Listen up everyone

Give Love A Chance

Idiot.
Bastard.

"Jewel?"

The deep voice of a teenage guy sounded so much like a man's. I would know that voice if I was anywhere in the world. My best friend, Chanyeol, stood behind slightly frowning at me with his hands ready to help me up. "Are you okay? What happened?" 

Oh did you not see what happened?
Did you have that bad timing again? Where I look like a complete idiot for thinking Luhan isn't nice?
I tried to give him what I hoped would come off as a 'don't tell me your kidding' face but I guess he would never see Luhan's pranks because the universe just did not allow it. "Did you fall off your bike again?"

He looked at me with eyebrow raised, remembering that I used that for my excuses.
Of course I did! Considering the world just does not see his evil doings, why bother wasting my energy for exposing that bozo. No gods or mythical creature would even see it. 

"Y-Yeah and now I'm soaking in dirty water." I sniffed myself and found that there had been a hint of gasoline becoming one with my clothes. I simply nodded, this was the morning of Jewel Nam. 

I just continued to blankly nod as I accepted my stupid fate of the day with everyone's eyes still bearing deeper and deeper into me with every step I took. Luhan's car had eventually stopped and the door quickly opened to meet the smile of his driver. He flashed him a smile back of course, but glancing over at me, he smirked.

The crowd of girls quickly returned back to their overly ear-breaking squeals as cockroach waved to his adoring fans.

Thank goodness he distracted them for me.

"We're almost there Jewel don't worry." Chanyeol clearly expressed the obvious. 
He isn't that much taller than me, no. Park Chanyeol is a skyscraper that cannot be touched and is always asked by many on how the weather is up there. He is my trustee loyal sidekick, why you might ask? He was bullied back in middle school for being the smartest kid around. No one could reach up to the showing of his quick-witted intelligence, and so he was made fun of. 
Yes it sounds sad when it is a time one discovers themself, but that's why I stepped in to save the day. I pulled kid's hairs, noses, arms etc. I punched and kicked and got into detention for the first time ever. We became friends there. 

I thanked him all the time actually. And now I thank him again, "Thanks for handling my bike for me."  

"Are you kidding Jewel? Anything for you." He smiled innocently. 

About a little more awkward walking towards the school entrance, Luhan's driver came to me with apologetic eyes that gestured his sorryness. If that's even a word.

Mr. Driver glanced up at me just as I was about to walk on school property and said, "Ms. Nam I am so sorry for doing this to you... Sir Luhan ordered me to speed up and make that sharp turn... I didn't-"

"It's okay." I said cutting him off with a smile. "You had to listen to your spoon-fed halfwit of a boss. I understand completely.. But do you get payed a good amount for putting up with that guy right?"

Mr. Driver looked at me confused, astonished. I guess a mixture of both. And then suddenly he starts laughing like a maniac. "Ma'am what are you saying? Of course I get payed a good amount, he actually gives me extra money for me to be able to support my family. He's a nice young man Ms. Nam. Well except for today actually it's the first time he's asked me to do that."

I simply stood there staring at him, almost completely forgetting the fact that I am soaking wet and cancelling out the sound of the bell calling students in.
Does Luhan play an angel on the outside and a devil on the inside or am I seriously missing something here...  

"See I told you!" 

Chanyeol whispered into my ear, snapping me out of a daze.
I groaned in disgust and rolled my eyes at him for saying that. 
If those actions did not mean I hate Luhan, then I don't know what does. 

"Stop trying to convince me Channie, it's not gonna work." I shrugged my shoulders at him for the truth had been told. Turning over to Mr. Driver I utterly said, "I will not judge your opinion sir." But he wasn't there.

The driver was still present at the entrance but when I looked back at him, he was over at the back of the car with the trunk wide open. It looked like he was getting something. 

As much as I don't like being at school, I hated the fact of being late.
At this critical moment, I had to find something to wear into the school or else I'd be kicked out.. No I'd just be made fun of by a bunch of students I don't even know, but not wearing school clothes was something that would kick me out of school as well. 

"Sorry I left for a second but here Ms. Nam!" 

My eyes widened at the grey sweater he had handed over to me and as stupid as the question was, I asked, "What am I supposed to do this sir?" 

Luckily he didn't find me stupid and just answered the question right away, "You can use this to cover up since you could get a cold. I don't think you'd want that either. Also, I don't know if you have anything else to change into so I hope this will help." 

Awwwww this man was sweet. 
I like him. 

"This is actually Sir Luhan's so you could just hand it over to him tomorrow." 

Nevermind. Thank you to the universe for laughing your heads off right now. 

"Th-Th-Tha-Thank you. Uhh see you again tomorrow." I waved him an awkward goodbye along with my award-winning fake smile. With that he drove off and did whatever he would do. 

Chanyeol turned over to look at me with that cheeky grin of his before locking my bike onto the bike rack. I knew he was thinking that I will never get away from Luhan ever and I seriously hated him for that. 

"You know for a nerd like you, you shouldn't be laughing at other people's misfortunes when I could easily beat the crap out of you." I advised, still holding onto the sweater. 

It seems that Chanyeol wasn't afraid whether I really did hit him or not. We were already 5 minutes and desperate to get changed out of my mucky clothes, I gestured Chanyeol to hurry into the school with me. He planted his hand on my shoulder as we walked in and turned to the hall that would lead the two of us to the gym, "I don't care. He's a great guy honestly!"

"Don't tell me you're going gay for him bestie." 

"Not like you wouldn't like him Miss Jewel Nam." 

Chanyeol laughed as we strolled down the hallway.
"I bet you, you would." He smiled from ear to big ear, "From my calculations due to the constant encounters the two of you have, along with the insults you 'think' he says, it wouldn't be to soon until you fall for his charm."

I could disagree in so many ways. 

"Ha! You are hysterical Park Chanyeol. No wonder you're a happy virus. Like I would ever fall in love for the likes of him."

Ok, I seriously need someone to smack me across the face. 

I had changed into my spare tank top inside the girl's locker room, along with a pair of leggings that I still forgot to hand back to a friend. A mere tank top like mine would have me dead in the hallway since I'd be violating the school dress code, not wearing my uniform and exposing my shoulders. I've had plenty of time to decide that I wasn't going to wear his sweater on my way to the gym, but as you all know it was either that or receive a call home. 

Obviously I wore it.
The sweater had nothing that represented the school in any sort of way, but the teachers allowed it if I had my ID around my neck for the entire school day.  
I studied his sweater during class for some reason, I wondered what it was exactly that was causing me to have the desire to snuggle deeper into its comfort. I didn't really think about him, not even if he was going to hang around me and Chanyeol at lunch today. 
It was until then when took in a deep breath through my nose. His scent something I have never imagine before. I spent a large portion of my time digging my face in the sweater when I would lay on the desk, trying to convince myself that the sweater wasn't his. 

..Maybe I was insane for liking it. 

The bell rang and the students around me immediately got up out of their chairs and out the door. 
It was lunch time. 

Every student settle their attention towards me considering I'm the only one not wearing a uniform. Amongst the crowd was the cockroach that immediately spotted me the minute I turned to look over at my right. "I see you're wearing my sweater." 

"And I see you still haven't gotten your face checked up." I countered. 

Barf. 
I willed myself to walk away until suddenly Chanyeol appeared on my left. The two of them squished me in between them like a sandwhich and so I couldn't escape even if I wanted to. 

I sighed as we made our way into the lunch line eyeing at the special that was being served for the day. It was like any cafeteria you would see in high schools being portrayed by hollywood. There are columns of food in which you could take what you liked and dishes were ready to be taken along the side. 

Luhan took a seat close to the windows and saved our spots. To this day I question why he bothers hanging out with the two of us. The unwanted people. 

Loading my tray up with a couple of dishes, I turned over to check if Chanyeol was okay with handling two trays. 
"Can I ask again why you are getting his lunch for him?" 

He almost tipped over the one tray on his left hand as he lost his balance for a second. With two of his hands occupied, I pushed up his glasses closer to his eyes so that he would walk with cautiousness and not fall into danger. 

"He's my best friend, what can I do?" 

Best friend my . Chanyeol open your four eyes I'm your best friend. 

"Channie he's just using you! I swear meeting him was a bad idea. Chanyeol you betrayed me." 

After slipping into the chair next to Luhan, unfortunately, another not so pleasant body became present in front of me. 
Oh who is our next lovely contestant? 
Fake blonde hair, fake lashes and cakey makeup faced skinny girl. You're a winner for our Next Top Plastics! This was Im Da Hye, the typical mean girl. 

"Why are you wearing his sweater Jewel Nam?" Her voice girly and high pitched asked, "And Luhan why do you hang out with them? Our group is waiting over there for you." 

Excuse me how did it get around that I was wearing his sweater so quickly? Geez high school.
Wow I'm actually quite shocked somebody knew my name.
I wonder if they would like my autograph in their deathlists.

Da Hye stood patiently with her arms crossed in front of her chest. Yeah that position isn't so patient when I just kinda continued stuffing myself with food. You know I didn't really care if she was mad at me for a reason that isn't even valid. This school had problems with girls overly jealous over nothing. Or even this sweater. 
Oh yeah Luhan actually ignored her as well. 

"Are you both just gonna leave me hanging here? No one ignores Im Da Hye!"

"Well I do." I said to her directly.

The reaction on her face was definitely expected with wide open and her brows knitting together. I didn't realize she was so insecure that she'd immediately be insulted by that, thus grabbing Chanyeol's food and nearly throwing it at me. 

That's right you read it right, nearly.

Luhan stood up from his chair, grabbing miss plastic's arm to prevent her from hitting me.
I grazed over from table to table, most of the cafeteria was staring at my direction in shock. Whispers were starting. 
The only time they would actually look over at us was because two of the most popular students of Seoul International High School were arguing over me. 

I mean I don't blame them. 
I am fabulous after all honey, without a doubt. 

"That's enough Da Hye. Stop being so immature." Luhan's tone was serious. For a second he looked as if he was dignified.

"Immature? I was just going to teach her a lesson not to mess with-"

"She's my girlfriend." Luhan said cutting her off. He was loud and clear.  

WHUT?! 
Oh please no.
His girlfriend? Is he playing a joke on me? 
Am I being punked? 

The entire cafeteria was now stirring. I was now officially on every girl's hate list. Yep my life is over. 

"You're lying to me Luhan," Da Hye's voice wavered, "I thought we had a thing. How do you explain what happened to her this morning? Is that a way you're supposed to treat your girlfriend?"

You know she does have a point.

"I was in a rush since I needed to talk to Mr. Gok. She screamed out my name in anger, yeah I know but I repayed her back by texting my driver to hand her my sweater. I'm sorry for doing that to her and my girlfriend understands. So if you don't, please go back to your seat." 

I turned my attention over to Chanyeol and looked at him in utter astonishment, he was enjoying this as if it were one of his dramas. He stuffed himself with food and didn't care about how all of this was crazy. Da Hye was also as shocked as I was with Chanyeol that it looked as if she had nothing else to say. And in conclusion she just left, left the cafeteria. 

It was silent for a while. This was the biggest issue that has ever happened to me.
I kid you not, I really am a loser model. 

I squinted my eyes as Luhan took a seat back down beside me, eating like nothing happened. 
Does he just expect me to compromise with him? I lifted my hand up high in mid-air and slapped him with all five fingers planted firmly on his back. "You idiot!" 

"Ow what was that about?" 

Could you not act like you don't know. 

I scoffed, rolling my eyes as I turned my attention back to my food for a second, "Do you not realize you just called me your girlfriend? No. Announced it to the entire school?!" 

"Hey there are so many girls jealous of you for wearing my jacket, or even the idea I let you. You should be glad I protected you from your first cat fight." 

Was he trying to insult me.
He took a slurp of his chicken corn soup, then out of no where a smug smile was instilled on his face. I flashed him a strange look for his suddenly peculiar actions. 

"You were probably hugging my sweater in class weren't you?" 

Shoot.
Caught red-handed. 

"You really are shameless!" I countered, but then something happened. 

My breath caught in my throat with Luhan leaning in towards my neck. He then turned his head slightly to sniff his sweater, my body was as stiff as any statue in a museum. 

"It smells just like you." 

 

 

   Author's note:   

Finally posted the second chapter! Thank you to those who are subscring <3 I'm actually so happy right now, I can't even explain it hehe. Please comment and subcribe. Your opinions are much needed and feedback would be nice. Well bye for now :)