What do we mean to each other

Give Love A Chance

He didn't change at all, not one bit. I mean come on, Luhan pulled me in a little too quickly that I almost fell.
Hello? That's a red alert signal my friends. Well I did fall, but at least he saved my head and my back from slamming to the ground.
Either way, I knew he did that on purpose. There's no way I would've fallen like that if he didn't support my back well or pulled me too fast. 

"Ahh! Oww." I whimpered just as I touched the part above my tailbone.
I was dressed once again in Luhan's jacket and a pair of leggings after that terrible gym class. It was awkward keeping this jacket on but there was no choice. Besides the bad stuff happening to me, I was quite thankful that I didn't need to see Luhan anymore after this class as well as being dismissed a little earlier than normal. 

I head to my locker to grab the homework I needed to work on tonight. Yet on my way there, for a strange reason I felt that someone was behind me. As if I was being followed. 
I was being stalked on my way to my locker right? Oh my gosh is there more paparazzi? 
I didn't even get to put on my face powder! 

Stopping for a quick second I then swivel my body around to see if anyone was following me and yeah my instincts were on point. 
Behind a pillar I noticed a pair of hands pressed on it, then guiding my eyes up to this unknown person's face it slowly crept to see if I was still there and hell yeah I was. Luhan was the one following me. 

Ugh of all people! 

This was a school, not a social media app where you can stalk anyone in any time of the day.
As much as I wanted to go up to him and tell him to stop, I decided that it was best I continue down to my locker and mind my own business like usual. So, I turned to the hallway that would lead me to my locker in a condition that I slow down and keep my ears open so I can turn around again and catch him where there's no way he could hide. 

My steps were silent and at times I would occasionally turn my head to the left to see if I can see him a little. 
A quick turn back and he had easily been hiding behind a locker. 

Damn it why is this guy following me? 

Slowly but surely I walk a little faster this time and just as I turned down the hall, I hid behind a locker.
His steps were close as I could the heavy strides nearing me with every second. Hugging my books between my chest and arms, I instantly turn around and attempt to scare him. 

"BOO!" Sadly it wasn't him at all. "Heyyy guys..." A familiar group of faces stood right in front of me and clearly I could hear a fart cushion launch. 

Yeah I was effed up, "Hey look who we have here?" 

It was the popular guys from lunch and from just looking into their eyes they were definitely looking for revenge. 
Attempting to run a little up ahead would've been the inevitable since his entire gang was surrounding me. I was trapped and cornered. The pounding of my heart was not the exact same one as I had with Luhan, for certain I knew this was fear I was feeling. 

"You have no place to go Jewel." The leader spoke out. His smile was wider than the time he was bullying Sunhee.
I knew he was gonna enjoy bullying me. Seriously guys I was a fat jelly, so I'd have fun punching myself too.. Besides that point! The other students were right. No one was able to stand up against them cuz those that would were gonna be looking like Barney for an entire week. 

Feeling my back against the wall, I lift my books closer to me and laugh awkwardly. "So I see this is how you guys get revenge on people. Well to say the least, you guys even get revenge on girls.." 

I wasn't sure if I saw Luhan or not but if that wasn't him, there was a dude looking in from the turn into the hallway. 

"Don't tell me you're scared?" Inhaling the leader's breath almost had me gagging in disgust. 
If I wasn't so afraid of him and this moment needed to lighten I would've suggested mentos, listerine pocket paks, stride gum, trident white, dentyne, extra or even just mouth wash to rid that tuna smell. 

"Of course I am!" I smiled awkwardly, "It's 1 against 6 so how can I go against that?"
I dare not to say it, I dare not to say it, don't say it! "You guys are probably gay."
Now I've tested their manliness.

A bunch of them started closing in on me that I needed to push them away. 

"You think we're gay now?"
With that said they poked my hips, attempted to lift up my jacket and harassed me in any ual way. I was feeling extremely violate that the heat from my cheeks was not just from my vulnerability but because I was starting to feel my tear ducts create tears. 

"PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!" I yelled from the top of my lungs, "Aah! Stop touching me!"

"Hold up just a second!" An unfamiliar deep voice entered the scene and with all the boys turning their heads, I followed along. "She has a point dude." 

Never have I ever seen this boy walk around school campus before. 
He was tall and his shoulders weren't too broad. From afar it was difficult to point out his strong features, but walking in my direction just to stand beside me, I could see his sharp jaw lines and somewhat small eyes. 
He wasn't too bulky nor was he too skinny. So he was about alright, though I wasn't sure how he was gonna beat these guys up. 

The gang's leader puffed up his chest to show off his male dominance and rolled back his shoulders, quickly cracking his neck. 
Grabbing hold of the guy's student ID the leader read out "Kim Taehyung." and laughed, "If I were you I think its best to get out of the way. This is none of your business." 

Our guest here chuckled a little and placed a hand on leader's shoulders, "But uhh dude.. I can't just let you guys go up against a girl that's quite helpless." 

"Well what do you want!" The leader raised his voice, pushing away the hand. "Oh yeah. Why don't we just beat you up?" 

His entire group liked the idea since they were all crowding him now. 
The guy didn't flinch, blink, or even lose confidence in his defense. The charisma he presented had me in awe.

"Mind you guys that uhh I'm not alone.." 

What did this guy mean by that? Clearly right now it was just him, so when he said that I looked around the hallway to see that no one was around to back him up. This guy was bluffing right? No. For an odd reason the popular boys were backing up and I had caught one of them looking down on his knuckles. They were recently healed with its obvious dried up cuts.  
If I wasn't mistaken I'd heard one of them whispering to the dweeb that this guy here recently got in trouble for beating up some other guy from another school.

Taehyung took a single step and the popular guys flinched, fear was evident in their eyes. 

"Let's go guys." The leader commanded and casually, they all walked away as if nothing happened. 

I didn't know what to do next to be quite honest.
This guy was a bad guy but he saved me, making him a good guy (?)
I guess he would be my anti-hero. 

"Uhhh.." I pursed my lips, "Thanks for saving me." 

"No problem." He smiled like an angel, melting my fear away. "Jewel."

Wait hold up you know who I am?
"Huh?"  

"Your school ID." He pointed out. 

School ID? What? Looking down to my stomach I remember my ID hanging around my neck and let out a sigh. Obviously that's how you know a student's name, it's through their ID! Idiot! I scrunched my face up like a sponge and scratched the back of my head in embarrassment. "Ahaha right~" 

"I guess I'll see you around?" 

You can see me anytime~ I'll be there whenever you need me. 
"Yeah sure." 

The two of us smiled and waved a quick goodbye once the end bell rang that moment. Students were rushing out from their classrooms ready to book it out of the school and keeping my lock on Taehyung as we parted ways, he had blended in with the crowd. He was no where to be found. I guess I'd consider him a hero now.
My hero to be exact. 

Luhan's POV

I could sit around moping for hours in the car while Joe (my driver) drives around or I could go up to Jewel and apologize...
Bad idea, she'd think it's all just a joke and so there's no way I could do that. Not ever. I don't even think she'd even forgive me.
What's the point anyway? 

No Luhan, there's a point. You're a jerk for treating her that way and now you're an even worse jerk for not even going up against those stupid kingkas beating her up a while ago. She was in trouble and what did you do? Stand there just watching with clenched fists and no action. 

Now she's got a hero and is probably drooling over him. 

"Sir Luhan." I was snapped from my daze, "Is there a problem?" 

"Yeah but it's nothing really.."
I lied. 

"Sir you know you can tell me anything. I'm already like a second father to you so you know it's best to have this kind of conversation. It's good to let it out because later you might even fart it out and then it's gonna smell bad!" 

He was right. He already was a second father to me since my dad was so busy keeping the company in its best shape. Heck, I'd rather consider him as my dad than my own man. Most of the time I choose to hang out with him in the worker's room just down the main floor, practically the basement and he'd help me with majority of my problems. 

I cleared my throat, "I tried to be nice to Jewel today... Well I'm trying to be nice to her everyday from now on but nothing seems to be working. She just wants the two of us to live our lives as if we've never met before. It makes me mad that I'm trying to take this being strangers thing as a way to introduce myself to her again as a better guy. A guy that wants be a true friend."

"Well Luhan whoever told you that being a bastard to her in the first place was the best way to become her friend?" 

"Now some guy comes saving her from getting beat up and I could just tell she likes him."
I completely avoided that question. 

"My boy, its good that you're trying to be nice to her but if she feels that way there isn't much you can do. You know you're pretty bad at controlling your anger so that's why you blurted out you hated her too am I right?" 

Still I kept quiet in the backseat. I hated how Joe always knew what to say that everytime he spoke up I'd be quiet. 
Eating my own words and lounging around in my own regret. 

"I guess." I finally said. 

"See that's already you're fault Luhan. And please don't tell me you're getting jealous over a single guy. If you really want to be her true friend you should just be happy with whatever she's happy with. If she's happy that you aren't talking to her anymore then let it be my boy. It's her loss." 

"But I want to be friends with her again Joe." I complained in a softer manner, "It's more of my loss than hers."

"Luhan you have other friends don't you?! I'm pretty sure she does if its that easy for her to let go of you."

I know she doesn't have other friends beside Chanyeol.
It's easy for her to let go of me cuz I've treated her so badly and she doesn't want anything else to do with me. 

"Her and Chanyeol are kind of my only friends at that school.." I replied. 

"That's hard Lulu boy.." Joe paused, taking a moment to concentrate on the road. And then suddenly- "Wait a second. Why are you so concerned about getting her back as a friend when most of your life moving around you've never cared about making friends since they never last long." 

That's true. This move was my 15th move from my original home back in the countryside and never did I want to be friends with anyone. Chanyeol is one of my other exceptions since to this day we are bros, but I guess it was because with the others I knew we weren't going to keep in contact anymore. Besides as a kid I never had a cellphone.
How would I keep in contact with them at the time? 
I guess call their landlines but I had other problems to deal with. 

"I don't know.." I finally answered, my brows gravitating toward the center.
The car pulled over at the side of the main road and Joe mumbled something under his breath. "Joe what's wrong?"

"My goodness sir.." 

I was getting worried, "What?" 

"Don't tell me you think of her as more than a friend? That you've finally been hit sir?" 

What was this guy saying to me?
"What do you mean by 'you've finally been hit?'"

"OH MY!" He turned to the front with eyes shut tight and his head shaking in disappointment as he also bit his lips, "You've got a big problem in your hands there Luhan. You don't even know that you've been hit.. That's hard!! It's like a cardiac arrest where you've been unexpectedly hit in the heart."

I inched my body closer to the front seat and rest an arm just on the shoulder part of the car seat. Luckily this wasn't a limo like it usually would've been since now I wouldn't want to attract any attention. But anyways, I looked into Joe's eyes and furrowed my brows as I said, "I still don't get what you mean." 

"Luhan.. I think you're in love." 

 

 

   Author's note   
Oooooohhhh!! This is the very first time this author decided to let Luhan's POV in~ it won't be very often though. Well actually whenever I see the situation is fit for a Luhan POV then why the heck not :) So... Jewel was almost beat up by those kingkas until her knight in shining armour Taehyung comes along. Now who is this guy? Will he be Luhan's rival in love? Speaking of Luhan, he is even told that he is in love by the driver he considers his father. Will he believe it? Chanyeol's texting session with him during lunch the same day is also a mystery. It will all be revealed in the next chapter of Give Love A Chance :) Please subscribe, upvote and comment my lovelies cuz they keep me motivated!! Bye guys ♡ PS. Taehyung is V from BTS.