You're cute

Give Love A Chance

"Jewel are you serious?" 

Chanyeol had a smile plastered on his face before he picked up a california roll with his chopsticks. I knew that he was thinking on what he had said earlier about me having a chance at liking Luhan.
But let's be honest here, I will never ever ever ever like a cockroach in all its cockroachness. Let me tell you that even if Korea doesn't get cockroaches, I have a repellant in my room just waiting to be used. 

0.0000000000001% chance I will fall for him everyone. Meaning never. You have my word. 

"Chanyeol! As if I w-would. Who would k-keep their jacket in the trunk? This stinks!" I tried convincing the two, but I ended up stammering.
It couldn't be helped considering I bit the bottom of my lips and scratched the back part of my head as I was saying that. That's a big contribution into knowing if I had lied or not. 

Yeah, Luhan wasn't convinced at it as well.
I was already beginning to fidget with the little things around me and if you knew me well, that's another spoiler of when I lie. He looked over at Chanyeol, whispering something into his ear then gazed into my eyes with a cheeky grin. 

"Tsk come on Jewel your excuses are grade school material." He argued, raking his fingers swiftly through his hair with his cocky aura appearing, "I already know that you've wanted to chase after me for a very long time. The reason you haven't is because you're only scared that I would reject you, right Chanyeol?" 

Oh is that so?
Last time I checked this guy only a scumbag, now he's upgraded to an a** within 30 seconds.
Congratulations on his new record! 

"Are you really that unashamed?" I shoved Luhan's shoulder aside, "You think you're hot?"

"You ask that as if it's even a real question. Of course many people think so."
The group of girls in the table across from us had looked over our direction, practically with hearts in their eyes and drool hanging off of their mouths as they swooned over Luhan.
He immediately winked at them as if they didn't bother listening to his proclamation and basically melted into their seats. 

I rolled my eyes at him and that group, "Who does? Your mom?" 

"Even my dad." 

Talking to him right now was a complete joke. 
I willed myself to continue eating even if I had lost my appetite, my mind still unable to grasp that two completely opposite personalities had become friends. 

I chose to look outside the window, trying to drown out their voices. 
I swore that I could hear them giggling about how I lied, but that didn't matter to me anymore. 
Whatever with them.

About finishing everything on my plate I figured it was time for me to get ready for my next class.. With Luhan.
He was suddenly staring at me when I whirled my head to take a quick glimpse of them. It seemed as if they planned something behind my back.
Chanyeol tends to have this frequent blinking action when he tries not to laugh, in which his lips were also pursed together into a 'pucker up sweety' kind of look. 

And then a spoon came in front of me out of nowhere, "What is this?" 

"Food duh!" 

No Luhan. Of course I know it's food. 
My head backed up a little, forming my double chin, 
"I mean what are you trying to do with this?"

"Feed you, now say ahh~" 

He was treating me like a baby who didn't know the difference between a plane and a spoon. How sweet right? It's like he's never had a girlfriend before. 
Other students around me were beginning to look over at the both of us again, needing to convince them we were dating.
I just wonder why the gods gave me my first acting practise with him. 

Luhan's arms were getting tired and his fake sweet expression was slowly fading away. His eyes immediately widened as he pointed down at the food on his spoon, gesturing for me to eat it. 
I'm pretty sure if I read well, his facial expression was something like 'Why don't you eat the dang food already' 

It was funny seeing him this way. 
But it was disgusting having to eat out of his spoon and Chanyeol giggling in an overly excited manner. 

"Eeeeeyyy!!" Chanyeol practically shaking lightly in his seat, "You indirectly kissed him~" 

Barf.
What has Luhan done to my best friend. 

"Shut up Chanyeol. You're gross!" 

And with that, I didn't even say goodbye. My plates were already placed on the tray after I had finished so I picked it up and simply walked away from them.
I dropped my tray on top of a shelf and the plates in the organized bins by the food, then made my out of the lunch room.
I pushed my way past the canteen doors and made my way down the hall- turning right into the science hall where my locker was waiting for me. 

During lunch time there were other students in the art room, music room or even the gym for those that wanted to spend their time playing sports. 
I liked Seoul International High School and how it was designed in a modern fashion with many glass in the halls. The walls were white and the classrooms upstairs had a hallway with a giant window on the outer side. It had a great view of the area around us. 
There was a garden outside as well and the trees were taken very good care of by us biology students and janitors. It was a place I used to think in a little. 

My locker wasn't crowded around by girls this time around and so I didn't need to ask them that awkward 'excuse me'.
I took out my biology textbook and notebook from the top shelf then left for class. 

There wasn't much I could do during lunch so I was in class pretty early.
The time I got there, the bell had already rung.

A few girls came in, the three plastics that hung around Da Hye.
They looked just like her with their luscious long hair and fake everything else. Seriously I didn't understand why girls like them purposefully made their voices soft and used those circle lenses to make their eyes look bigger when instead it made them look like aliens. They even acted like 12 years old. 

"Oh look it's Luhan's so called girlfriend." 

A girl pointed at me. If I could remember, her name was Audrey Lim- I mean rat monkey. 
I minded my own business like I would always do when they were around, but that didn't stop them from coming up to me.

"The social climbing dora the explorer. You're now the school's most talked about girl."

Can you say something I don't know?

"And with you hurting our best friend, we'll be planning something to get you out of here." 

Woah is this like F4 or something? Except their all girls and very ugly!
I didn't care about them anyways.
Who were they to frighten kids in school. Tsk if I were their personal hairstylists I would burn all their hairs right this instant. 

I innocently smiled at all three of them and opened up my notebook to be ready for class.
In a flash my notebook had disappeared from my sight and slipped from my fingers, rat monkey snatched it from me. 

"Give it back." I said as nicely as I could. 

"Ohh is she fighting back now?" 

The other girls behind her were laughing along.
Hey hey hey my fighting skills are off the charts. Like actually really bad. 

I found myself standing directly in front of them though, and braced myself before they would start pushing me around. 
What happened though, was Luhan coming into the room and taking my notebook right from her hands. 

There was that same cool aura that he had around him from lunch time.
I don't know what was up with him when I could clearly save myself from them. 

"I see you guys are picking a fight with Jewel." He loosened his tie with a single pull, "Wait can I just clearly ask why you guys are mad at her?  Did she humiliate you before? Or that there are so many girls in the school and I chose her." 

It was weird seeing them so frightened of him like this, that they even made a way for him to take me from my arms then sit me down like a gentle man. 
His eyes were even tender looking.
But dang they didn't even put up a fight with him. 

Looking back at the evil monkey group I tried not to roll my eyes at them as they sat back on their seats, tossing their hairs and reapplying makeup. 

My eyes grazed over at the now cocky Luhan looking smug as always. 
By the way, he's my seatmate. 
"You think you're so cool for saving me?" 

He chuckled, "Aren't I always." 

"Have you not seen me fight before? Its pretty epic." 
LIES!

"Like the kind of fighting you do when the song 'Kung Fu Fighting' comes on?" 

Yes those moves are very embarrassing but I only danced them because I didn't know you were gonna be my neighbour. 

"Speechless. Well that's fine just go back to cuddling with my sweater." 

I scoffed, about to look away when I saw Mr. Gok come into class and meet my gaze. He was our biology teacher, and the one Luhan had to supposedly talk to this morning. 
He was a cool guy and we've done plenty of fun projects with him. It made the class less boring. 

"Alright everyone lunch time is over let's get started." 

He handed us out some freshly printed worksheets and wrote down the pages we needed to read so we could answer the questions.
It was normally our class routine, starting off with worksheets then going over what we learned then ocassionally talk about our next project. 

Of course I went on and concentrated on the work while Luhan tried to annoy me.
"Hey Jewel." I turned around and received a crumbled up paper thrown into my face. "Your nostrils will work as a goal for these paper balls." 

"LUHAN!" 

I got in trouble for yelling in the class after that.
I'm a star student but that doesn't mean I get treated like one. 

The school bell rang, signalling the students that it was finally time to head home and relax. 
Well for some of us.
I got out of the school doors without any trouble of the usual pushing around and yelling into people's ears. The courtyard was slowly filling up with people who were ready to leave, get picked up, or just a couple wanting to play a few minutes of basketball. 

Luhan walked beside me with his arms over my shoulder, I simply grabbed his arm and pushed him away.
He obviously didn't care and continued it even if I gave him my death glare. Which now that I think about it, only works on Chanyeol.
Speaking of Chanyeol
...
"Hey guys! Wait.. for.. me!" 

His backpack waved around a little from the pressure of the pushing crowd.
I didn't know what to do with this guy if I was gone. Oh wait, probably turn into someone I wouldn't even know. 
Yep, the bad influence Mr. Luhan. 

"Are you okay?" 

I started getting eyes looking over at me again while I dusted off the dirt from Chanyeol. 
The chatters amongst the people passing by us were so loud, it was as if they were like that so I would hear them on purpose.
Plastic evil monkeys were coming out of the school with no effort to push, obviously they were looking in my direction. 
Ok seriously their fake eyelashes look like they could all blow out the entire city. 
Not gonna lie. 

"Luhan it doesn't seem like you girlfriend is even giving you the same attention you do to her~" 

Da Hye cackled like the evil witch of the west. The five of them had their drivers all open their doors in unison, and they too enter them in sync. 

"Ugh what a nasty bunch of gossip rat monkeys." I crossed my arms as I headed over to my bike. It was then that Luhan ran past me and unlocked my bike free. "How did you-"

He pointed over at Chanyeol who was doing that typical asian peace sign with his shrugged shoulders. I couldn't even whirl my head around fast enough when I feel a pair of hands pulling me from the waist. 

"Hold on." 

What in the world is going on? 

"Luhan what are you-" 

He sped up his way out of school grounds, shocking me enough to wrap my arms around his waist unconsciously. But before leaving, it seemed like he had something else to do. 
The rat monkeys rolled down their windows already with jealousy streaming through their veins. 

"So girls, don't you wish you were her?" 

I desperately tried not to roll my eyes when he showed me off to all five of them, like I was a prize he had won at a game in the arcade. This cockroach needed to get off my bike and let me bike home by myself. 

Immediately I pinched him on his left side, causing him to jerk up without notice, "Get off my bike." 

"Not until we get home." 

"What?" He winked at all of them along with his typical smirk as he rode off the block, scaring me out of my pants. "Can you stop speeding up?!" 

"Don't you think that it's hard for me to get away from here when you weigh a ton?" 

Oh no he didn't.
I couldn't stop my instincts people. 
I grabbed a full head of his hair with my right hand and pulled back his head just a little. 
If you guys didn't know, guys with long hairs tend to be more sensitive when it comes to yanking it off. My usual escape tip from this cockroach. 

"Ow stop!! We'll both fall off!!" Luhan yelled, his voice a little hoarse as he tried to keep us balanced. "Ow ow ow please Jewel stop! Mr. Choi is not coming to pick me up today because he had to go to his child's recital!" 

Hearing that, I let go of him and pinched him again instead, "Fine just make sure you get us home."

"Don't worry I will ma'am." 

I rolled my eyes again as I turned my attention to the places we were passing by.
Many kids were also out of school and waited for their parents in parks. The trees were extremely luscious with their vibrant green leaves just making everything filled with life. The air was nice as it was earlier this morning. 
And then I realised I haven't done this in a long time. 
It unconsciously caused me to lean my head on his back. It smelled just like his sweater. 

"You think you're cute." 

"What?" 
I swear I heard him say something..

"Nothing." 

 

 

   Author's note   

Hey guys! So for some of you that read my first chapter 3 that was actually not where I was headed with that and I actually had a headache that time making it. But this is the actual chapter 3 and please feel the glee all you want. Ahaha thank you for commenting guys it really means a lot to me. Please continue to comment and subscribe! Bye for now~