Chen/Lay

Catboy Microfics

After a long, exhausting day of running around the office working a dozen projects at once, Jongdae barely made it home on his feet. He was pretty sure his knees hit the hardwood floor the moment he had his apartment unlocked, and he merely crawled to the sofa and passed out.

Yixing watched curiously from his perch on the sill of the open window. His tail twitched, and he couldn't resist getting closer. He knelt beside the couch and crossed his arms beside the human, resting his chin on his forearms and watching silently.

Jongdae craked an eye open and glanced at the cat, whose ears perked, sensing the attention.

"Can I get you anything?"

"No, just. . ." Jongdae kicked his second-guessing conscience in the metaphorical nuts and took the plunge. "Come up here?"

Yixing's ears swivelled back, but he didn't move otherwise. "I'm too big."

"No, you're not."

"I'm bigger than you are."

Jongdae rolled onto his side and pressed his back into the sofa. "Look at all this room."

The delicate white ears flicked up forward and flattened out to the sides. Yixing looked uncertain, waiting for a "Just kidding!" or "Nevermind!," neither of which came after many moments of waiting.

Shyly, he slunk onto the couch beside the human.

Jongdae squinted sleepily at Yixing's face. "I'm so tired. . ."

"You need rest. Just take a nap."

Rather than replying, Jongdae draped an arm over Yixing's shoulder, pausing to see if the cat moved away—He didn't.—and ran his fingers through the cat's hair, pushing it off of his face.

Yixing's eyes dipped closed of their own accord, and his muscles practically melted off his bones, leaving him relaxed and pliant. Each intake and sigh of breath carried a low purr that grew in intensity when Jongdae's fingers scratched the base of his ears.

Jongdae stopped petting the cat when his hand cramped. Blown pupils hazily looked beyond his face, wondering why the pleasing sensation was gone but too mellowed out to seek it out again.

Yixing scooted closer until their bodies were flush. He tucked a leg over and behind Jongade's, ducked his chin to his chest, and shifted around until he settled with his forehead at Jongdae's chin. His tail hung over the couch; a strong whip of muscles draped it over his thigh, where the very tip twitched and flicked.

Jongdae pressed a kiss to the cat's hair, smiling to himself when the purrs started up again. "You should be like this more often. . ."

 

 


a/n: Catboy Yixing's behaviour was influenced by the cat in this video.