Lay/Luhan (cat-cats)

Catboy Microfics

Lay chased the toy into the water, landing with a series of splashes in his pursuit. It was incredible how nonchalant he was about baths, in Luhan's opinion. Any kind of water, and he was thrilled. He slept in sinks, flushed the toilet to watch with rapt attention as the water swirled away and then came back, and even hung over the shower door when their human showered, just to catch some residual spray.

He was a shame to catkind, but Luhan adored him anyway.

Luhan watched the shorthair cat-paddle from a safe distance away, folded neatly in the farthest corner atop the humming refrigerator. He tucked all four paws beneath him, tail securely at his side, making himself as small and invisible as possible. He willed himself to melt into the fridge when his human looked towards the food area, but he went unnoticed and relaxed.

He evidently dozed off. The whir of the dreaded blowdryer woke him.

The bathroom door was still open, but the tub was drained and empty. With a stretch and a yawn, Luhan inched to the edge of the fridge and peered into the living room.

Their human sat cross-legged on the floor, blowdryer in hand with a towel around their bare shoulders. Lay was settled on a towel-protected cushion, eyes blissfully closed as his fur was dried.

With an affectionate rub, their human turned off the blowdryer, and Lay's purrs could be heard in the relative silence.

Luhan deemed it safe to reveal himself in that very catlike now-I'm-here-now-I'm-not fashion, tufted toes silencing his leap to the floor and footsteps across the linoleum.

Lay opened his eyes to smile at Luhan and sat up to follow the longhair onto the sofa. A few turns, and Luhan settled comfortably. Lay sat at his side and began the long task of grooming him.

Their human sighed when he returned from the bathroom. “You'd make it so much easier on me if you'd just take a normal bath, Luhan. I'm the one who has to clean up Lay's hairballs.”

Luhan purred, enjoying his bath. He didn't need to get wet to get clean, and he probably enjoyed his baths even more than Lay enjoyed his own.

 


a.n.: old prompt from ask.fm [x]