Chapter 14

Running...

Young Jae’s POV

 

Jung Hyun Woo. Jung Hyun Woo. Freaking Jung Hyun Woo. 

What did Hye Jin do with him? What did he do to her that she came to me in tears? My fists clench as I make my way home. I’m so mad. Mad that Hye Jin lied to me. Mad that the house she ‘fell asleep’ in was that jerks house. Mad that when I saw her today she was in tears. Mad that I’m the insecure one in this relationship now. 

Why didn’t she tell me the truth? Is she thinking of going back to him? Is she going to leave me?

All these thoughts run through my head and I don’t even realise when I’ve reached home and have collapsed on my bed. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and I take it out to find a new message from Hye Jin. I decide against reading it and drop the phone on the bed. It goes off again. And again. And again. I pick up the phone and turn it off before throwing it onto the floor somewhere. I’ll find it later. 

 

I wake up in the middle of the night, breaking out in a sweat. I don’t know what I was dreaming about but it wasn’t pleasant. I go to get up and immediately fall back onto the bed. Why am I so tired? I feel dizzy. I reach up to touch my forehead and it seems to be warming up. I groan as make my way under the covers of my blanket and close my eyes, blocking out the world and falling back into a slumber. 

The next time I open my eyes there is a figure looming over me with a wet towel, dabbing at my face. I wait till my eyes adjust to figure out who it is and slowly Jr’s face comes into definition. 

“You finally awake now?” he says. I nod. 

“Hyung, what are you doing here?” I croak. Jr rolls his eyes and hands me a glass of water, putting an arm under my shoulders and lifting me up slightly to pour the soothing liquid down my throat. 

“I have no idea what happened the other night, but Hyung Jin hyung was furious and Hye Jin was a mess. Tae Jin is sleeping over at JB’s because he was scared of his hyung and noona. Then when I came to check on you, your mother said you were sick and here I am. I think Mark hyung and Jackson are coming soon.” I nod as I struggle to sit up, leaning against the headboard. 

“Thanks, hyung.” I say. He ruffles my hair and takes the basin of water out of the room, leaving me alone for a bit. I look around for my phone but I can’t see it. I suddenly realised that I miss Hye Jin and as mad as I am with her I just want to see her. I need to know she’s okay. We’ll probably never go back to normal after this but I still love her and I want her to be happy. Even if it means I have to hurt like a mother . Jr comes back into the room with Mark and Jackson following behind him. 

“Young Jae!” Jackson yells as he jumps on the bed, pulling me in for a hug. “Are you okay?” 

“I’m fine. Can you get off me please? I don’t want you to get sick too.” Jackson pulls away from me but remains sitting cross-legged on the bed. Mark puts a paper bag on my lap. 

“It’s porridge. Eat up.” I nod and say thank you before taking out the takeaway container and start eating. 

“Hyung, can you help me find my phone please? I dropped it somewhere last night and I can’t see it.” I say, showing them as much aegyo as I can muster. 

“Only because I like you.” Jackson says as he jumps off the bed and starts scouring the floor with the help of Mark. Jr just sits on the bed and watches me eat, making sure I’m eating enough and handing me a drink whenever he thinks I need it. They’re baby-ing me so much it’s actually a little embarrassing. 

“Got it!” Mark says, standing up at the end of the bed and handing me the phone. Jr takes it before I can and looks at me sternly. 

“Finish eating first and then you can check your phone.” I roll my eyes and continue eating. 

“Do you want to talk about what happened last night, Young Jae?” Mark asks, taking a seat on the end of the bed. I sigh. 

“What do you know?” I ask. The three of them glance at each other before shrugging. 

“Just that Hye Jin has done something to make you and Hyung Jin Hyung mad. And I mean mad. You did not see the lasers shooting out of his eyes and the steam coming out of his ears and nostrils last night.” Jackson says. I can’t help but chuckle at the image. 

“Yeah. You know how she said she was going to a friends house?” they nod. “Well, that ‘friend’ was Hyun Woo.”

Jackson gasps over-dramatically and Mark lightly slaps him in the head. 

“Are you okay?” Jr asks. I shrug. 

“I’m mad. But I miss her. Is there something wrong with me?” 

“Of course not Young Jae-ah. She’s your girlfriend, of course you miss her. Even if she did totally stab you in the heart by going to her ex when she was meant to be with you -“ Mark slaps Jackson in the head again, stopping his rant. 

“If you’re done eating, Jin Young-ah give him back his phone. Let him call her.” Mark says as he takes the now empty container away from me, throwing it into the paper bag in came in and then jumping off the bed to go throw it away. Jr hands me my phone and I press the power button, waiting for it to boot up. 

When it does it goes crazy. I find 39 messages. 38 from Hye Jin and 1 from an unknown number. 

I skim through Hye Jin’s messages and they’re filled with apologies and desperate pleas to reply to her. The unknown number is straightforward and simple. 

 

It’s Hyung Jin hyung. I think we should talk about this before you talk to Hye Jin. Give me a call.

 

I press the number and dial, holding the phone up to my ear. 

“Hey. How are you feeling?”

“Hey, hyung. I’ve been better. Do you want to come over to talk or…?” Mark comes back into the room and signals to Jackson and Jr to leave. We wave at each other and now I’m all alone. 

“Nah, this is fine. If Hye Jin sees I’ve gone out she’s going to know I’ve gone to see you and she’ll break down again.”

“Again? Is she okay?”

“You’re still worried about her? Even after all this?”

“She’s still my girlfriend hyung.”

“That’s what makes me mad. I know she’s my sister and everything but she does not deserve you. If it was my girlfriend, I would have left her already.” 

“It hasn’t even crossed my mind.” I hear him sigh on the other end. 

“I think I’m falling for you Young Jae.” I chuckle and am relieved at the decrease in tension. 

“Should I date you instead then?” I joke, smiling at the laughter coming from the other end of the line. 

“I’m flattered. But the reason I wanted to talk was to explain things to you. Hye Jin said that Hyun Woo’s mum passed away. That’s why she was there. She fell asleep comforting him and then when she tried to leave he kissed her.” My fists clench and I slam my fist into the pillow beside me, making sure that Hyung Jin can’t hear it. 

“I want to see her, hyung.” 

“Are you sure? I understand if you’re mad because I am too. If you aren’t ready to see her don’t force yourself.” 

“Why couldn’t she trust us? Trust me? She could have told me and then I could have at least gone with her or something.” I say, letting the sadness emanate in my voice. 

“I don’t know. She’s a bit of a mess at the moment though. Are you feeling okay to come around, or should I send her there?” I think about it for a second.

“I’ll come. Thanks hyung.” 

“I’ll see you soon Young Jae.” he hangs up and I get up, feeling better than I did the night before. I quickly have a shower and get dressed. 

After shouting a quick greeting to my mum I race out the door. As I approach Hye Jin’s building I see him and I see red. I decide not to use my fists this time and stomp over to the jerk that is ruining my relationship. 

“What are you doing here?” I say, making him flinch and turn around. 

“I just wanted to see if Hye Jin was okay.” he says. 

“She’s fine. Now leave.” I go to walk past him. 

“Can you tell her I want to see her?” I stop in my tracks and turn to glare at him. 

“No. You will not come anywhere near my girlfriend again. Do you hear me?” I say, grabbing his collar and pushing him away. 

“She’s coming back to me. I can see it. The way she looked at me yesterday. She’s going to come back to me.” he says. Before I can react he walks away, leaving me fuming. I make my way up to the apartment and press the doorbell, still angry. Hyung Jin opens the door and he looks at me sadly. 

“Hey.” I bow and he makes room for me to come in. I make my way past him and point to Hye Jin’s room. He nods and I knock on the door. I wait for a response but there is none. I look back at Hyung Jin and he tilts his head slightly, silently telling me to go inside. I send him a small smile and slowly open the door. 

I poke my head in and find Hye Jin curled up on her bed, fast asleep. Her eyes and cheeks are red and puffy. How long has she been crying for? I quietly step into the room and close the door. I make my way over to the bed and sit on the edge of it. I brush a strand of hair out of her face and she stirs but doesn’t wake up. I watch her sleep for a bit so that I can calm down after my encounter with that jerk. 

After a few minutes Hye Jin stirs again and she slowly opens her eyes. I look down at her and she finally sees me. She blinks a few times and then rubs her eyes as if making sure I’m actually there. I don’t say anything and continue looking at her. Then a thought hits me. What if Hyun Woo watched her sleep yesterday, just like I am now? How else did he touch her? What if he was right, and she is considering going back to him? 

I look away from her just as she sits up and wraps her arms around my neck and shoulders. 

“Is it you? Are you really here?” she breathes into my neck. “I’m so sorry, Jae. I’m such an idiot but please don’t hate me.” 

I take her by the arms and pull them off me, holding her at arms length. I sigh, trying to calm myself down. 

“I just want to know one thing, Hye Jin. Don’t you trust me?” she looks at me wide-eyed before nodding so hard it looks like her neck is about to snap. “Why didn’t you just tell me where you were going?”

“I-I thought you would get mad. I didn’t think-“

“Yeah. You didn’t think. At all. You didn’t even think about me before deciding to go to your crazy ex boyfriend’s house!” I snap. I stand up and distance myself away from her, afraid of what I might do. 

“I’m sorry.” she cries. Tears start to fall down her face and I start to understand how she felt with Hyun Woo. How she couldn’t stand to see him crying just like I can’t stand to see her crying. My heart breaks at the site of her and I rush back to her side, cupping the side of her face and crashing my lips onto hers. I kiss her hard, taking my frustrations out on her soft lips. 

I feel her grip tighten on my shirt and then I pull away and we both gasp, trying to get our breathing back to normal. 

“I have to go.” I say and I mean it. I can’t stay here. I can’t think straight at all. I thought I was ready to see her but I’m not. She starts to tear up and she grabs onto my arm. I use my other hand to pry her fingers off of me and then I get up and leave the room. 

 

A/N: I'm so sorry for the wait my lovely readers! But I figured I could post up the next chapter before getting started on the load of work I have to do. I will do my best to get the next chapter written and posted up ASAP. Bear with me guys :/ 

What is going to happen to our fluffy couple? Seriously.. what's going to happen? I don't even know.. yet.. hehe 

Thanks for reading and commenting and subscribing. 

Love you all!

xoxo