Chanyeol/Kai

Catboy Microfics

Chanyeol and Jongin agree to meet up after school. Chanyeol knows he's running late, but he'd just apologise and buy the cat chicken. Problem solved.

He can't find his friend when he jogs into the park they agreed to meet in, though. He cranes his neck to see even further over the small crowds of kids who maybe reach his chest, but the tawny cat is nowhere to be seen. Ears perked for any familiar voice, he starts to trot around the park, looking in bushes and up into trees.

He literally stumbles upon Jongin as he rounds a large tree near the entrance of the park. From here, Jongin would've had a clear shot at the sidewalk, if he hadn't fallen asleep. His backpack is beside him on the grass, and he's crouched down with his hat pulled down over his face.

It's rather amazing how easily he falls asleep. Chanyeol's kind of jealous.

The cat looks kind of suspicious, crouching in a park, though, so Chanyeol taps his shoulder. "Jongin." No response. "Jongin, wake up." A soft snore-like sigh. No signs of waking up.

Chanyeol sits down on his haunches with a contemplative pout. He could just push Jongin over, but that would just be mean, and it probably wouldn't wake him up. He forms an idea and carefully removes his friend's cap.

Just like when they were kids, he scratches between Jongin's ears. The hair isn't quite as soft as it was then, because Jongin dyes it, but it still feels good beneath Chanyeol's fingers. It doesn't take long for that tell-tale purr to vibrate through the cat's whole body and transfer up Chanyeol's arm. Soon, he begins to relax; his elbows slide down between his thighs, and he sways a little.

Jongin's head drops forward when Chanyeol's fingers reach behind his head, and he tumbles forward. Luckily, Chanyeol catches him, but they both end up on the grass.

A couple of mothers cover their children's eyes and hurry them passed the park.

"Chanyeol? Wha' tookya so long?" Jongin yawns and rubs his eyes, completely comfortable on top of Chanyeol.

"I was chasing Kyungsoo's balls during tennis practice."

Thankfully, Jongin is too dazed from his nap to comment or notice the belated blush colouring Chanyeol's cheeks.

"So, hey!" Chanyeol pats Jongin's back. He means to, at least, but he taps Jongin's , instead. His blush deepens. "W-We gonna go, or do you wanna nap in the park all day like a sad, homeless man?" He is all for napping if it means Jongin doesn't move, but the cat yawns again and stands up.

"No, we can go." He pulls his backpack onto a shoulder and takes Chanyeol's hand to help him to his feet. "I can nap at your house."

Chanyeol hands back the cat's cap, tail wagging excitedly.