Lip smackers: sour apple

Give Love A Chance

Never before have I ever been asked out by somebody.
Yes that means I've never gone to the movies, or a restaurant, or an arcade, or the beach with another homo sapien of the opposite gender. Ok maybe with Chanyeol but y'all know we're only best friends. 
So do you guys know where this is going? 

"Date this saturday okay Jewel. Or should I call you babe?" 

Luhan what does it take for you to get away from my life!

Arriving hours ago and thankfully in one piece, my body immediately directed itself to the bed. Which as of right now is my only friend due to a certain best friend of mine on full support for this fake relationship.

I was really hoping that the entire day would pass of as uneventful and a dream, but reality along with the gods and the universe all teaming up to play a game against me, I need to deal with more ridiculousness from my dimwitted neighbour Luhan.
I even groaned knowing that the weekend of rest I was looking forward to isn't going to happen and that I need to find a detour fast. 

"Don't even call me babe!" I exclaimed, my brows furrowed together in the center and my arms folded as I looked at him through the window, "Look I don't know what game you're playing with me being your 'girlfriend', but I'm not going as far as to ever dating you. And can't you even wait to piss me off even more tomorrow?" 

Luhan had a smile plastered on his face before looking up at the sky and breaking out a single laugh. I knew he wasn't going to take no for an answer. 
Still that didn't mean I couldn't fight back. 

"Woah there someone's a little feisty. Jewel why don't you chill~" 

My anger was not going to hold out any longer. 
One tip of advice birdbrain, never tell a girl to 'chill' 

"Chill? Are you serious Luhan you're telling me to chill?" I yelled. 

Talking to him right now was like stepping on a misplaced lego piece on the floor. 
The anger, annoyance and irritation burning within you. 
I willed myself to continue talking to him even if I wanted to rip his hair out, but I later found myself squishing my face into a pillow and screaming at it instead. 

He was probably laughing at me. 
Screaming and rolling around my bed, attempting to drown away the reality that was hitting me. Still that would never happen because universe scored 2-0. 
Maybe Luhan was right, I needed to cool my head off a little. 

"Why did you tell Da Hye I was your girlfriend?" I asked from the bed, not really wanting to see his face anymore. 

There wasn't an answer for a while. 
My body swiveled towards the window to see if he had left and the answer is no, he was still there. He was staring into my eyes with his head tilted slightly as if he wanted to see my entire face through the window, "It was the only solution I figured would prevent her and other girls from bullying you." 

"Have you lost your mind? You call that a solution?" I shot up from my bed, "That makes things even worse you moron they're going to bully me even more!" 

Can I just pray that the spirit of Albert Einstein enter you for this brief moment?
Just to give me a more logical explanation.
PLEASE!

"I figured seeing that they took your notebook from you during Bio." He had to bring up my time of vulnerability for the day, "It's also easy to say that we break up a little later.. Wait shouldn't you be flattered?"   

My eyes widened.
What?

"Because all of my girlfriends are pretty." 

"Wow! What are you trying to say? That I'm ugly?" 

"Are you my girlfriend?" 

Luhan's body leaned towards the window sill with a stern look on his face, the brat attitude was reappearing. 
Ignoring his stare my eyes averted itself, looking beyong him and into his evil lair. It was pleasantly simple for a guy that was quite coniving. Posters of basketball stars or whatever you call them, a hoop on his door, a desk and his bed was all that I could see.
He was just like every other guy out there, except he was my enemy. 

That's right why should I care if I'm ugly in his eyes or not.
He's not that attractive either. 

Hands firmly on the top of the opened window, he looked happy this time. 
"Date on Saturday all right? Goodnight sleepyhead!" 

I didn't even get a chance to object seeing that he too closed his window and jumped straight to bed.
At this point there wasn't anything I could do but continue pretending.

The past five days have been nothing but acting like a completely smitten girl for over eight hours with my fake boyfriend Luhan.
No breaks, no recess, no nothing. 
I even have a barf bag just waiting to be used, though all I've done was hold the revulsion within me. 

"Did you hear that Luhan and Jewel are going on a date this Saturday?" "I thought she hated him." "I hate her so much, she doesn't deserve someone as handsome as Luhan." "Why her? Why not me?!" "I bet you she got her s done just so she could attract him." 

I've wondered once in my school life why I've never been the popular one.
Was it that I wasn't pale enough, wasn't skinny enough, white looking enough, girly enough, or even fun enough. 
Though now I remember why I'm glad I wasn't because now I miss not being the hot topic, the gossip, the one with unrealistic rumors, and the one that's been unseen ever since. 

Excuse me ladies get a hold of yourself.
I did not get my s done or any other part of my body. 
Stop with the hating, I mean I can't help the fact that I'm a natural beauty and that some of you wish you had at least one part of your body done.. No offence. 

My eyes gazed around the cafeteria, looking at each person from table to table.
You really had to look at people's faces due to everyone wearing the same uniform though there is a risk of knowing that they may get mad at you for looking so intently.
I turned my attention to a boy standing in the center of the lunch room, taking in his milky skin and shiny black hair and then the sudden smirk and playfulness in his eyes as he winked- 

Umm what the heck.

Could you not.

I rolled my eyes back to Chanyeol and Luhan who were talking about their boy stuff that needless to say I poured out my entire attention to the food itself. 
There were no girls I could talk about girl stuff with because in truth I was awkward when making friends with of my own gender. I hope to accomplish having at least one friend that's a female so I can talk about how idiotic these boys beside me were. 
But as of now, that dream will remain a dream. 

"No, you need to give my best friend a day in the movies." Chanyeol pointed out.

Way to plan the date in front of me guys. 

"I don't want to watch movies Chanyeol." I said as I took a sip out of the coke bottle. There wasn't anything wrong with movies, I promise I love watching them...
But guys usually make a move by wrapping their hands around the girl's shoulder in that place. Yeah not my style. I've been slapping Luhan's hand away this past week anyway. 

I want a place where I could be in the comfort of my surroundings. 
A place that as long as I didn't need to deal with flirting sooooo much with Luhan cuz I could care less about this guy. A place like-

"That's it!!" Chanyeol blurted so suddenly my heart jumped out, "Take Jewel to a buffet." 

Now you're talking my friend. 

"And watch my date act like a slob in front of her food? No way man." 

A surge of negative energy flowed through my entire body while looking over at Luhan, my expression is utter shock. No mouths open but just an intense stare. Are you kidding me?
i LOVE food. It is the only way to my heart. 

"Luhan I've known this girl for quite some time now and everytime I hang out with her, food needs to be present." Chanyeol pointed out, "If I can remember, her wish for a first date was in a buffet." 

Yeah you talk bu-

"Chanyeol did you look into my diary?!" My voice raised higher than expected. 

He opened his mouth to say something but stopped when Luhan leaned towards me to say, "You have a diary?" 

My eyes gazed over to Chanyeol then drifted over to the cockroach before I sighed and rolled my eyes at my self for having to blurt out childish acts. I was a kid okay? I didn't know what I was doing and girls around the age of 8 would tend to have diaries.

"Yeah I do." I paused, then thought of a comeback. "Don't you hug a teddy bear to bed?" 

The table beside us turned over their little eyes in our direction most likely from what I just said.
Though I wasn't the one that was being looked at, it was Luhan. 

His forehead unknowingly grew moist as he gave them a nervous smile before whirling back to the table with his head down at his food, brows in the center and his lower lips bitten. "What are you talking about?" He scoffed, "Why would I even do that." 

LIES!
I see that sweaty forehead of yours! And that lip bitin'

"So you do sleep with a teddy bear don't you?" I said in a sweet tease.

"Shut up! I don't okay... Unless you look into my room and see if I sleep ?" 

I can't believe this guy. 
My plan completely backfired on me in less than a minute. 
Man down. Man down. 

"Why are you so quiet? Don't tell me you do look into my room." 

"Who do you think I am? I'm not a ert like you are." 

Chanyeol was back to looking like a super intense TV watcher with his eyes rounded, his hand over his lips to cover his uncontained excitement. It was exactly like the time he watched Rooftop Prince in their intense moments. 

"Do you even have evidence that I watch ?" 

Luhan turned his body towards my direction and I looked into his eyes with a smirk on my face.
Stay strong Jewel, you can fight this guy.

"What you watch ?" I pretended to be in shock. This couldn't get any better until my head turned to Chanyeol and whispered right in front of him, "No wonder I hear him so much." 

Luhan was furious that I could even see smoke coming out of his ears. 

"You know you look like you could also be gay.. Maybe it's just me but I really don't see the charisma and charm and handsomness that other girls see in you."

Now he was red, and I could see where he was hiding his horns. 
I couldn't help but laugh at all of this and enjoy myself as if he was completely non-existent. 
I banged the table loud enough for the other tables around us to hear, the chatter quieting down with people diverting their attention at me.

I paused when my eyes caught movement from my side, and my brows raising curiously when I found myself suddenly being hugged tightly by Luhan. 

I glanced at him questioningly and attempted to squirm out of it. 
But his grasp around me tightened. It was time to pretend I liked it again. 

"What are you doing Luhan!" I asked under the smile.

"Ha you think I'm gay huh?" 

I tried to respond but instead I was left as stiff as a statue, remained in complete and utter surprise the moment a pair of lips landed on my own. Gasps could be heard in the entire cafeteria. Girls wanting to faint and fall while guys are hiding their jealousy (unlikely) and even the kitchen staff took a few peeks.

The world around me was even slow right now.
Chanyeol had the most priceless face of all time and I couldn't even take out my phone to take a picture of it. And speaking of taking pictures, a couple of people were already doing so.

My eyes still wide, I needed reality to hit me.
This was only a dream.. Nope. Luhan is kissing me.
LUHAN IS KISSING ME!!! 

 

 

     Author's note     

Hey guys I'm back with an update for this story! Can I just say this took forever for me to write? And I mean forever because I haven't updated since literally a month ago. Writer's block guys, I'm sorry~ So tell me what you guys think :) I'd like to know in the comment section aha I've been deprived from any real notifications and I just love reading your comments :D You guys mean a lot to me! Please continue commenting and looking forward to reading more and subscribing! Bye guys ♡