Roses

Are You Ready or Not?

"Happy-"

Red roses drop to the floor, a small black box clutched in his hands. His eyes landing on the blonde infront of him. Not a single look of emotion covering his features.

Nothing except for a raised brow, "Your back early."

He stands there for a second, not believing what he's seeing. His lover. His lover, boyfriend? What the hell were they anymore? He could've sworn, on his life, that he would be the one. The one to finally see the real him.

Yet again, he was wrong. This time it had seemed so real, so pure, so...stupid.

How could he have been so stupid? 

All those late nights and deserted mornings. All of it he was so blind to see.

"Jjong?"

When Jonghyun opens his eyes, hes not standing at his living room door anymore. His gaze locks with one of chocolate. 

How had he even gotten here?

"Jjong?" The brunette looks him once over and tilts his head "Aren't you supposed to be at Kibum's?" His brows furrow "Isn't today your anniversary?" 

Thats when it comes crashing back down. The reality of the situation. 

"Hyung." Jonghyun falls into the olders arms, tears already trailing down his cheeks. "Why hyung?" He buries his nose in the warmth of the olders neck. "Why?"

He can feel the tears pooling around his cheeks. The sweet aroma of vanilla, no, of freshly bloomed roses filling his nose.

The oldest leads him into his apartment. "Well, some things happen for a reason, right?"

Jonghyun locks eyes with the older as he says it. A dim twinkle in his gaze. "Right." He lets the other wipe away damp bangs from his blurred vision. 

When the older softly smiles and places a kiss on his forehead. Jonghyun feels a pain in his chest that leaves him, breathless.