Chapter 9

Running...

Young Jae’s POV

 

“Now that I think about it, there is.” Hye Jin says, looking at me. I nod at her, urging her to continue. She takes a breath. “Transformers.” 

I stare at her for what feels like forever. Does she mean…? She continues to look at me. 

“Transformers? The movie?” JB asks. 

“The toy?” Jr asks. 

“Really?” I manage to say and she nods, blushing slightly. I feel a smile tugging at my lips. I can’t hold it in anymore, I jump up from my seat and yell. “YES! WOOOOHOOOOO!!” 

Everybody jumps at my reaction and stares at me like I’m crazy. I run a lap around the table and then stop to turn back and look down at Hye Jin before taking her face in my hands and leaning down to kiss her, in front of everybody. 

“Whoa, whoa, whoa!” Jr says, as I pull away. He takes Tae Jin out of Hye Jin’s lap and covers his eyes. “Not in front of the child.” 

I glance at Tae Jin. “Sorry, Tae.”

“It’s about time.” he says, rolling his eyes. We all turn to stare at Tae Jin before bursting out into laughter. 

“So, Young Jae. Do you care to explain the situation?” Jackson asks, standing up with his hands on his hips. 

“Uhh…” I rub the back of my neck, chuckling awkwardly. I glance at Hye Jin. 

“Weeks ago Young Jae asked me to be his girlfriend.” Hye Jin says and I stare at her. “Because of some reasons I wasn’t able to accept him straight away but he gave me a code word to say when I was ready to.” 

“And that code word was Transformers?” Mark asks. Hye Jin nods. I close my eyes, waiting for the onslaught of criticisms from my friends. 

“That is a little lame Young Jae, but we’re happy for you. Like Tae said, It’s about time.” JB says. He turns to Tae Jin who is still in Jr’s arms. “Looks like he’s not mine or yours now.” 

“He’s still mine.” Tae Jin says, glaring at JB. We laugh as JB sighs. 

“I don’t think we’ll ever get along.” he says, putting his hands up in surrender. 

I put my arm around Hye Jin and pull her closer, smiling down at her. We all settle down in front of the TV for a movie (yes, we’re going to watch Transformers). Hye Jin is nestled beside me with my arm around her while the others spread out on the floor and a few of the other chairs. Mark is on the other side of Hye Jin with Tae Jin in his lap. 

A few minutes into the movie Hye Jin gets a text. She shows it to me.

 

From: Appa.

Hye Jin-ah. Your mother and I will be home tomorrow afternoon. Look after Tae, your friends can sleep over if they want since it’s a weekend tomorrow. Love you.

I open my eyes wide. Really? He knows we’re all guys and he’s going to let us sleep over? Her Dad must be really cool. 

I lean down to whisper in Hye Jin’s ear. “Do you want me to sleep over?” I pull away and look at her. She shrugs. 

“Up to you.” she says, just loud enough for me to hear. I’m in the middle of thinking about it when the doorbell rings. 

“Who could that be?” Hye Jin asks no one in particular. 

“Your parents?” Jr asks. Hye Jin shakes her head.

“Nah, they aren’t coming home tonight.” she says. I follow her to the door when she goes to open it, standing a fair distance away and leaning on the doorway that leads to the kitchen. She opens the door and when I realise who it is I quickly stand up straight. I know the guys have their eyes on me when I do. I tense and my hands turn into fists. I hear the guys get up behind me as I stalk over to the door and pull Hye Jin behind me. 

“What are you doing here?” I ask. 

“I just want to give Jin-Jin her birthday present.” Hyun Woo says, with an ugly smirk on his face. I snatch the bouquet of flowers he’s holding from him. 

“If that’s all I think you should leave now.” I say. I see his eyes flicker to the others behind me and he scoffs. 

“Really Jin-Jin? Did you seduce them all with your sob story to try and get me to leave you alone?” I’m about to step forward when Hye Jin’s hand on my arm stops me. Instead Hyun Woo steps forward and leans down so that he’s eye-level with Hye Jin. I instinctively step to the side, covering her as much as I can from him. “You can never get rid of me Kim Hye Jin. Don’t forget that you’re mine and only mine.” 

That’s it. I grab him by his collar and pull him up so that my face is inches away from his. 

“Yah, Choi Young Jae!” I hear JB call from behind me. 

“If you come anywhere near her, I swear to god I will hunt you down and beat you until you have no memory of Hye Jin whatsoever.” I say through gritted teeth. Hyun Woo doesn’t waver and just chuckles. 

“Interesting.” he says, smirking again. I feel Hye Jin grip my arm. 

“Jae, let’s go inside. Please?” I turn to look at her and she’s looking at me with pleading eyes. 

“Let go of me, Hye Jin-ah.” I say and she does as she’s told. I push my arms forward as I let go of Hyun Woo, making him stumble to the floor. “I don’t ever want to see your face around my girl again, do you understand me?”

I turn around, pushing Hye Jin in gently before shutting the door with Hyun Woo still on the ground. 

“What the hell was that all about?” Jackson asks. I look at the guys behind Hye Jin as I pull her in for a hug. Everyone is there except for Mark, who I’m guessing stayed away for Tae Jin’s sake. I glance at them and shake my head, silently telling them I will let them know later. 

They all go back to the living room, leaving Hye Jin and I alone. I pull away from her and lean down to look at her. 

“You okay?” I ask and she nods. She looks at my hand and I realise I’m still holding the bouquet of flowers Hyun Woo had. I notice there’s a card so I take it and open it. Inside there is a card and a polaroid photo. 

 

Happy birthday Jin-Jin. We don’t want your boyfriend finding out about this now do we? 

 

I look at the polaroid photo and it’s a picture of Hye Jin sleeping on her stomach in bed, . Hyun Woo is hovering over her back as he takes the picture. Hye Jin looks over my shoulder at the photo and she gasps. I scrunch up the photo in my hand and throw the bouquet of flowers to the floor, watching as the petals fly across the floor. 

“Jae!” I hear Hye Jin call my name but I can only see red right now. I pick up the flowers again and throw it down again before stomping on it several times. At this time Jr comes up to me and wraps his arms around me effectively stopping me from further venting out my anger. Hye Jin is in tears now but I’m still too furious to care. Jr grabs my face in his hands and makes me look him the eyes. 

“Young Jae-ah.” he calls soothingly, motherly. “Young Jae-ah, look at me buddy. Look at me.” I look at him and he’s smiling. I could so punch this hyung in the face right now. “Calm down Young Jae-ah. It’s okay. Everything is okay. Breathe.”

I stare at him for a minute before I start to mirror his breathing motions. 

“That’s better. Breathe in. Breathe out. Settle.” he says, calmly. After a few more breaths I’ve calmed down enough to realise that Hye Jin is crying behind me. “Deal with your girl.” Jr says before tapping me on the shoulder and turning around to go back to the living room. I hear the guys murmuring, no doubt about me. 

I turn around to Hye Jin and sigh. I pull her into a hug again and her hair. 

“I’m sorry, Jin-nie. I just snapped.” I say to her, kissing the top of her head. I feel her grip my shirt and her tears soak through to my chest. 

“You don’t have to be here if you don’t want to be.” she says through her sobs. 

“Shh, what are you talking about? Where else would I be?” I say, still her hair. “I’m sorry if I scared you, baby. I just hate the fact that jerk’s still hanging around. I thought we were through with him already.” 

“I’m sorry, Jae. I thought because I hadn’t seen him in a while that I was ready to accept you. But he’s still here an-“ I cut her off by pulling away and crashing my lips onto hers. I pull away and lean my forehead on hers. 

“Don’t say that you’re taking it back. I’m not letting you go. It doesn’t matter if you accepted me when he was around or not. I’m still going to protect you from him. I just made you mine Jin-nie, I’m not letting you go already.” I tell her. She looks up at me, tears still falling down her face. I wipe them away with my thumbs and kiss her again. “Stop crying now. We need to get back to our movie.”

She smiles a bit at that and I wink at her. I push her hair out her face and kiss her once on the forehead before taking her hand and pulling her to the living room. She stops before we sit down and goes to walk back the other way when I tug on her hand. 

“I should clean up the mess at the front.” she says when I give her a questioning look. Ah, right. 

“I’ll do it. Just show me where the dustpan is.” I say. She shakes her head. 

“It’s okay. Maybe you should explain to the guys what just happened.” She looks at Tae Jin who is asleep. She sighs before walking over to Mark. “I’ll put him in bed. It’s probably better he doesn’t see me like this anyways.” 

She takes Tae Jin out of Mark’s lap and walks into the bedroom, closing the door behind her. I drop onto the couch and pinch the bridge of my nose. When I open my eyes again there are 6 pairs of eyes close to me and I almost jump off the couch. 

“Geez. Impatient much?” I ask. they all nod. 

“What the hell was that?” Mark asks. 

“That was her ex.” I say. Bam Bam and Yu Gyeom gasp, covering their mouths. “He’s been pretty much stalking her since they broke up.”

“Is that why Noona transferred to our school?” Yu Gyeom asks. I nod. 

“Damn.” Jackson says. Shortly after Hye Jin comes out and she goes into the kitchen to grab a dustpan and clears up the flower petals at the front. We all decide to focus on the movie, knowing we can talk about the finer details later, but I don’t think I want them to know anymore than that. I use the time to take out my phone and text my Mum, telling her I won’t be coming home tonight. Believe it or not, she trusts me enough to let me sleep over at Hye Jin’s house without doing anything stupid.  

Hye Jin returns with a tray filled with little plates and cake. She puts the tray down on the coffee table and hands out the plates, giving us one each. 

“Have some ice cream cake. My parents bought it and I almost forgot about it.” she says, smiling. Her eyes are still a little swollen from crying earlier but we all take one and thank her as we start to eat. She goes back into the kitchen with the tray and comes back to sit beside me with her own slice. We all eat in silence while the movie finishes up. Once it’s done Jr goes to collect the plates from us but Hye Jin takes them from him. 

“It’s okay, I’ll do it.” she says. 

“But you’ve done so much already. The least we can do is the dishes.” Jr hyung says.

“Nope. You guys are guests. Guests don’t do dishes.” she says, walking away before anyone else can argue with her. 

She drops the plates in the sink and comes back out to the living room. 

“We better get going then. Thanks for inviting us over.” Mark says. “Oh and happy birthday again.” 

“Thank you. Thanks for coming too and sorry about the drama.” she says, chuckling. 

“That wasn’t your fault. But what’s a birthday without some drama huh?” JB says, ruffling her hair. 

They all say their goodbyes and I let them know I’m hanging behind. I don’t tell them I’m staying the night. I just tell them I’ll leave a little later.

 

A/N: I had a bit of time so I decided to post up this chapter in case I don't get time tonight. Firstly, I'm sorry for the drama :( But I just had to. Fear not there will still be fluff and I'm going to try include the other guys in it as much as I can. Can you imagine Young Jae angry? I think it would be both scary and hot to see him mad. He should go be in a drama or something so we can see that. :P 

And secondly... DID YOU GUYS SEE THEIR 'RAIN' STAGE?! Oh my dear I could not breathe when I watched it. I don't usually react to stages when I watch them the first time but the whole time I was like. "They're in suits. They're in suits. They're in suits." Okay.. that's my fangirl rant over. Hahaha 

Thanks for reading! 

xoxo