Mist

Are You Ready or Not?

My eyes can't see past the mist. It captures my being and fills my lungs. I try to escape, and I wish that I could, but I cant.

Her lips are so tantalizing, the way she calls your name. Her eyes closed in bliss as she captures your soul. Her voice a never ending song ringing in my ears.

But no matter what she continues to do, she doesn't look for me. I hear her voice within the cloudiness of the mist. 

I try to find her eyes, to connect with the soul that calls your name. Your name. She longs for you but you ignore her. Why can't she see? 

You want the person that can follow your every need and always be by your side. Why can't she see that I'm looking for her while all you do is run away. But I think I can understand why she calls to you. 

She's drawn, like a moth to a flame. A flame that burns bright with confidence and endurance. She hoped to follow you and bathe in your light. Still, she ignores the true owner of that flame.

The one that holds that flame high and clear for everyone to see. 

Except her.

The only person I wish she would see, is blind to her eyes. Still, I hold the flame clutched to my heart. 

"Why can't she see, that me and you," I sigh "are one and the same?"