Dreamcatcher

Are You Ready or Not?

Fingers trace lips. Eyes trace shapes. Neither willing to be beaten. Neither willing to back down.

All he can do is sit in his bed. Heart beating erratically. Lungs clenching at every breath.

It was meant to protect him. But all it does is hinder his soul. He wants to escape. To reach for a better day. But... he is being pulled in too many directions. One hand is pulling at his bleached locks, while another kisses his face. One burns his skin, while another heals his wounds. 

The thing that hangs from his headboard does nothing to soothe his fried nerves. The twinkling sound of wind chimes and the rattling sound of beads, only pull him in deeper. 

In his sleep, he can feel them watching him. In reality, he can see them watching. Both of them. One full of grins and cheerfulness. Another full of hatred and spite.

He tried to fight against them. He truly did. But it was already too hard to fight the temptation. Yes, he wanted to live in the dreamworld that stood on the otherside. Still, he wanted to have a taste of the creature that hid withing his nightmares.

So he sits there, sweaty and heavy hearted. He cant help but laugh as he lets the hands continue on their way. Letting them take him to a place, where his mothers gift, was supposed to keep him from.