Chanyeol/Kai iv

Catboy Microfics

They stay up late playing video games and watching horror movies. With the Parks gone, they can be as loud as they want well passed the usual curfew.

Chanyeol falls asleep on the floor at some point and wakes up to a steady THUMP...THUMP. No one else should be home, so who's—?

He bites back a yelp when something whacks the back of his head. Jongin's tail flips back to his thigh, twitches, and curls only to lash out again and smack Chanyeol on the mouth. Spitting out fur, he catches the tail and holds it down as it continues to twitch and eventually wake his friend.

Jongin rolls onto his side with a whine. He would've rolled right off the couch if Chanyeol hadn't planted his hands on the cat's back and thigh. Jongin scoots his legs up to sit on his knees and rubs his eyes with a yawn.

Chanyeol crosses his arms on the cushion, mesmerised. Jongin looks really attractive after waking up, all puffy and soft; he's always attractive, though, while Chanyeol doesn't even notice that his own ears are matted from sleep.

"Morning~" he sings lowly. The cat squints at nothing in front of him, gurgling a greeting.

"Breakfast?" It's past 11 AM, and Chanyeol gets another gurgled kind of response that he takes as a 'Yes.' If he makes something light, now, he can make a full meal later, when his friend is actually fully conscious.

He tosses bread into the toaster and sings to himself while he waits.

Jongin shuffles into the kitchen and drapes himself across the kitchen island with a sleepy sigh. "Please don't sleep there."

"'m not sleepin." The toast pops up; one piece, being an overachiever, leaps right out of the toaster and onto the counter.

"You okay with Nutella?"

"Never had it."

The dog chokes on his gasp and hastily digs in the cupboard for the godly spread. "You're gonna try it." He slathers it on a piece of toast and stuffs it in his mouth—he is really hungry—and is about to coat another piece of bread when Jongin stops him with logic and sudden close proximity.

"Let me try a little bit, first."

Chanyeol figures that means dipping his finger in the jar or something, but no. Jongin leans in and the corner of Chanyeol's mouth, catching smudged Nutella and igniting the dog's face to such a degree he's pretty sure the rest of the spread simply melted off his chin.

Jongin hums and his lips. "I like it." He prepares his own toast with Nutella and returns to the living room, tail high.

Chanyeol stays hunched over the kitchen counter, breathing fast. He is well aware of his tail wagging 3x faster than normal, and he smiles through his stuttering pants. He wipes his mouth with the back of his hand. "Oh my God … ." That cat is bad for his blood pressure.

 

 


I fixed it up a wee bit, but this is originally from my Twitter. I wrote it after I had Nutella for the first time. (It is really good. Why is it so expensive? C'mon.)

I don't always tweetfic, but there are lots of potential ideas. It's my dumping grounds, really.