Chapter 10

Running...

Hye Jin’s POV

 

After the guys have left, Young Jae is the only one left behind. 

“Have a seat, Jae. I’m just gonna get these dishes done and then I’ll be right with you.” I tell him as I turn into the kitchen and turn on the tap to get the water warmed up. I start to soap up the dishes when I feel arms wrap around my waist. I’m pulled back into Young Jae’s chest as he rests his chin on my shoulder. 

“Are you okay?” he asks. I nod. “Are you sure?” I nod again. “Can I take that offer your Dad made to sleep over?” 

I turn my head so that I can see him properly. “Really?” he nods. 

“I don’t want to leave you alone tonight. I’ll sleep on the couch.” he says, looking at me. 

“I trust you.” I say, because I do. I know he isn’t going to do anything to me. He isn’t like Hyun Woo. He’s far from it. 

“Hmm?” 

“You can sleep in my room. I know you won’t do anything.” I say. I feel him tense behind me as I start to wash the dishes properly. 

“Mm, okay. I’ll sleep on the floor then.” I roll my eyes. 

“No, silly. You can sleep in my bed.” I say, laughing now. I hear him clear his throat.

“O-Okay.” 

Once I’m done with the dishes we snuggle up on the couch and watch some old movie that’s airing on TV. I start to feel sleepy so I sit up. 

“Let’s go to bed.” I say. Young Jae nods, then I realise something. “You don’t have clothes.” 

“It’s okay.” he says. I shake my head. 

“You can borrow one of my Dad’s shirts. I don’t think his pants would fit you though. Appa has a bit of a belly.” I say, giggling. He laughs too. 

“It’s really okay.” he says, but I’ve already gone past him and into Dad’s room to pick out a shirt. I come out and hand it to him. 

“Bathroom is that way.” I say, pointing to it. He nods and goes in. He comes back out with Dad’s shirt on, but he still has his jeans on. I can’t help but laugh a little.

“What?” he asks, confused.

“Are you going to sleep in jeans?” I ask him and he nods. “Jae, do you wear boxers?” 

“What? Why?” I see his face turning a shade of red and I go over to him and pinch his cheeks. 

“Because then you can take your pants off and sleep in them. It’ll be more comfortable than sleeping in jeans.” I tell him and if it was possible he turned even more red. 

“How are you so okay with this?” he asks. He looks a little angry. 

“I just want you to be comfortable. It’s okay if you don’t want to.” I say, a little upset that he’s getting mad at me over this, on the first day of our relationship. I turn around and walk into my room, leaving the door open for him to join me. 

I hear him come into the room, followed by a weight on the bed. Soon I feel arms come around my waist. 

“Are you mad?” he asks, kissing my shoulder. 

“No.” 

“I’m sorry.” 

“What for?” I ask, no emotion in my voice. 

“For making you mad.” 

“I’m not mad.” 

“You are.” he says, kissing my shoulder again. 

“I’m upset.” I say, turning around so that I can face him. “What did you think? I asked you to sleep without pants on so that I can sleep with you?” 

I see his eyes widen and he shakes his head. 

“No, of course not.” 

“Then? You asked me how I’m okay with this. Is it because I’m not a-a…” I can’t finish my sentence. 

“No! Well kind of. Normally girls wouldn’t be okay with their boyfriends sleeping in the same bed with them without pants on.” 

So, I was right. He must think I’m easy going about all of this because I’m not a anymore. I already told him I’m not making that mistake again, plus it’s our first day as girlfriend and boyfriend. I sit up in bed and run my hands through my hair. Young Jae sits up beside me, looking at me. 

“If you aren’t comfortable sleeping next to me I’ll sleep in Tae’s room.” I say. I throw off the covers when Young Jae stops me. 

“Don’t. Please. I’m sorry. I was wrong. I hate that I’m upsetting you already and I only just got you to accept me.” he says, making me face him. “I’m sorry, okay. I’ve told you before I have no issues with the fact that you slept with Hyun Woo. It was a mistake. You told me that yourself. I trust you.” 

I look up into his eyes and he looks so sincere. 

“Jae.” It comes out as a whisper. 

“Yes, baby?” he says, tucking my hair behind my ears. 

“I’m going to be really insecure for the beginning of this relationship. I don’t want to be but I’m already insecure now and I don’t think it will stop anytime soon. I feel bad that you have to deal with it, but you don’t have to. It’s not too late if yo-“ Young Jae puts his fingers to my lips. 

“Stop. I know that and I’m going to be right here to chase away those insecurities. Trust me Jin-nie. I’m going to make you forget about everything and make you the happiest girl ever.” He places a kiss on my forehead before lying down and stretching his hand out. He pats his stretched out arm with his other arm, signalling for me to lay down. I do as he says and face him as he wraps his arms around me. 

“Goodnight, baby.” he says. I reach up and place a kiss on his nose. 

“Goodnight, Jae.” 

 


 

Young Jae’s POV

 

I wake up the next morning because of a huge weight on my side. I open my eyes and smile at seeing Hye Jin in my arms. I go to lift my arm from her waist when I realise I can’t move it. I look up and realise that Tae Jin is sitting on me, straddling Hye Jin and I with a leg over each of us. He’s leaning forward on his hands, his elbow digging into my arm with a big grin on his face. 

I wiggle my fingers and try to get Hye Jin to wake up as I smile up at Tae Jin. 

“H-Hey b-buddy.” I say, continuously poking Hye Jin. She stirs a little but doesn’t get up. 

“Good mor~ning hyung!” he sings swaying his head side to side. I laugh awkwardly. 

“D-Did you sleep well?” he nods. 

“Did you~?” he sings again. This kid. I turn my body so that his leg slides off Hye Jin and he lands on my chest. I wrap him up in my arms and tickle him. As he flails about Hye Jin wakes up. 

“What is going on?” she groans, rubbing her eyes. I stop tickling Tae Jin and we both turn to look at her. 

“Someone came to join the party.” I say to her and it takes her a while to realise Tae Jin is laying casually on my chest, facing her. 

“Good morning Noona.” he says, giggling. 

“Mm, morning Tae. What are you doing in here?” she asks. 

“I could ask hyung the same thing.” he says, I look down and he’s wiggling his eyebrows at her. I see Hye Jin’s eyes widen. She covers her face with one hand and reaches out to pull the blanket over her head with the other. 

Tae Jin and I laugh at her before she peeks out over the top of the blanket. 

“Tae, go watch cartoons.” she says and he quickly sits up. 

“Really?” Hye Jin nods still half under the blanket. “Oh yeah!” he climbs off me before jumping off the bed and running out of the room. 

“That was so embarrassing.” Hye Jin says, burying herself under the blanket again. I laugh and pull it off her, rolling onto my side so that I can face her. 

“It’s probably one of the most unique ways I’ve ever been woken up.” I say, thoughtfully. “On another note, how did my girlfriend sleep?” 

She peeks out through her fingers and smiles. “I slept well. How ‘bout my boyfriend?” 

I reach out and pull her into a hug. “Best sleep ever.” I lean down so that I’m close enough to whisper in her ear. “Do I get a morning kiss?” 

Hye Jin scoffs and pushes me away before rolling over and swinging her legs off the bed. 

“People would think we’re married already if they saw you acting like this.” she says, grabbing a hair tie and lifting her hair up tie it up into a loose bun. 

“Hey, I waited forever, I finally have the right to ask you for kisses instead of stealing them from you.” I say, pouting a little. She laughs before taking my hand and pulling me to sit up. She kneels on the bed and grabs my face in her hands, squeezing my cheeks so that I look like a fish. She leans in and kisses me. I grin, probably stupidly, but I got my morning kiss so I’m happy. 

“You’re such a baby.” she says, standing up and ruffling my hair. 

“Your baby.” I say, putting my hands under my face trying to look cute.

“Come and have breakfast then.” she says, laughing and holding her hand out to me. I quickly jump off the bed and take her hand. 

While we’re having breakfast I keep nudging Hye Jin with my feet under the table. 

“Jinnie-ah we’re meant to meet Mark and Jackson hyung to work on our assignment today.” I say and she groans. 

“How can I face them after what happened yesterday?” she asks, frowning. 

“What happened yesterday wasn’t your fault. It’ll be fine, trust me.” I assure her. She sighs before nodding.

“Okay. But we’ll have to wait till my parents come home first so that Tae isn’t home alone.” she says and I nod. 

 

A couple of hours later Hye Jin’s parents are coming through the door and I’m standing in the living room breaking out into a cold sweat at meeting her Dad for the first time. They both come into the living room and freeze when they see me. Hye Jin’s Mum smiles at me.

“Young Jae. Right?” she asks. I nod.

“It’s nice to see you again Aunty.” I bow to her before shifting to bow at her Dad. “Hello. I’m Hye Jin’s classmate, Choi Young Jae.” 

I take a breath as I walk over to him and hold out my hand. He shakes it and nods once at me. 

“Classmate? Or boyfriend?” he asks, looking at Hye Jin behind me. 

“Uh…” she hesitates. 

“Boyfriend, sir.” I say, gulping as I look into his eyes. He nods again.

“I like your honesty, kid. I take it you slept over last night?” he asks as he makes his way to plop down onto the sofa and Hye Jin’s Mum goes into their bedroom. I go over to sit at the other chair beside him. 

“Yes, sir.” I say, watching for his reaction. 

“Young Jae wasn’t going to sleep over, Appa but there was a bit of a situation yesterday.” he sits up at that and turns to look at Hye Jin.

“Situation? What situation?” he asks. 

“He came, Appa.” Hye Jin says quietly. 

“WHAT?! I swear if I ever see that kid -“ he start, tensing one hand into a fist and punching the palm of his other hand. 

“Appa. You know you can’t do anything.” Hye Jin says before reaching out and patting his shoulder. “I’m grateful for the thought though.” 

“It’s okay, sir. I’m looking after her as well.” I chime in and he turns to me as his expression softens. 

“Good.” he says. “We’ll need to have a man-to-man talk some time soon.”

I nod as Hye Jin stands up and I follow suit. “Appa, we have to go work on an assignment together. Is that okay?” 

“Of course, leave Tae Jin with us. Ah, but I have a condition.” Hye Jin freezes as she’s on the way to her room and she looks a little scared. “Wear your new shoes.” 

Hye Jin squeals and envelopes her Dad into a hug before pulling away and kissing him on the cheek. She runs into her room as I wait and she comes out with a pair of winged sneakers that look amazing. Jackson is sure to say something about them. Mr Kim looks over at her when she comes out and smiles. 

“They look great. Go on then. Don’t bring her back too late Young Jae.” he says and I bow before taking Hye Jin’s hand and we leave. 

I keep her hand in mine as we make our way to my place. 

“I’ll just quickly change and get my bag, then we can head to the ice cream place to meet hyung okay?” she nods and before we know it, we’re home. My home, that is. 

I lead her inside and I find my parents in the living room. 

“Young Jae? Is that you?” Mum calls. 

“Yes Omma. Hye Jin is here too, we’re going to meet Mark hyung and Jackson hyung in a bit.” I call back. She sits up in the couch and turns around. Hye Jin lets go of my hand and bows. 

“Hello Aunty. It’s nice to see you again.” she says and Mum just nods. She nudges Dad and he turns around too. 

“That’s Hye Jin. Say hello.” she says to him. He looks at Hye Jin for a while before letting a big smile spread across his face. 

“Hi Hye Jin! It’s nice to finally meet you. I’m Young Jae’s Dad.” he says in his booming voice. Hye Jin bows to him as well. 

“Hello. It’s nice to meet you.” she says, politely. I lean down to closer to Hye Jin. 

“I’m just gonna get changed. Will you be okay?” she nods. 

“She’ll be fine, son! Come, Hye Jin. Sit with us.” Dad calls, pointing to the chair beside him. She shyly makes her way over there and I smile at her before heading upstairs. I’m a little hesitant to leave her there alone because the likeliness of my parents embarrassing me is very high. 

I quickly get changed and wash up a little before grabbing my school bag and heading back downstairs. 

“I’m ready!” I say as I make my way back to the living room. I see my parents and Hye Jin, laughing their heads off about something on the TV. “Jin-nie?” 

Hye Jin looks up at me and smiles. “Ready?” I nod.

“Yeobo, did you hear him call her Jin-nie? How cute!” I hear Mum whisper very loudly to Dad. I roll my eyes and sigh. 

“Omma, I can hear you.” I say and the both of them giggle like school kids. 

“I said it so you would hear.” Mum says. “Go on then, you don’t want to keep your hyungs waiting.” 

Hye Jin stands up and comes over to where I am. She turns around to bow to my parents. 

“We’ll be going now…” she trails off as my parents send her a look. “O-Omma and Appa.”

My eyes widen as my parents clap their hands. “Alright, dear. You come over again soon, okay?” Dad says and Hye Jin nods, blushing. 

“I’ll be back later.” I say to them, eyeing them suspiciously. They just wave me off before turning back to the TV. 

As soon as we get outside I turn to Hye Jin. “What was that?” 

“What?” she asks, shrugging.

“Omma and Appa?” I say, raising an eyebrow.

“You don’t like it? They asked me to call them that and they wouldn’t take no for an answer. You saw how they looked at me!” she whines. I laugh at her before reaching over and pinching her cheeks. 

“You are adorable. Do you know that?” I say, taking her hand and swinging them between us.

 

A/N: A bit more fluffy for the fluff lovers. I decided to wrap up the issues Hye Jin has with her parents because well.. I don't like writing it lol 

The next chapter is not complete yet which is odd of me but I've been so busy and Uni started this week so my fanfic time has been cut down drastically. I will still try to post something at least once a week though. 

Leave comments if you want, Subscribe if you want, Just read if you want. I don't really mind. Haha 

As always, much love to you all! 

xoxo