always kind and smiley, but never got him mad. He had the aura that gave people pressure to obey him even he was smiling, like the current situation. Jinri combed her hair with her hand being embarassed. "Pay attention, Miss Kim, or should I call you Mrs Choi instead, so you will never forget my existence anymore?" 

Jinri's eyes were widen shocked hearing Taemin's joke in the middle of the meeting which made the entire people inside the meeting room laugh hard, even Suzy was also suppressing her laugh not wanting to receive glare from the girl beside her. Taemin smiled innocently, again, looking at Jinri who was lowering her head avoiding everyone's gaze at her. 

"Okay, enough, back to the discussion." Taemin said while continuing their meeting topic, leaving Jinri cursing herself of being distracted knowing how scary Taemin was behind his smiley face mask. 

At last the meeting was all over. Suzy looked at Taemin who quickly went off outside the room until out of sight. Many people were wondering why that guy was always in a hurry going home. Not even one student in their school knew where his house was. Some people, mostly his fangirls had ever followed him back home but always lost sight of him. Suzy then walked outside the room with Jinri, only to meet Bae Jonghyun outside waiting for them. 

"Oppa, are you waiting for me?" Suzy asked his brother who was smiling at Jinri. "Aish, I don't think so." 

Jonghyun turned his head to see his pouting sister and hugged her, "Biyane, Suzy-ah, didn't see you there. Is the meeting over?" 

"Ne, Oppa." Suzy linked her arm unto Jonghyun's arm, "Kaja, let's go home. I'm hungry." 

Jinri giggled looking at them, felt envious. Suzy and Jonghyun were only one year difference which made both of them really close. Kibum was almost 6 years older than her so they never had a chance to be in the same school together. 

"Okay then, let's walk together, Jinri-ah." Suzy pulled Jinri to walk together with them. Suzy and Jinri were also quite close and often shared many things. Jonghyun on the other hand always looked for chances to talk to Jinri ignoring the rumor of Jinri and Minho. 

"Wait, Suzy-ah." Suzy turned her head and saw Taecyeon running towards her, "You really never changed huh. Can you just once go away without leaving things behind? Oh, annyeonghaseyo Jonghyun Hyung." Taecyeon bowed toward Jonghyun who replied with a smile. 

"Omo?" Suzy suddenly realized something and checked her bag, "Did I leave my phone? Or my wallet? Or...?" 

"Here." Taecyeon handed over a phone with pink case to Suzy, "Wow, Taemin-ssi is really daebak. He could make you be bewitched and forget your phone." 

"Ya, Oppa!" Suzy pouted blushing and grabbed her phone from Taecyeon, "Stop teasing me. By the way, komawoyo, Oppa." 

"Kwencahana, I'm used to it." Taecyeon laughed and patted Suzy's head, "Be careful next time, Suzy-ah. I'll get going. Bye, Hyung. Bye, Jinri." Then, Taecyeon bowed his head and walked away. 

"You are still into that popular boy, huh?" Jonghyun muttered, "What's so good about him anyway? Even the girls at my grade are also fangirling him. And, since when did you call Taecyeon 'Oppa'? Even speaking informally already? When did you become that close? He even patted you, in front of me?" 

"Oppaaaa..." Suzy whimpered, making Jinri laugh looking at the over possesive brother towards his only little sister. "Jinri-ah, will you also perform in the cheerleaders before the match next week?" Suzy tried to change the topic and attention from her brother. 

"Jinja? There will be a cheerleaders too?" Jonghyun who was also a basketball player turned his head to Jinri who was a cheerleaders member, "Daebak. It's been a long time since I saw your performance." 

Then Jonghyun looked happily talking with Jinri, made Suzy sighed in relief. Hopefully Oppa won't remember interogating me again. Hoped Suzy secretly. 


Taemin arrived at his house and immediately walked towards second floor where his room was. He opened the door and walked inside to find Soojung who was sleeping peacefully on the queen size bed. He slowly approached that girl and caressed her head while smiling affectionately. He lowered his head and kissed Soojung's forehead. Soojung moved and opened her eyes, happy seeing Taemin's there. 

"You are back, Husband." Soojung got up while rubbing her eyes, "I'm sorry, I got a little tired and fell asleep." 

"Am I disturbing you? You seemed exhausted. I'm sorry letting you do it alone today." Taemin pulled Soojung into his embrace, "My council meeting took longer than I expected. Have you found out where your cousin might be? I tried looking around my school, but still haven't found anything close." 

"No, it's okay." Soojung shook her head while hugging back Taemin, "I'm also clueless as you are. Even mother doesn't know where her sister might stay, and how many niece or nephew that mother has. I also don't know where to start." 

Taemin sighed and nodded. Almost two years had they started their mission, but still hadn't found any clue or lead. Soojung pulled out from Taemin's embrace until facing him and suddenly smiled to him, "But, I saw something interesting just now at the park. I'm still not sure with what I saw, needed to investigate, but I had vision that we might encounter at least a clue at the next week match." 

"Really?" Taemin smiled, "Yes, I also had a vision something good may happen. Tell me later what you saw. Now, get back to sleep. You really ran out of energy. Don't worry, this time I shall accompany you. Wait for a while." 

In a blink of eyes, Taemin vanished and came back with his loose t-shirt and blue boxer. He climbed on the bed sitting beside Soojung and pulled her into his embrace while both of them lying down. Not long after, Soojung had gone into slumber resting her head on Taemin's chest while Taemin hugged her tighter keeping her warm and smell closer. Slowly Taemin closed his eyes and followed Soojung into dreamland. 


Author's note: 

I'm so sorry for the late updates. Well, I tried my best to write as simple as I could yet be able to explain the situation. Hopefully, this chapter was not boring. By the way, I'm not good at writing POV, maybe some people might find my story which, well, full of narration boring? 

I'll try update the third chapter soon. Please do comment for advice and critics.