Poison

Are You Ready or Not?

Her lips were like poison. Once i looked into her eyes. I knew i was trapped. Her words invaded my thoughts. And her every command became my breathing air. Before I knew what was happening, she had me wrapped around her finger. 

The longer I breathed her scent, the longer the poison boiled in my veins. Bright smiles turned dim. Loud laughs turned into silenced chuckles. No longer could I stand her perfect beauty.

The hair that flew past swinging hips. Feline eyes that followed my every move. Manicured fingers that would, without hesitation,  rough me up in a second. 

I loved her, I truly did. But not in the way that she wanted. Not in the way that a puppy loves it's owner. That feeling being much more by instinct. The instinct to love without a single doubt. I loved her, I truly did. 

But my heart quickened for another. It was strange. The feeling that had at first encaptured me. When I looked into those orbs of deep brown. I wasnt trapped. I was free to come and go as I pleased. The blood in my veins boils, but with passion instead.

Every word sent my way from that warmth, makes me feel lucky.

And finally, I think I understand. Finally, I see the difference between poison and enchantment.