Sehun/Tao/Kai (cat-turned-human AU iii)

Catboy Microfics

Sehun is just walking out of class when his phone sings. “Jongin?”

“Sehun, when did you get a room mate?”

“What?”

“I let myself into your apartment.”

. “I told you to wait for me!”

“I am waiting! I'm waiting in your apartment with your very friendly room mate.”

“Do not touch him.”

“Hands-free, my friend, but, in all honesty, he’s the one doing most of the touching. Like, I'm legit lying here with my arms up, and he's just totally comfortable on top of me. . .”

Sehun may have broken a few laws in his hustle home. Throwing open his apartment door—which Jongin never remembers to lock—he trips over shoes that aren't his and kicks them against the wall.

Jongin peers around the sofa back. “Welcome back. Don’t break your wall.”

“I'm gonna break YOU.”

“You've said that before. I wasn't impressed.”

Sehun rolls his eyes and drops his jacket on a hook piled with sweatshirts. When he toes off his sneakers, he feels marginally calmer until he paces around the sofa and sees his human-cat napping on Jongin’s lap. He raises a finger. “Before you ask again, I am going to tell you that you’re not going to believe me." He points to Tao. "The guy on your lap is my cat. No, I don’t know what happened. I’ve given up trying to figure it out. If you wanted to be helpful, you’d figure out a way I can possibly keep him here, since men are more expensive than cats.”

“. . .” Jongin snaps his gum and chews thoughtfully, eyebrows dipped in a mildly concerned vee over his nose. “That’s just messed up, man. You need to go to bed earlier or something.”

“I've been trying to tell him that for months.” Tao stretches on Jongin’s lap with a satisfied whine.

“You've lived with him for that long?”

Sehun sighs. “Ten months, Jongin. I just told you he’s my cat.”

“Like, cat-cat? That miniature black panther with the sissy name?”

Finally, someone who understands. Tao raises his arms, planting a hand on either side of Jongin’s face. Sehun doesn't know if he should freak out on his human-cat or human-human best friend when Jongin doesn't resist and lets himself be pulled down to hunch over Tao, who leans up just enough to touch his lips to Jongin’s.

As a cat-cat, Tao had no qualms kissing people; they all seemed to love it and found it to be the sweetest thing. As a human-cat, the effect seems to be no different, but Jongin has always been a bit special, in Sehun's opinion.

“Please don’t make out with my cat.”

“It’s just a kiss, Sehun.”

Tao agrees with a flat look. “You don’t complain when I kiss you.”

Sehun flushes pink at Jongin’s look and mumbles something about putting his bookbag away.