Who is Soojung?

The Last Sigmas

Jinri POV 

I was moving right and left on my bed trying hard to sleep. My eyes just didn't want to cooperate and kept staying awake. Many things came across my mind and it made me really be stressed out. That incident always haunted me even into my dream. 

Two days has passed since the basketball match, so did the incident in the sports storeroom. That day, we ended up going back home earlier and of course missed the match, because Amber Unnie and I were very tired and ran out of energy. Kibum Oppa took Jonghyun Oppa inside the male locker changing room after healing him. To make things worse, both of us had a fever due to that incident, maybe as a result of overusing our energy. Both of us knew very well we were still unable to control the power so we never wanted to try using it even a snap of it. 

I heard that Minho Oppa was really mad and sulked for not finding me during the match, but then shrieked in panic when learning I was sick. Minho Oppa came to visit me yesterday, but I didn't want to meet him. It's not that I hate or mad at him. I felt like I'm really not worthy for him. 

I was not human! I was a monster!! I looked at my hand which almost killed a human, and recalling that incident made me trembling in fear of myself. What should I do? I might some day kill human when my power lost control just like two days ago. My tears forced to escape through my eyes again. I'd been crying for these two days and blamed myself. I could still remember the coldness in my heart when crushing those Kim Woobin's hand. Was that really me? I shook my head hard. How hard I denied the fact, I was still a monster! 

Amber Unnie was also locking herself in her room. Kibum Oppa always tried to console both of us, but I didn't want to hear any. Umma and Appa also tried to give me understanding, but their words just couldn't go into my mind right now. I had known since I was in primary school that I had a power which common human didn't. I'd ever seen many times Oppa transformed and healed mostly wounded animals. 

Umma had told us the story how they ran away from Magical Dimension due to the fight to be the next Tribe Leader. I knew Umma was from Healer Tribe, Appa and Unnie's Appa from Shape Shifter Tribe while Unnie's Umma from Elemental Tribe, but I didn't know other tribes.

Appa was the Leader of Shape Shifter Tribe's brother. When Appa's father who was the previous Shape Shifter Tribe Leader was dying, a fight between the supporters of Appa and his brother went wild which ended up to the attempt of murder. Appa, who didn't want to kill his brother, and Umma decided to run away to Human Dimension with Unnie's parents who were their right hand man. When that happened, Unnie and I were still unborn while Oppa was already four years old. 

Oppa had been taught how to control the power since he was small in Magical Dimension, so he still had some memories about it. Meanwhile, Unnie and me who were born here didn't have a chance to train for we were so afraid that we made a big mistake. In the end, we decided not to use any of the power to avoid any troubles. 

Yet, that time, when seeing Oppa's in danger, I couldn't control my anger and my urge to save him. I didn't realize that I had used my power to transform myself. I thought Unnie also felt the same way with me, seeing her important person in danger. Without any proper training and knowledge, we didn't know how to control our power. Luckily, well I really thanked that beautiful yet strong and powerful girl. If it's not her, we would really have become monsters. I wondered who she was and if I could meet her again. 

Both Unnie's and my parents were very shocked knowing there was another Sigma here. They, who had their power been sealed in order to live here peacefully, also had sealed away the knowledge and memories of the Magical Dimension. Oppa's power was not able to be sealed becauce he was still a kid and might put him in danger. The parents thought that Amber Unnie and I would not have the power since their power has been sealed, but they're wrong.

From the description we gave them, they could conclude that the girl was from Dreamer Tribe, because that's the only tribe who could fly without any tools. Unlike the Shape Shifter Tribe who was the strongest in physical, Dreamer Tribe was a mind controlling tribe, the second strongest after the Wizard Tribe. About the True Sigma that we heard from that Ghost Spirit, they also had no idea. Appa said he had ever heard that term, but he couldn't remember what it was. 

KNOCK, KNOCK! 

I turned my head and saw Umma coming inside. She sat on the side of my bed. "Can't you fall asleep?" 

"Ne, Umma..." I got up and faced her, "Why aren't you asleep either?" 

Umma checked my temperature, "The fever has gone down. What are you thinking?" 

I looked down. Umma smiled and touched my face, "You are not a monster, Jinri-ah. We are very sorry making you like this. If we still stayed in Magical Dimension, you will not experience this pain. About Minho-ssi that came yesterday, and you asked Umma to tell him you were already asleep. Umma has heard about you and Minho-ssi. Do you love him?" 

I looked at Umma, surprised. How could she know about Minho Oppa? I bet it's Kibum Oppa's doing. Aishh... What should I tell Umma? Should I be honest? At last I nodded my head. Umma smiled, "Don't worry. If he's meant for you, he would accept you the way you are. I'm not telling you to tell him everything, but don't avoid him. It hurts you more, the more you avoid him. We'll try to find way to let you train controlling your power. Believe in yourself. You have a beautiful heart." 

Somehow, I felt light hearing Umma's words. I didn't know why, but I felt like my worry and fear was all gone. I didn't realize that Umma had put me on bed, and not long after I had gone into deep slumber. 

Jinri POV ended 


Minho POV

Jinri and Amber still had not come for school today. Were their fever that bad? I went to Jinri's house with Khun Hyung, Jinki Hyung and Sunyoung Noona, and Victoria Noona with some of cheers members two days ago, but she was sleeping and couldn't meet us. I heard that Jong Hyung with Suzy, Taecyeon Hyung and some of the council members also visited, and met the same fate with us. What really happened? 

I couldn't concentrate on what the teacher was saying. My mind was full of fear what might happen to Jinri. Aisshh! I sighed hard. Khun Hyung who sat on the right of me suddenly nudged me. What?? "Calm down, will you? You irritated me with your sigh!" 

"Aish, shut up!" I groaned frustrated. How could I be calm? It's not usual for Jinri to not reply my text until three days. Was she mad? But why? Was her fever that bad? 

"You worry too much, Hyung." Taemin who sat left of me rolled his eyes, "She got fever, just let her rest for two or three days. It's not that unusual." I snorted, forgot that this guy's instinct was too good. 

"Are you talking about Jinri?" Suzy who sat in front of Taemin turned her head, "Has she got better?" 

"Jinri?" Naeun, Suzy's best friend who sat in front of me also turned her head, "Oh, I heard she's sick. Many people are talking about her, with her best friend together, Amber, right? No wonder I don't see them today." 

Yes, this traditional history class was the only class where all the grade XI students gathered. This class was packed into one course for all the students. Usually it's Jinri and Amber who sat in front of us, but since both of them didn't come, Suzy and Naeun sat there instead. Well, we never had permanent seats. Aisshh, I really couldn't think anything right now! 

"Keep quite, please!" 

What happened? We looked at the teacher who was talking with the Vice Principal!? It's quite strange for Vice Principal to come to the class. "Come in." 

When a beautiful girl walked in, all the people inside the class, especially the boys were all starting to make a fuss. Most of them were whistling. Aish, these guys. Suddenly I remembered Khun Hyung and looked at him. I rolled my eyes seeing his captivated eyes looking at the girl. Again...? Aish... 

"Hey, she's that Springfield girl!" I heard some of the boys shout. Ah, I remembered, she's that beautiful girl that every guys was spellbounded and every girl envied. 

"So, you are transferred from Springfield? In the middle of semester?" 

"Ne, I have my reason. Should I introduce myself, or can I straightly go to my seat, Seonsaengnim?" Wow, that girl was so cool and outstanding. How could she talk like that to a teacher in front of hundreds students. I heard someone chuckled and turned my head to see that Taemin was smiling wide. The teacher seemed distracted and cleared his throat. "Ah, please introduce yourself." 

"Annyeonghaseyo. My name's Lee Soojung, transferred from Springfield High. I grew up in California, so I might not be too familiar with Korean culture." 

California? It's the same with Taemin. Taemin also came from California before entering high school. Hey, their surname was the same. Were they somehow related? Well, Taemin had been mysterious in every way we could call. We really didn't know his family, his past and his house. I shrugged, well it's not that I really wanted to know. I always felt I could trust him, and he's a good guy. 

"Hey, she's very beautiful." I could see a love star on Khun Hyung's eyes. Aish, this guy... Really couldn't learn from mistakes, huh? 

She was asked to take a seat. She scanned through the classroom and suddenly walked towards us. Was she going to sit here, in front of Khun Hyung? Well, the seat beside Naeun was empty. When Soojung really sat in front of Hyung, he looked like wanted to jump high. I shook my head. 

Well, that girl ignored Hyung for the entire course. I chuckled seeing Hyung sulking expression. Just great! The other strange thing was that Taemin was smiling wide for the entire course. I wondered... 

Minho POV ended 

The course ended and they got up to go to the next class. This time they were separated. Taemin, Suzy and Naeun were going to Mathematics class while Minho and Nichkhun were taking arts class. Suzy and Naeun tried to befriend Soojung, but that girl just acted cold. 

"What's your next class, Wi... Soojung?" Taemin suddenly asked and stood beside her. "Ah, Math? Same with me. Kaja, let's go together." 

Everybody was very shocked seeing the too friendly Taemin towards Soojung. Moreover, when they saw Soojung smiling to Taemin although only for a while. Both of them walked together to their next class leaving the shocked friends, especially Suzy and Naeun. Taemin was usually kind and cheerful, but never this kind and started the approach. Usually it's the girl that did the approach first. 

"What happened?" Naeun asked Suzy, "Is that really Taemin Oppa?" 

"Hush, he doesn't like to be called Oppa, you know that, Naeun." Suzy rolled her eyes, "They seem to be quite familiar with each other. Ah, we also need to be quick. Kaja." 

Suzy and Naeun left and walked fast towards their class. Minho and Nichkhun who were also confused with Taemin's attitude heard the rumors that were going on around them. The other students were already making a fuss due to Taemin and Soojung. 

For the entire day Taemin and Soojung who happened to have almost the same courses were showing their closeness which made many girls and boys being jealous. Everybody was so envy seeing them standing together because both had those mysterious aura, outstanding and both had beautiful and handsome figures. 

"Are you sure you don't want to join student council?" Taemin asked when they were walking towards the field. Taemin was going to have a basketball practice while Soojung decided to join cheerleaders team. 

"No, you alone is enough." Soojung shook her head while scanning throughout the field, "You sure are really famous here. I can feel everyone's jealousy towards me." 

"See who's talking here." Taemin smiled widely, "Every boys is all staring at me as if they want to kill me because I am now with you, Wife." 

"We are high schoolers who normally haven't got married." Soojung said, "Don't forget to be careful, Husband. What's the condition of those two?" 

"They said that they are recovering. I guess they will attend school tomorrow. So, what's your plan to them?" 

"Still not sure." Soojung shook her head, "I need to have a talk with them. I'm still thinking whether it will harm them to know more than what they have. We haven't investigated where the Ghost Spirit came whether it may lead to another danger. What do you think?" 

"We are searching for your cousin, but I never imagine will find another Sigmas and they are the people that I know very well." Taemin said, "So, this is the main reason why Jinri keeps rejecting Minho."

"I really wish Father, your parents, Jongin were here." Soojung's voice was somehow filled with sadness, "How I sad seeing Mother always cried thinking of them. I'm so relieved you are here with me. You know Husband, I'm thinking, do you think there will be more Sigmas here? Who knows there were Sigmas secretly trespassed the Forbidden Forest and ended up being thrown here." 

"I was thinking the same thing." Taemin nodded, "We really should be careful and spread throughout the area. Let's stop here. We will continue later." 

They arrived at the field where all the cheerleaders team were gathering. Victoria were talking with some of the members when almost all of the girl members were whispering when Taemin and Soojung approached them. 

"Victoria-ssi." Taemin called Victoria who turned her head and stopped for a while, had been aware by the gossip about Taemin and Soojung, "We're here to submit the new application." 

Victoria smiled and looked at Soojung's new member application for a while, "Sure. So, your name is Lee Soojung. Today's your first day, but I already heard many rumors about you, especially from the other members here. Well, most of the girls here are Taemin-ssi fangirl, so don't be surprised later, Soojung-ssi. It's the first time Taemin-ssi got quite close with a certain, well new girl, that's why they were all exaggerating it." 

Soojung smiled hearing Victoria's comments, "No worries, Victoria Sunbae. Thank you for your concern." 

"You're welcome." Victoria clapped her hand, "Welcome to the team. I'll introduce you to the other members. So, Taemin-ssi, are you also joining?" 

Taemin smiled at the sarcasm, "Aniyo, I only want to send Soojung here. Please take care of her, Victoria-ssi. I'm off." 

Some of the girls heard what Taemin had said and surely soon made a fuss. Soojung chuckled while Victoria rolled her eyes and shook her head, tired of the fangirling from her members. "Don't mind them. Attention, everybody!" 

All of them suddenly gathered and surrounded Victoria and Soojung, "We got a new member today. Her name's Lee Soojung. Please take aside all those rumors and make a good acquaintance with her. These are all our members. Ah, there's another one, Jinri is sick, so she doesn't come to school." 

"I know. I saw your performance before the match and it's very awesome. It's you, Victoria Sunbae and Jinri-ssi who made me want to join this team." Soojung said, made Victoria smiled wide. 

The practice then started. Soojung didn't join the practice, only sat there watching them because she needed to adjust the moves and technics. The members there were somehow feeling awkward with Soojung there. They were just talking about her and, suddenly boom, she appeared and became part of the team. Soojung felt their stares and tenses, but didn't put into mind. She somehow enjoyed it though. 

After the practice ended, once again they were all shocked. Taemin who usually went off early as soon as class or practice over was still staying there, waiting for Soojung??? When they saw Taemin and Soojung walked together, once again the rumor became more intense and left the heart full of jealousy and hatred from the girls toward Soojung. Just who was Soojung, especially her relationship with Taemin? All of them wondered.