Chapter 17

Running...

Hye Jin’s POV

 

Stupid. Stupid Hye Jin. I mentally hit myself in the head several times as Young Jae stays frozen, staring at me. I clear my throat. 

“Never mind. Forget I said anything.” I go to turn around when Young Jae stops me by pulling me closer to him. He puts his forehead against mine and looks at me a little longer. I start to shift under his gaze, staring down at his neck as I can’t handle looking in his eyes. 

“Do you mean it?” he whispers. I look up at him. “Would you really marry me?” 

“If you’ll accept me.” I say, just as quietly. I’m not even sure if he can hear me now. 

“I do.” he breathes, before leaning forward and capturing my lips with his. The kiss literally takes my breath away. Young Jae moves his lips as he lightly pushes forward making me turn onto my back. I reach up with my hands to cup his face while Young Jaes' hands run up and down my sides. As the kiss deepens I run my fingers through his hair and he pulls away, leaving us both breathless. He leans his forehead against mine before smiling at me. He places another quick peck on my lips before trailing kisses across my jaw stopping to peck at my earlobes, leaving me giggling. I feel him smirk against my skin as he makes his way down to kiss my neck. I feel cold air hit wet spots he leaves along my skin and I sigh at the pleasure of it all. Young Jae’s hands travel under my shirt and I hiss at the feeling of his cold fingers on my warm skin. Young Jae latches onto the space between my neck and my collar bone, that is only just revealed by my low cut top. I have to bite on my lip so that I don’t make too much noise. After leaving his mark Young Jae slides up to take my lips again and I sigh into his mouth, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him closer. He pulls away after a while and smiles down at me. 

“I know I said I’ll marry you, but we’re not married yet. So as much as I would like to keep going, we should stop here.” he says quietly, so we don’t wake anybody up. I nod, feeling tears form in my eyes. Young Jae notices and kisses my forehead. “What’s wrong Jinnie?” 

“Nothing. I’m just really, really happy.” I say and I am. Hyun Woo pressured me into having with him and here is Young Jae, waiting until I’m fully his before making love to me. How I wish Hyun Woo was never in my life and I had met Young Jae earlier. 

I wake up when I feel like someone is watching me. I slowly open my eyes and wait till my eyes adjust to the light flowing into my room. When they do I see Young Jae, propped up on his elbow and smiling down at me. I lift the blanket to cover my face and he chuckles. He goes to pull the blanket down and I pull them back up. 

“Why are you hiding from me?” he asks. 

“Because you look like you’re going to eat me.” I say, giggling. I see his hands before I feel them and they reach out to tickle me. I thrash around on the bed, getting tangled with the blankets and Young Jaes arms. “Time! Time!” 

Young Jae finally stops tickling and instead he pulls me closer to him. He places a kiss on my forehead then rests his chin on top. “Good morning wifey.” 

I giggle, yet again, at the new nickname. “Good morning.” 

“Let’s go out today.” he says and I nod. 

Later that morning I find myself at Young Jae’s dining table having a coffee with his mum while he gets ready for our date. 

“We should hang out more often.” Mrs Choi says. 

“We should.” I say. “I have to find a dress for prom. If you would like you can join Mum and I when we go shopping for one.” 

“Oh! Really? That would be great! Just give me a call in advance and I will definitely be there.” She says, grinning so widely I’m surprised her face hasn’t ripped apart yet. “Do you two have a colour in mind yet?” 

“A colour?” 

“My dear girl. You both have to decide on a colour so that you’ll be matching. Young Jae will get you a matching corsage and you’ll both be stunning!” she looks out into the distance and I look behind me to see what she could possibly be looking at, but there’s nothing there. 

“What are you two talking about?” I hear Young Jae say as he comes down the stairs. 

“Nothing you need to worry yourself about.” Mrs Choi says waving her hand in the air. Young Jae looks to me as he approaches us and I just shrug. 

“Okay, Umma. We’re going to get going now.” Young Jae says, taking my hand. I bow to his Mum and she waves at us as we leave. “What did you two talk about?”

“I asked her to go dress shopping with me.” Young Jae stops walking and it pulls me to a stop too. 

“Have you gone mad?” he yells. “Do you have any idea what my mother is like when she goes shopping? I thought you said you were going to go with your Mum.”

“I am. I just invited your Mum to come with.” I say, unsure of why he is getting so worked up. 

“Jinnie, my mum is going to be a nutcase when she goes with you. What if she annoys your Mum? She’s going to drive you crazy.” he says, taking both my hands in his.

“Jae, I’m sure she’ll be fine. Besides, I’ve already asked her so I can’t take it back now.”

“You can. Just go with your Mum and then say that you forget to invite her.” I gasp and hit Young Jae on the arm. He groans and clutches the area that I hit him. “Ow.”

“I can’t do that. It’s not a big deal, I’ll invite her and that’s that. Now let’s go.” I say, taking his hand and starting to walk again. 

“Don’t say I didn’t warn you.” he says. 

We find ourselves in a mall, strolling through the stores hand-in-hand. 

“Do you actually need to find something?” I ask Young Jae. 

“I was thinking we could find Tae’s birthday present today. Ah, and I wanted to buy you something.” he says, shrugging. 

“Me? Why me?”

“Because you’re my girlfriend and I want to buy you things.” I roll my eyes as his eyes disappear when he smiles. 

“That’s silly. That means I can buy you things too.” I say, pulling him closer with my other arm and looking up at him full of aegyo. 

“Nope. Only I can buy you things. Not the other way around.” I pout.

“That’s a double standard, Jae.” He turns to poke my nose. 

“I don’t care. Where should we go first?” he asks, quickening his pace as I trail after him. He turns into a hobby shop and we look at the model toys that Tae Jin can build himself. We go through numerous suggestions, unable to decide which one will be best for him. 

At our difference in opinions we decide to give up and look for something else, agreeing to come back if there is nothing else better. 

“I am thirsty. Feel like bubble tea?” Young Jae asks after another twenty minutes of walking around. I nod. 

We make our way over to a bubble tea store and after ordering, we wait on the side. Young Jae is in the middle of telling me a story about Yu Gyeom and how he almost choked on his bubble tea one time when our order is ready. As we’re about to walk away a voice stops us. 

“I can’t even go anywhere anymore without feeling sick to my stomach.” we turn around and come face to face with Na Ri. I roll my eyes.

“If you feel sick, you should go home. Don’t risk infecting the people around you.” I say, turning back around and leading Young Jae away. Before we can get too far I feel something tugging me back and I turn around to find that Na Ri has Young Jae by his elbow, pulling him back. 

“What is that?” she asks. I look to Young Jae, who is just as confused as I am. “That.” 

Na Ri reaches out, past Young Jae to tug on the collar of my shirt. She pulls it to expose my shoulder and then retracts her hand. “Is that… a hickey?” 

I look down and sure enough, there is the purplish mark that Young Jae gave me last night. Young Jae reaches out and tugs my shirt back over my shoulder. 

“I’d appreciate it if you didn’t expose my girlfriends skin for others to see.” he says. Na Ri is fuming at this point and she grabs onto Young Jae’s arm again, but directs her words at me. 

“Why couldn’t you just stay locked up in your room forever? I could have won Oppa over in the time you were gone.” I reach over and push Na Ri away with one hand, making her let go of Young Jae. 

“Yeah. Well, you failed. So leave us alone now.” Before I can lead Young Jae away, he takes the initiative and pulls me away from her. We don’t even look back as we make our way into another store. 

“God, she’s annoying.” Young Jae says, pulling me in to put his arm over my shoulder. He leans his head on mine before kissing me on the cheek. “Do you know how hot you look when you stand up to her like that?” he whispers in my ear. 

I cringe at the tickling feeling and squirm out of his hold. 

“Stop that, it tickles.” I say, unable to hide the grin on my face. Young Jae laughs and we go our separate ways to look at clothes for Tae Jin. I pick out an outfit I like for him, not for his birthday but just because and then go out in search of my boyfriend. I can’t seem to find him anywhere so I go to pay for the clothes and then out of the store. I sit down on a bench and pull out my phone, dialling Young Jae’s number. 

“Hello?”

“Jae? Where are you?” 

“I’m still in the store, where are you?”

“I just walked a whole lap around the store and you weren’t there. I’m sitting outside of it.”

“Okay, I’ll be right out.”

The phone clicks and I keep my eye on the entrance of the store I just left, waiting for Young Jae to come out. I keep checking the time because seriously, it shouldn’t take that long for him to come out. All of a sudden my vision goes black making me jump and I feel a breath on my ear. 

“Guess who?” the voice whispers. 

“Choi Young Jae, you better let go of me this instant.” I say, pulling on his hands to take them off of my eyes. He lets go and moves his hands to wrap them around my shoulders. 

“Sorry, did I scare you?”

“A little. It could have been anybody.” I say. He leans forward to kiss my cheek and then lets go. I wait for him to come around to this side of the bench but he doesn’t. Instead I see something shine in front my face. When my vision focuses I see that it’s a butterfly pendant on a silver chain. I tilt my head back to look at Young Jae but before I can see him properly the chain drops to my neck and before I know it the necklace has been fastened. I touch the pendant and examine it closely as Young Jae makes his way to sit next to me. He picks up my shopping bag and opens it, examining what I bought. 

“For Tae?” he asks, as if he didn’t just put a necklace on me. I turn to face him with a questioning look on my face. “What?”

“What is this?” I ask him, still holding onto the pendant. 

“It’s a necklace.” he chuckles. “I told you I wanted to buy you something.”

“You didn’t have to, Jae.” I say quietly. 

“I wanted to. Now, what are we getting Tae for his birthday?” he asks, standing up and taking my hand. 

“Let’s get that toy you wanted to get him.” I say. He nods and we make our way back to that toy store. 

“Jae, what colour do you want to wear to the prom?” I ask, after we’ve bought Tae’s present and are sitting down for some lunch. 

“Colour?” 

“Yeah. Your Mum says we need to decide on a colour so that we match or something.” 

“What colour do you want to wear?” I shrug. “How about purple? You like purple.” 

“Yeah, but I think a lot of people will be using purple.”

“Why don’t we use a very dark purple? So dark, people will think it’s black.” he says, grinning. 

“I like the way you think.” I say, placing my chin on my hand and looking at him dreamily. He looks at me and pouts. 

“I hope you like a lot more about me than the way I think.” I start laughing and reach over to pinch his cheeks. 

“You’re adorable.” Young Jae’s cheeks turn a bright shade of red and he pushes my hands away as he stands up. 

“Let’s go home now.” I stand up and take his hand.

 

A/N: And... I'm back! I'm sorry I took longer than I promised but I seriously have not written much more than I originally had when I put this story on hiatus. But I do have a few more ideas that I need to work in somehow. I've also started my next fic so hopefully that one will have faster updates than this one. Next is Jr. But that will have to wait till our Young Jae fic is finished. 

On that note.. how good is Stop Stop It?? Them body rolls ;) 

Okay, that's enough from me.. I will remove the previous hiatus notice very very soon. I really hope this story ends up being worth the wait. I really don't want to disappoint you all. :/ 

Much love to you all and thank you very very much for your patients. 

xoxo