The Uprising

The Last Sigmas

"Going there will be suicide. The enemies are everywhere." 

"Father, I need and I must go!" Jongin said frustrated while closing his eyes. 

Geunsuk and Shinhye looked at their son, hesitated while suddenly Taemin and Soojung rushed over to the room they were in. Both of them looked tense. Panic and worry could also be seen from their faces. 

"My father has already gone to the castle as the leader of Dreamer Tribe." Taemin said looking at Geunsuk, "All the other leaders were also being summoned. Those rebels were coming here and I received news that all the Creation Tribe had been captured and annihilated excludes its leader at the castle, Shape Shifter, Semi and Wizard Tribe are fighting hard but from the looks of it defeat is only the matter of time, Healer Tribe is spreaded to every area protected by some of Elemental Tribe." 

"Yes, I also have words with my father. As you said, he is in the castle already. How about Ghost and Necromancy Tribe?" asked Shinhye as the daughter of Wizard Tribe's leader. 

Nobody answered that question. Taemin, Soojung and Geunsuk looked away while Jongin looked angry. 

"Those rebels are mostly the warriors from those tribes." said Geunsuk looked sad, "Other people in their tribes who didn't want to join forces with them were all captured and murdered already in the first place. Those who died in the battle were ressurected and controlled to attack us. That's why many tribes are falling. The leader of Necromancy and Ghost Tribe are already in the castle while still investigating who the leader of those rebels is to stop them." 

"You mean, what we are fighting now is usually our front line guard?" Shinhye gasped, followed by a nod from her husband as a vice leader of Dreamer Tribe who usually had vision of what happened surrounding. 

"Enough, Father!" Jongin exclaimed. "I'm going to the castle no matter what. I want to protect my fiancee. Hyoyeon needs me!" 

"Very well." Geunsuk sighed, "Take care of yourself and Her Highness." 

Jongin nodded and hugged both his parents. Taemin looked at his best friend who was also Soojung's twin brother and then they hugged each other, "Take care of my sister. I entrusted her to you." said Jongin. 

"I shall, she is my WIFE, if you have forgotten." Taemin smiled although felt irritated, which made Jongin laugh. Taemin understood very well Jongin's feeling to protect the most important person in his life, Princess Hyoyeon. He also would do anything for Soojung's safety. 

"Jongin..." Soojung called her twin with watery eyes. Although Soojung seemed cold and curt outside, everybody knew she was very caring and kind inside. Jongin hugged her, "I love you, Soojung. Be a good wife to Taemin, okay." 

Jongin bid them farewell and flew off outside the house as quick as possible. Dreamer Tribe was the only tribe who could fly without any means or tools even with high speed which sometimes made them invicible. Both Taemin and Soojung who also had vision ability, as it was one of Dreamer Tribe ability, knew they might not see Jongin again. Taemin embraced Soojung and rubbed her shoulder. 

As Jongin was out of their sight, they heard an explosion near their house. Two guards of Dreamer Tribe rushed into the house to inform Geunsuk that those rebels with hundreds of Ghoul, Zombie and Ghost had broken through their defense. They all looked at each other and nodded. Soon they flew outside to help the citizens and the warriors. 

The sight was really unbearable. Many Ghouls, Zombies and Ghosts were slaying and killing the citizens without any fear or doubt because they were already dead and had no feeling anymore. Really it's the best killing machine to be made. Scream and cry in horror was heard in every corner of the area. Geunsuk and his family along with their warriors tried their best to save the citizens but they all knew they were outnumbered as some of the dead were raised and became the enemy's reinforcement. More and more citizens were captured and murdered, making them be desperate and feel useless. 

Geunsuk couldn't believe himself of what he was seeing. Some Zombies in front of him were trying to attack him. Yet, what made him cry was he knew who they were. They were his fellow vice leader from other tribes... 


Geunsuk, Shinhye, Taemin and Soojung were resting unto the trees panting to catch their breath. They decided to run away to Forbidden Forest which was usually prohibited for trespassing. They got no choice to hide there for a moment for they were all running out of energy fighting those Zombies, Ghouls and Ghosts which were gradually increasing.

They tried to fight those rebels but their attack was always blocked by hundreds or maybe thousands of those undead creatures. To finish off those creatures, Holy Light was the best skill, but it used more energy than other skill. To make it worse, only Royal Family and leaders and vice leaders of every tribe's bloodline who were usually called as true Sigma could use that skill. Geunsuk had thought hard trying to find solution, but he failed. Most of his fellow vice leader had fallen. They were also true Sigmas who could finish off the creatures, but they were already dead and even were being resurrected as Zombies. 

Geunsuk looked at his wife in his embrace who looked very sad, miserable and desperate because they just witnessed her brother's corpse who was being consumed by those Ghouls. Not all of the dead were being arisen as they were also became the meals of those creatures. Geunsuk shook his head as that scene kept appearing in his mind, and he believed his wife also felt the same, and even more horrible. 

He then looked at his cold and tough daughter. Soojung, being embraced by Taemin who sat leaning on a tree, was resting her head on Taemin's neck exhausted. Fear, desperate, sadness and agony could be seen through her beautiful eyes. It made him hurt to see her like that. Taemin was also seen exhausted, sad and hurt, but Geunsuk could also see his son in law's determination and vigilance to protect Soojung. 

They heard a deep roar quite afar from their position, but they knew those creatures were coming for them. Soon they stood up in aware position and looked around. Their energy had not been rejuvenated and would eventually be lost if they really needed to fight. Geunsuk looked around for a while, and at last made up his mind. He would do anything to protect his family, whatever the consequences were. Geunsuk signalled them to follow him. 

They flew quietly deep into the forest. The others were confused with Geunsuk's command but decided to say nothing for they were too tired already. They could hear some footsteps behind them, although quite faraway. In no time, they arrived at the front of a big cave with some wood ornaments looking like a door. 

"Father, do you mean to...?" Taemin asked looking at the cave, started to realize what the intention of his father in law was. 

"Yes, it's the only way." said Geunsuk looking at his speechless family in front of him, "I know this is very coward, as a vice leader, who only thought of my own family. But, I have no choice. We will lose if we fight. We need to escape. Please believe me. This is urgent matter, being punished is not more dreadful than losing to those creatures." 

"Very well." Three of them said. 

"Taemin, please do me a favor, take care of Soojung and your mother in law." Geunsuk put his hands on dumbfounded Taemin's shoulder, "I shall join you with Jongin, your parents and the others. If somehow the condition here has been more settled, we shall summon you back, and I believe you also can find your way back here. You know we can't lose another True Sigma anymore." 

"No, you can't leave me!" Shinhye exclaimed hysterically, "I shall stay with you, let only both of them go through the Gate Dimension." 

"No, listen to me." Geunsuk held both Shinhye's arm made her look at his eyes, "You are already on your limit. I don't want to see your pain witnessing other people we knew and loved being annihilated. Trust me, wife. I love you very much, it hurts me seeing you that way." 

Shinhye started to cry and nodded at last, "Promise me to be alive and we can be reunited again." 

Geunsuk gave a peck on his wife's lip and once again turned to Taemin and Soojung whose eyes were also beginning to cry. "Taemin, I believe you can and you will." 

"Father, leave it to me." Taemin seemed hesitated for a while, "Please promise me to be safe and stay alive until we come back here or you all join us there." 

Geunsuk hugged Taemin, and then Soojung who was in her sob already, "Don't cry, my daughter. Taemin will never leave your side. You two must trust each other and that way will strengthen your power and bond. Take care, Soojung. I love you."  

After releasing his hug, Gensuk signalled Taemin to take both Soojung and Shinhye inside the cave which was already opened by Geunsuk. Taemin looked at Geunsuk and nodded. He embraced Soojung with his right hand tightly and Shinhye with his left hand. Soon after Taemin flew with high speed with Soojung and Shinhye into the cave, the gate was slowly closed. Shinhye looked her husband behind until the gate was closed already. 

"I'm sorry, wife, Taemin, Soojung..." Geunsuk said starting to cry, "Taemin, Soojung, you must have known what happened. The existence of the Sigmas in the castle were not sensed anymore even before we entered the forest. I need to find out what happened and help them. Please be safe and live well there." Geunsuk closed his eyes and put his hand at the gate. Suddenly the gate vanished and turned into stone. 

Meanwhile, Taemin who was still flying embracing Soojung and Shinhye knew what his father in law had done. His eyes started to be filled with tear. Soojung on the other hand had already cried silently while hugging Taemin tightly. Shinhye noticed the tense body of Taemin and starting to feel something wrong. She looked back. 

"Stop, Taemin, stop!" screamed Shinhye, but Taemin did not listen and still flew with high speed towards the light in front of them. 

"Father... has sealed away and freezed the gate." Taemin said. 

"No!!!" Shinhye cried hard, "Husband!!! Geunsuk!!!!" 

Shinhye tried to pull away from Taemin's embrace to fly back to the gate's mouth. However, they were already going near the light. Without their conscience, they were into the light. Somehow, Shinhye was able to get away from Taemin but also was unable to pull back as she was also in following Taemin and Soojung. 

HUSBAND!!! Shinhye's scream resounded from the light until it suddenly vanished. 


Author's Note:

At last, chapter one finished. Thank you very much for those who subscribed my story. I was surprised yet happy, and looked forward to your comment and advice. Positive critics are also welcome for it can make me better. Hopefully this chapter was not boring. I will update the second chapter soon.

@MiracleMinsul & blueyes143, sure, I will soon update and make the appearance of Minsul. Maybe next chapter.

 @deviljazpreet, ah my mistake. I forgot to write that both parents of Amber and Sulli of course together with Key were best friend and were neighbors. They grew up together. Thank you for your comment.