Abandoned

Are You Ready or Not?

I was abandoned. From the moment I learned how to walk and talk. From that moment I grew up on my own, with my own rules. So, I changed. I grew up. I grew up with two girls, women, on my left and on my right. Best friends. I guess, that's what we could be called.

On my left I had Gwiboon. Blonde dyed hair that flowed past her shoulders. Tied into a loose ponytail. Feline eyes that calculated and were attentive to every move you made.

On my right I had Minjung. All long legs and manicured fingers. Obviously not by her own choice, if the ever present frown on her features was anything to go by.

But it didn't matter. They were friends. Best friends. Nothing could change that.

Except, another man. I never thought or lingered too long on the fact that I was abandoned. It was just something that happened. But, then I met him and everything seemed to come into place. I wasn't abandoned anymore. My parents didn't leave because they wanted to. They left because they had to. No one could've saved them. But me. I was different.

I had a choice. I didn't have to follow the same path that was paved before me. This man that I barely knew, told me that I wasn't and never will be, abandoned. That he didn't know why, but he felt as if I was the one. 

And as I looked into his eyes. I knew that he was mine too. 

My light.