Basketball Match

The Last Sigmas

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight! 

Upbeat music was heard throughout the field. All the cheerleader members were practicing for their performance before the basketball match tomorrow. Today was the last practice before the performance so they practiced really hard, including Jinri and the team leader Victoria Song. Victoria was blowing her whistle to give signal and the counting beat of the moves. Other than human pyramid, they also had some solo, duet and side dance, such as salto dance which was specialized by Victoria with the leanest body, and ballet dance by Jinri. 

"Okay everybody, today's practice ends here." Victoria said clapping her hand, "Thank you very much for participation. Tomorrow is the performance, we must do well, so rest well for tonight." 

Most of the girls and some boys quickly ran towards the locker changing room, leaving Jinri and Victoria. Jinri sat on the floor for a short resting. Well, among all the members, Jinri and Victoria were one of the most energetic and hard worker members which made both of them feeling more exhausted than the others. Jinri and Victoria who needed to practice for their duet still continued their practice. 

Realizing the time, Victoria quickly ended their session and went to the locker changing room together. They also saw some of the basketball members who were going into the male locker changing room which lied beside the female one. Looked like those guys were also practicing hard for tomorrow's match. 

"Biyane, Jinri-ah." Victoria said while combing her hair in front of a mirror, "I got lost of the time. You are going home with Minho-ssi, aren't you?" 

"Ne, it's okay, Unnie." Jinri who stood beside her nodded, "How about you? Going back alone? This late?" 

"No worries. Nobody dares to disturb me, unlike you. You are most likely to be the target of the scoundrels, you know." Victoria laughed, "Kaja, let's go find Minho-ssi. I want to hand over you to him myself, so I can be relieved." 

Jinri chuckled and went outside the locker only to see Taemin and Jinki talking outside. Taemin turned his head and bowed, "Annyeonghaseyo, Victoria-ssi, Jinri-ssi." 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Taemin-ssi, Jinki-ssi." Victoria also bowed. Jinki also bowed to that beautiful girl and smiled to Jinri. "Annyeonghaseyo, Jinki Oppa, Taemin-ssi." Jinri also greeted them. 

"Wow, both of you practiced until this late?" Jinki commented, looking at his watch. 

"It's my fault." Victoria smiled guiltily, "That's why I want to hand over Jinri to Minho-ssi by myself. Where is him? Still inside?" 

"Ne, with Nichkhun." Jinki said laughing, followed by Taemin.

"Eh? Is Khun Oppa's badminton practice also this late?" Jinri said, confused. The practice session was not usually this late if it's not for tomorrow's match. 

"Minho is accompanying him for being heartbroken." Jinki continued laughing, "You must have known, Vic-ssi." 

"Again?" Victoria rolled her eyes. "What happened this time? Taeyeon has gone home as soon as the practice was over though. Is he okay then?" 

"Stop spreading rumours, Hyung! Noona, don't listen to them. I'm alright." 

All heads turned to Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul who walked out from the male changing room with Minho who was suppressing his smile. Nichkhun smiled while shaking his head and approached them. Nichkhun and Minho bowed and greeted them all. 

"It seemed you really are alright." Victoria said looking at Nichkhun, "I thought you have gone home. Didn't you say you want to accompany her home?" Victoria was not close with the other boys, but surprisingly was very close with Nichkhun. Every time Nichkhun wanted to court the girl he developed crush on, mostly the cheerleader members, Victoria always encouraged and supported him, although he always failed and lost to Taemin or Minho. 

Nichkhun scratched her neck while the other boys laughed at him. "He was rejected, Taeyeon-ssi went home with Hyun Hyung." 

"Aigo, poor Khun." Victoria patted Nichkhun back, "I'm sorry, I don't know Hyun Oppa is also going for Taeyeon." 

"Baekhyun Oppa?" Jinri exclaimed and looked at Victoria, "I thought he's after you, Unnie?" 

Victoria shrugged, "Just let him be. But, are you really alright, Khun-ah?" 

"It's not your fault, Noona. You must have not known. I'm more than alright." Nichkhun smiled, "Yes, I'm upset, but not broken heart. Aish, you always spread those rumours, Hyung! By the way, why are both of you still here? Didn't the practice long over? Jinri I could understand, you must be waiting for Minho. How about you, Noona?" 

"We practiced again together for our part." Victoria explained, "I lost track of time and forgot Jinri was with me. Luckily Minho-ssi was also having practice this late, so you can take her home. She's too cute and innocent, and would likely to be the target of the scoundrels." 

"Unnie..." Jinri pouted, "Why did it sound as if I was so helpless and couldn't do anything on my own?" 

"That's not my point, Jinri-ah." Victoria laughed at her cuteness, "It's because you are very cute. Minho-ssi, take care of our princess here. Then, I'll get going now." 

"Wait, Khun Oppa's house and Unnie's are quite near." Jinri suddenly said, trying to hide her mischievous smile, "Can you accompany Unnie back home, Oppa? Unnie always got lost of time when dancing. She stayed late at school after practicing and went home alone. It also worries me a lot. I was thinking of asking Minho Oppa to also accompany Unnie home just now. Luckily, you are also here, Oppa. Can you? Pretty please?" 

"Aish, don't bother, Khun." Victoria raised her eyebrow, still confused with Jinri's sudden attutide. She didn't say anything in the locker room before. "I'm used to it already." 

"No, I insist!" Jinri pulled Victoria who was going to go, made the beautiful girl more confused, "You have also ever encountered those scoundrels. You are very beautiful and they would also disturb you." 

"I agree with Jinri-ssi." Taemin suddenly said, "It's still dangerous for you to walk alone." 

"Ne, Vic-ssi, you are a girl after all." Jinki nodded. 

"No worry, Victoria Noona." Minho pulled Nichkhun, "He always annoyed you with his failed love life. He MUST take you home to payback." 

"What do you mean by failed love life?" Nichkhun groaned irritated, giving a smack to Minho's arm, "Arrasseo, arrasseo. Without them telling me, I'll be sure taking you home, Noona. Besides, it's not a gentleman to let a beautiful woman walk alone this late." 

Suddenly Victoria's cheek blushed hearing those words from this handsome boy. Well, actually Nichkhun was also popular, but unlucky for him, he always met girl that liked Taemin or Minho more. They walked together through the school gate and parted way according to their house's direction which the others were really the opposite of Nichkhun and Victoria's house. 

Minho and Jinri was walking together after parted ways with Jinki. Taemin had long gone quick before they even could ask him. 

Jinri POV 

Wew, that was quite close. I knew Vic Unnie has feeling for Khun Oppa although she didn't really admit it. Vic Unnie never said anything but she didn't realize that she always talked about Khun Oppa, and her face when talking was very happy and beautiful. I really hoped Khun Oppa would some day realize Unnie's charm and beauty. 

It's true Khun Oppa easily developed crush on pretty girl, but it always stopped there, never developed into love I guess. Minho Oppa also said the same. Khun Oppa was also very popular with girls, and I believed many girls actually liked him. Only once Khun Oppa developed his feeling into liking, well still not sure about love, to Tiffany, one of our cheers members. They had ever started a relationship, but only lasted about a month. I didn't know the reason of the break up because not long after that Tiffany was having a relationship with Kyuhyun Oppa. 

Everytime Khun Oppa wanted to approach a girl he developed a crush on, or after failed approaching, Vic Unnie was the first person, even defeating Minho Oppa as his best friend, he would seek. Khun Oppa said that he needed an honest opinion from a girl, not a boy, for this kind of thing. That's why Minho Oppa always became the second. I thought maybe, but still maybe and also maybe wrong, Khun Oppa also had feeling for Vic Unnie? Who knew. 

"You are very obvious, you know." Minho Oppa chuckled. "How can you suddenly think of that?" 

"I don't know." I smiled in satisfaction, "The thought just crossed my mind and urged me to do it. So, what do you think? Can they develop their feeling into something more? Like or even love?" 

He shrugged, "Not sure. Hyung had never really fallen in love, although with Tiffany-ssi, I guess. He thought that it was love, but when they broke up, he didn't seem that desperate. Well, I only knew back then that Victoria Noona always helped him when that happened. Maybe, like you said, Hyung hadn't realized that Noona's existence had become essential in his life." 

"They are very suitable for each other." I said again while nodding my head agreeing my sentence. 

"Why should we talk about them, anyway?" I could feel Minho Oppa glance on me, maybe to check my reaction, "How about us? Like Taemin said?" 

"Oppa, you knew my answer and my reason already." I turned my head, not wanting Oppa seeing me. I tried my best to suppress my sadness. It's not that I didn't like Minho Oppa. Actually, I admitted, I loved him, and I also knew Oppa loved me. But, I really couldn't be together with Oppa. We were very different. I only could act as his best friend. Really I was so envious of Amber Unnie and Kibum Oppa. 

"Arrasseo, I won't talk about it until you changed your mind. But, I can ask you one thing, right? Do you know Jong Hyung like you?" 

I turned my head immediately looking at him. Did he mean Jonghyun Oppa? I furrowed for a while. Jonghyun Oppa liked me? From where did Minho Oppa get this idea. Seeing my face, Minho Oppa chuckled, "You are really still clueless. You really can't tell someone is so into you unless that person tells you, huh?" 

"Mwoh??" I was really shocked. 

Minho Oppa laughed at my reaction. Aish, he's playing with me. "Stop teasing me, Oppa." 

"I'm dead serious, Jinri-ah." Minho Oppa suddenly became tense, "I'm really afraid you accept one of them, leaving me. Sometimes I don't want to just be a best friend. I said that I tried to understand your decision, but sometimes I felt it hard when I know both our feeling." 

"Oppa..." I thought for a while what I should say. My mind was all blank, couldn't think anything what to answer him. Minho Oppa was looking at me, with painful expression. It hurt me to see him like that though. What should I say? Ottoke... 

"Biyane, Jinri-ah." Minho Oppa suddenly smiled, made me feel more guilty, "I lost myself. Don't worry, I won't push you. But, promise me one thing, be honest to your feeling. Tell me your real story and reason of your decision when you are ready." 

"Ne, Oppa." I nodded, "I won't accept any other boy. It's true, I can't tell you my reason now, but I can guarantee you that my feeling for you have not changed. Please, don't ignore or avoid me again..." My eyes stareds to be filled with tear, remembering that day Oppa ignored me for almost a week after Oppa confessed to me and I rejected him wanting to stay best friend with him. 

"Ne, ne, I won't. Biyane, Jinri, I didn't mean to hurt you that time. Please forgive me." I could feel Minho Oppa put his hand around my shoulder, and suddenly I felt safe. Komawoyo Oppa, and Biyaneyo... I really wanted to tell you the truth, but I couldn't. I didn't want to put you into danger. 

Jinri POV ended 


All the basketball team members were all gathering on the field doing warming up. All the cheerleaders team were also preparing the set and once again reviewed their moves. The members from Springfield school had not arrived, yet all the student council members stood by and prepared the welcome of them which made Taecyeon and Suzy in charge because both Taemin and Jinri were participating.  

Taemin turned his head towards Amber and Kibum standing place. He closed his eyes for a while recalling his conversation with Soojung. 

FLASBACK 

"It's about the girl names Amber." Soojung said while adjusting her head on Taemin's chest in a more comfortable position, "You know she has a boyfriend who happens to be Jinri's brother. I met them in the park that day when strolling around." 

"Uh-huh. They did say so." Taemin who was embracing and caressing Soojung nodded, "What do you learn, Wife? I know not much about her boyfriend." 

"I overheard their conversation. Her boyfriend's name is Kim Kibum, an owner of a fashion designer company. You can't believe what his company name is. It's Sigma Corp." 

Taemin eyes got widened. "So, you mean...?" 

"Yes, I had my suspicion since I saw what they did, so I went looking information about him, and secretly visited his company. Not too big, but yes very promising." 

"What did they do?" 

"They, no I mean Kibum..." 

FLASHBACK Ended

Taemin heard almost all the people there were somehow being hysterical. Soon he knew that all the members of Springfield and their supporters had come. Taecyeon, Suzy and some of the council body members greeted them and escorted them to the field. 

"That girl is so beautiful! It would be perfect if she became my girlfriend." 

"Stop dreaming! Look how the guys behind her trailing and bodyguarding her. You have no chance. Eitherway, I also hope I have a chance." 

"Aw, she's so beautiful. Really hope I can have only 10% of her beauty." 

Taemin smirked hearing those conversation, and felt proud looking at Soojung walking towards the field with her friends. Soojung didn't pay any attention to them, only walked with cold face expression. Once her eyes met Taemin's, she smiled secretly. She scanned around and eventually saw Amber and Kibum who were talking. 

Knowing where her eyes went, Taemin nodded in agreement and diverted his attention to his team and Springfield team. You handle it, Wife, but don't overboard. Take care. Taemin said inside his mind. 

Before the match, the cheerleader team ran towards the field and built a formation. When the music started, they quickly moved around, danced and jumped according to the choreography and formation they had already learned. When seeing how lean Victoria's body, all of them suddenly gasped in awe. They were also amazed at how beautiful and graceful of Jinri's ballet dance, plus the accuracy of Victoria's salto dance. When the human pyramid finished with a little jump, the performance ended with such a big applaus. Soon, all the cheerleader members ran towards the locker changing room. 

The match then started. Both teams played their best. Jinki, Taemin and Minho really gave their all into the match. Everyone could see the fiery eyes of the members for victory. Jonghyun didn't join because he hurt himself when practicing two days ago which made the others mad. 

Soojung rolled her eyes for a while and excused herself to the toilet. Minho on the other hand seemed unable to focus while his eyes were searching for Jinri. Amber and Kibum became frustrated and tried to call Jinri to be quick, because they knew Jinri's existence gave quite a big impact on him. 

After almost fifteen minutes since the match began and Jinri had not come yet, Amber and Kibum started to worry. All the other cheerleader members had already been there. Fortunately, Nichkhun and Victoria also stood not far from them. 

"Victoria Unnie, do you know where Jinri go?" Amber asked. 

"Has she not arrived?" Victoria looked around for a while, "I saw her talking with some of the girls when I left the locker room. But, the girls are already standing there." 

"Aish, what's that girl doing." Amber said rolling her eyes. 

"You'd better look for her, Amber, Kim Kibum-ssi, you know how sulked Minho will be if she's not here. I really don't want to handle another sulking Minho." Nichkhun laughed. 

They laughed and nodded, then went towards the locker changing room. Amber went inside and found it was empty. What made her furrowed was her bag was still there on the floor, including her phone and wallet which she never left. 

"I got a bad feeling, Oppa." Amber said after coming out, and told Kibum what she saw. Kibum closed his eyes for a while. "Empty inside?" 

Amber's eyes got widened, "Don't tell me you are doing that?" 

"I got no choice. It's the quickest." After checking no one's around, Kibum went inside the locker room. Amber stood by the door looking around. Suddenly a bark was heard inside the room. Not long after, Kibum came out, "She was here with, three guys, no four guys. I'll follow the direction of the smell. Kaja." 

Kibum ran followed by Amber to the sports storeroom behind the building. Kibum broke in the door, only to see Jinri being held by two men while one man was grabbing the struggling Jonghyun's neck. Suddenly Jonghyun closed his eyes and the man released his grab letting Jonghyun laid down unconscious. 

"What a fine taste. Young man is the best." The man, with a crack and strange voice then looked at Jinri who was shivering with fear. "Young woman is also delicious." 

STOP!!! The man turned his head to see Kibum running towards him who suddenly turning into a WOLF??? 


Author's Note: 

Sorry for the short updates. I kind of busy this month, but I tried to update as soon as possible.