Chapter 15

Running...

Hye Jin’s POV

 

He hates me. He officially hates me. The hurt in his eyes was a dead give away. There is no way he will forgive me after this. I screwed up. Big time. Not only is Young Jae mad at me but so is Hyung Jin. After Young Jae leaves I break down again. I don’t know how many hours go by but nobody else enters my room. I fall asleep not even caring that I haven’t eaten in two days. 

 

The next time I open my eyes the sun is up again and Tae Jin is gently nudging my arm. 

“Noona, are you taking me to school today?” I rub my eyes as I try to process what he’s saying. Before I can answer him my older brother comes through the door and takes Tae Jin by the shoulders. 

“Come on, Tae. Hyung will take you to school this week.” Hyung Jin glances at me slightly while he leads Tae Jin out of my room. The next person to come into my room is my Mum. She sits down beside me and runs her fingers through my hair. 

“Hye Jin-ah, you have to eat something. I would stay home to look after you but I have to work. Will you be okay?” I nod. “You take as much time as you need okay. Your Oppa has already spoken to your teachers for you.” 

After that she gets up and leaves. I stay laying in bed, just staring at the ceiling. Eventually sleep takes over again and I find myself drifting off. 

I don’t know how many days go by where I just lay in bed. Hyung Jin and Mum have come in to force feed me a few times, but I have hardly moved on my own in the last few days. Tae Jin doesn’t come in to see me anymore and Hyung Jin tells me that he’s scared. My Dad has come in to talk to me as well but I have no idea what he said. I’m guessing a week has gone by because Hyung Jin comes into my room with a backpack on his back. I guess it’s time for him to go back to school. 

“Hye Jin, Hye Jin, Kim Hye Jin.” he says, placing his bag by my door and coming to sit beside me. “Are you going to get out of this bed anytime soon?” 

I shrug, still laying down. 

“Have you even tried talking to Young Jae again?” he asks. I shake my head.

“He hates me, Oppa.” I tell him. 

“That is most definitely not it. Where is your phone?” I shrug and he looks around, finding it on the floor by my bedside table. He presses the button but the phone doesn’t light up. He shakes his head. “Your battery is dead.”

He find the charger and plugs it in. We sit in silence for a while until the phone is willing to turn on. As soon as it loads the phone vibrates a number of times. Hyung Jin shows me the screen and there are 15 new messages. All from Young Jae. I sit up in bed and have to steady myself. Lying down for days at a time makes a girl dizzy. 

Hyung Jin ruffles my hair and places a kiss on my forehead. “I have to go now. I’ll call you okay? Oh and have a shower. You smell.” He sticks his tongue out at me as he leaves, closing the door behind him. 

I open Young Jae’s messages and read them all, one by one. 

 

Hyung said you aren’t coming to school today. 

 

Avoiding me isn’t going to do you any good, you know? 

 

Shouldn’t it be me missing school? 

 

Na Ri thinks we’ve broken up, she keeps bugging me. 

 

I saw Hyun Woo again today. 

 

I saw Tae Jin today after school. He’s scared of you now. Is that what you want? 

 

Get out of bed today. 

 

We have to work on our English assignment. 

 

I take it you aren’t coming here either? You could have let me know, Mark hyung and Jackson were waiting for you. 

 

I’m getting sick of this Jinnie. 

 

You’re making this my fault, do you know that? 

 

Okay. I admit it. This is all my fault. Can you come to school, please? 

 

Jinnie-ah…

 

I’m sorry… 

 

I want to see you…

 

By the time I read the last message I’m crying again. How do I even have enough tears for this? I get up out of bed and run into the bathroom. I have a nice hot shower, cleaning myself and clearing my mind while I’m at it. I need to see him. This isn’t his fault. Not at all. I’ve been too busy moping about that I didn’t think of Young Jae… again. I’m so selfish. I have to go and win him back. 

After having a shower and getting dressed I go to see Tae Jin who is laying on his stomach on his bedroom floor colouring in some pictures with his legs swinging back and forth in the air. 

“Tae?” he looks up and his face lights up at the sight of me. 

“Noona!” he hops up and runs over to me and I crouch down so that I can hug him. “Are you feeling better now?” 

I nod. “Much better. Noona is sorry she hasn’t been playing with you for the last week.” 

“It’s okay. Young Jae hyung said you were upset about something and you just needed time and that I need to be patient.” He did? I ruffle his hair and kiss him on the cheek. 

“I’m going to go see Young Jae hyung now. You stay with Umma okay?” he nods and turns back to his colouring books. I let my mum know where I’m going and then leave the house. 

I walk as fast as I can to Young Jae’s house and I press the doorbell, out of breath. Spending a week in bed makes a person super unfit. I hope I look okay. I’m straightening out my clothes when the door opens and I come face to face with a tired looking Young Jae. 

“H-Hi.” I say, lifting my hand in a greeting. Young Jae doesn’t say anything and just stares at me. “Can I c-come in?” 

He steps aside and I walk into the house. I look around the living room and kitchen for his parents but it seems they aren’t home. I look at Young Jae and he just turns around and walks up the stairs. I assume I’m meant to follow him so I do and he goes into his bedroom, closing the door after me. 

I sit on his desk chair and he sits on his bed, not looking at me. I don’t know what to say first so I sit and twiddle my thumbs hoping he will say something first. When he does I can hear my heart shattering. 

“If you’ve come to break up with me can you hurry it up please?” 

I stare, wide-eyed at Young Jae, not believing the words that just came out of his mouth. 

“Jae…”

“Don’t call me that.” he spits.

I can feel tears prickling at my eyes but I refuse to let them fall. He’s still mad at what happened and I don’t blame him. I go to stand up but he stops me. 

“Don’t come near me right now.” I sit back down and look at him for a bit. He looks tired. His dark circles have gotten bigger and he looks almost as bad as me. 

“Do you hate me?” I ask him quietly. He turns to glare at me. 

“Shouldn’t I be asking you that?” he counters and I flinch. 

“If you hate me I’ll leave now and you won’t have to deal with me again.” I say, hoping desperately he won’t let me go. But he doesn’t say anything.

After what feels like forever I stand up. I take a deep breath to calm my emotions and make sure that I won’t cry until I’ve gotten home as I turn towards his bedroom door. I take a few steps and am almost of the room when he finally says something. 

“Stay.” I let out a relieved sigh and turn around. He is staring at a spot on his bed as if it’s the most interesting thing in the world. 

“Jae…” he looks up at me and I can see tears forming at the edge of his eyes. 

“Stay. Please.” he breathes and I slowly go over to him. When I’m at the edge of the bed he pulls on my wrist, effectively twisting me so that I’m on my back and he is leaning over me. He caresses my cheek a few times as we stare at each other. I see his eyes go over my features and his gaze lands on my lips. He slightly bites his bottom lip before leaning in to place a soft kiss on mine. I missed this feeling. I missed the fluttering in my chest that he causes from being next to me. He pulls away and we stare at each other a bit more. 

“Jae, I’m sorry. I promise I won’t do anything without telling you first.” he just nods as he continues to run his fingers along the side of my face. “I missed you.” 

He leans down to wrap his arms around me burying his face in my neck. 

“I missed you too, baby. I’m sorry I got mad at you.” I shake my head. 

“It’s okay. You’re allowed to be angry at me. I deserve that.” He pulls away from me and studies my features again. He runs his fingers down my face and to my neck. He outlines my collar bones and shoulders before running his hand down my arm, coming back up to caress my hips. 

“You lost weight.” It wasn’t a question, just a statement. I shrug. “Have you been eating?” 

“A little. Today’s the first time I left my bed.” Young Jae pokes my nose and leans down to kiss my cheek. 

“Silly. You should have taken care of yourself.” He goes to get up but I quickly grasp his shirt, making him stay fairly close to me. 

“Do you- Do you forgive me?” I ask, scared to hear his answer. 

“Honestly?” he asks, and I nod. “Not completely. But I missed you too much to just ignore you. We can work this out.” 

Yeah, we can work this out. Right? 

Young Jae leaves the room and comes back with some food. He sits in front of me and we sit in silence as we eat. Once finished he takes the dishes to the kitchen while I stay seated, too scared to make a wrong move. When he comes back he sits beside me on the bed, shuffling back to lean on his headboard. He pats the space beside him and I shuffle back too. I twiddle my fingers waiting for him to break the silence. 

“I saw Hyun Woo.” I grimace at the name, but don’t say anything else. “Hye Jin-ah.” 

I turn to look at Young Jae who has turned to look at me too. He looks into my eyes as if he’s searching for something. 

“You’re not going to leave me for him are you?” I freeze. Where did this come from? What did Hyun Woo tell him that has him thinking I will leave him? I’ve been terrified that Young Jae was going to leave me and he’s been worried about me leaving him? This is twisted. I quickly shake my head. 

“Of course not. Why would you think that? I will never go back to that nutcase. Ever.” Young Jae nods and looks away. But he doesn’t seem convinced. 

“Hyung Jin hyung told me about why you went over there.” 

“He told me he would leave me alone if I accompanied him for the day. I thought I could end this whole messed up relationship I have with him. I’m such an idiot.” I let my head fall into my hands, too embarrassed to look at my boyfriend. 

“He thinks he can win you back now.” he says it quietly but I hear him. 

“Do you regret it, Jae?” I ask. He looks at me confused. 

“Regret what?”

“Asking me out. Becoming my boyfriend. Do you regret it?” There is an unbelievably long silence that drags out after I ask the question and I have to do my best not to get up and run out of the room. 

“I probably should have waited till we got Hyun Woo and Na Ri completely out of the picture first but no, I don’t regret it.” I let out a sigh of relief. I hear Young Jae chuckle and I look up at him. “I know you said you were insecure but I think I may be winning in insecurity levels right now.” 

“I’m sorry.” I say, pouting. He chuckles again. 

“I don’t know if everything will go back to normal straight away Jinnie, but I want to fix this. I’m still really mad but spending this week without you was probably one of the hardest things I’ve done. So you need to give me a bit of time, okay?” I feel tears pricking at my eyes and I force myself to stop them from falling. I nod, not meeting Young Jae’s eyes. I swing my legs off of the bed and get up. “Where are you going?” 

“I think I should go home now.” I say, keeping my voice steady and my back turned. “I’ll see you tomorrow?” 

“Can’t you just stay the night? It’s the weekend tomorrow.” I close my eyes. Is that okay? I want desperately to say yes but I worry that I might make another mistake and Young Jae will be even more mad at me. Before I can answer I feel arms wrap around my waist and Young Jae’s chin on my shoulder. “I’m scared you’ll lock yourself away again.”

“I won’t. I promise.” I say, feeling a knot in my chest as I try really hard not to cry. Young Jae’s arms just tighten around my waist.  

“Still. Stay with me.” I can’t hold it in anymore as a tear drops down my face and lands on Young Jae’s arm. He turns slightly to look at me. “Jinnie-yah.”

“I’m sorry. I can’t.” I sob. “You have no idea how much I hate myself right now. As much as I want to stay with you right now, my conscience won’t let me.” 

Young Jae turns me around to face him and uses his thumbs to wipe away the tears running down my face. 

“Then I’ll come and stay with you.” he says, smiling. I can’t help but chuckle as I shake my head. “I don’t see how you can hate someone as loveable as you. Stop beating yourself up about it, okay? Go home and rest up. I’ll come over to see you.” 

I nod as he kisses my cheek and lets me go. He stands up and takes my hand escorting me to the door. 

 

A/N: Okay, I think they can make up now. I'm updating as I go. I've decided to either write or update before I get started on my homework so hopefully I can update at least once a week like promised before. 

Please bear with me guys. :( I'm trying my best to keep this going. I have an idea for my next fic. I just need to decide which GOT7 member gets it haha But before I can worry about that I need to finish writing this one :/ 

Thanks fo reading as always. Till next time lovelies.

Much love to you all!

xoxo