Hell on Earth

Give Love A Chance

Freedddooooommmm!!!

Right, that's your guys' expected reaction from me after breaking up with Luhan in front of all those people. I'm pretty sure that news would hit the school blog by Monday but besides that, I couldn't care less cuz now I'm free from torture and from all this acting.
Goodness a week's worth of that was causing my pores to break out. I need a facial fast.

Now if you're wondering how Luhan handled that, well here it goes. 

"Jewel why'd you do that? I was supposed to be the one that ends the relationship not you!"
He was yelling from his window furiously with his face extremely red, smoke coming out from his ears, and I'm pretty sure his horns were peaking out from his head very slowly. Immediately after I said those beautiful 5 letter words I took a taxi home, a little sad that I wasn't going to get my free ice cream, but happy that I got all that over with.

"Hey I'm talking to you Jewel! Open up!!" 

Lounging around in bed at this time was difficult, along with watching any kind of videos because this neighbour of mine is screaming like a little kid once he got home about an hour after I left. Listening to him I swear my brain was gonna end up fried due to his ear-breaking tantrum like screams, childish attitude and that Chanyeol wasn't here to stop any of it.

I looked out at the window from my bed, not showing him my face at all and I can see the anger in his eyes.
I mean why is he mad about this? We were gonna end it off anyways.
Plus fake dating Luhan wasn't going to fix Da Hye's hate towards me cuz it only made it worse. Not dating him was the only solution. 

"JEWEL ANSWER ME!!" 

I willed myself to continue eating even if he was making a ruccus, yet I was beginning to lose patience. 
Deciding that it was best to listen to music on full blast it was drowning out his voice in the slightest bit, but the thing was that it was as if there was a tiny little voice just nagging me to talk to it.
That was it, there was no way to face him better than now. 

"Nam Jewel would you please just-" 

"What?!" I cut him off the moment I opened my window, "Do you have a problem with me breaking up with you?" 

He crossed his arms in front of his chest, "Yeah I do. The deal was that I was gonna be the one to call if we break up a little later or not and you come around deciding that it was best to do it today."

"Excuse me you never said that you were gonna be the one to break us up. You only said that it was easy to say that we break up later so I took the advantage today and did it." 

"Do you hate me or something?" 

I couldn't believe that he was asking such a stupid question.
Was he playing dumb right now or did he really not know that I hated him with a passion.
For so long has he not noticed that I've been yelling at him, giving him mean glares, pushing him away from me or even just feel that I was mad at him even for just standing right beside me? 

I scoffed in disbelief and stared at him in the eye, "Yes. I. Do." 

There wasn't an answer for a while.
My eyes didn't leave his intense stare and it had gone on for almost a minute. The palpitation of my heart was really strong, pumping as much blood in my body as it could and my breathing had become heavy from all this stress. 
I figured that he was thinking about what he's done to make me hate him so much but I doubt that he'd know why. I was still unable to grasp that he had to ask me if I hate him or not. I mean didn't he hate me?! 

"Great! Because so do I." 
That's the answer I wanted to hear. Good to know that you aren't acting dumb.

I took a look up at the sky and the blue colour of it was beginning to fade as the sun was slowly setting. It wasn't exaclty a sunset as of yet, maybe in an hour or two but I could already feel the cool breeze of the night creeping in.
Looking back at Luhan, I spoke. "I guess we've cleared something here." and paused, "I think it's best we become strangers." 

He didn't say a single word about my suggestion but I took his silence as a yes.
My body swiveled towards my bed and I felt that I was finally unchained. A freed bird from a cage.
Turning my head slightly back at Luhan to see if he was already gone, the answer is yes he was. His window was closed and his blinds were down, a rare thing to see.

I did exactly the same. Shut my window, brought the curtains to a close and went to back to bed to lounge around like the lazy couch potato I was supposed to be on a Saturday.
I guess I was back to normal. As if Luhan never became my neighbour.

Monday came pretty fast and it was the start of a new day.
Stress-free, normal, and relaxed was something I didn't expect I would feel in such a long time.
I had even curled my hair out of my own free will and got up bright and early with a smile on my face.
After putting on my uniform I grabbed my bag from the floor and looking at my window, I could see from the small space between the curtains that he hasn't opened his window at all. 

The bike to school was a breeze, no honking or calling out my name was present, and I didn't even land on a mucky puddle of water this time. I greeted Mr. Bong JoonGu a happy good morning as I made my way past the school gates then parked my bike on the bike rack.

"Aaaahhhhh!!!!" From the sounds of those squealing girls it was already obvious as to who was making their way at the side of the school. The popular people. Hearing them screaming for joy had already become a normal part of the school's morning routine that if no one heard it, there was definitely something wrong or the popular kids just didn't go to school. 

I didn't quite mind them for some reason today but turning over to see who was coming out, there he was. The stranger Luhan. 
We both caught each other's attention and our eye contact didn't last any longer than 5 seconds as I withdrew my eyes. Just as I was about to walk away, I bump into Chanyeol who had his phone on his hand.
I already had a feeling he was gonna ask me about what happened on Saturday. 
He gets pretty jumpy when he needs to know something and right now, he definitely was jumpy. 

"What happened on Saturday? Is it true? Did you really break up with Luhan? Jewel answer me. Why aren't you answering me?!" He asked all those questions with a single breath. He didn't even give me a chance to answer him. "Jewel I thought I was your bestfriend! How come I only got to know about this now?!" 

"Chanyeol!" I yelled, catching the attention of some of Luhan's fangirl's and Luhan himself. "Calm down for a second okay. I'll tell you what happened on the way to my locker so come on." 

Dragging him in wasn't too hard but getting past numerous students was. The staircase that would lead to the second level had no trace of human being around and so I told him what happened in detail.
I mean there wasn't much to talk about but I basically spoke of what happened in the theater and the breakup after that. Then I added our conversation from my window and how now I won't be speaking to him. 

With Chanyeol being the only one that supported our 'love team' I could see in his face that he was devastated. Just like he was when his OTP in a certain show wouldn't get together at the end of a drama.

"You okay?" I asked in a subtle tone.

We turned right reaching the end of the stairs then turned right again. My locker was just down the hall, the very end locker to be exact.

He didn't give me flat out yes or no but taking a quick glance at him, he nodded and exhaled a heavy sigh. 
"How are we gonna eat lunch now? I kinda want to eat with both of you but.."

"Channie you're such a baby. You can eat with him every other day." My tone was calm and collected, a few more steps and we were already in front of my locker. It was a pastel blue colour and the locker next to me was beige, then dark blue then pastel blue again.
I patted his shoulders to comfort him for a second and then took my lock and began spinning my combo.
"On the other days you can eat with me. But let me warn you that I won't be eating in the cafeteria every single-"

Out of nowhere, a wet liquid consistency spilled out from my locker and showered over me.
I was soaked in a pink coloured fluid and taking a quick whiff out of it, I was able to pinpoint what this thing was.. Paint.
My shoulders were automatically raised in disgust and I guess this was a replacement for the mucky puddle water. 

"Oh my gosh.. Jewel are you ok-" 
Chanyeol too was cut off from his sentence when the sound of party horns started making its way towards our direction. It was Da Hye with her group of overly ununique rat monkeys. They all had faces that were caked with makeup and their perfume had a heavy-duty vanilla scent that would've probably have any kind of animal run away from her. 

Moving my hair out of the way from my face I simply stood there looking at them in utter distaste.

Da Hye was smiling, "Awwww how cute. Pink really brings out your eyes." 

"What is it now Da Hye?" 

"Oh you know, you stole my Luhan from me so I decided to get revenge on you." I groaned, my distaste for cheap girls was much stronger than I thought. She continued to clap like those stereotypical dumb popular girls, which she was, and popped a confetti bomb at me. The confettie stuck to the paint. "Aren't I smart?"

If you really wanted my honest opinion honey, you'd know the answer is NO!
It's quite shocking that you would even ask that kind of question. You're making yourself even more dumb.
It's sad but I'm really starting to get concerned for your future. 

The hallway was beginning to pile in with students and it was disappointing they had to see me this way. The school was stirring at this point. Is this new day the normal that I expected? Sad, but yes. 

"Mmmm.. Miss Plastic I may have to suggest that you look at the school blog because I am no longer Luhan's girlfriend." 
I anticipated her face to brighten up and it did. She pulled out her cellphone and immediately took the time to read the news. Looking back at me her smile was from ear to ear. 

"Oops." She pouted, "My bad. I only get notifications on news about me so I guess I got carried away on this revenge plan. It looks cute on you though so you should definitely wear that all day."  

And with that she left, only much happier to see that Luhan is under her grasp once more. This was the fate of the day folks, torture from the evil queen herself. 

Chanyeol turned over to look at me with his face scunched up, "You still have Luhan's jacket right?" 

I was late for class again. Chanyeol too was getting the late marks for helping me clean up and I really didn't want him to stay, though he was stubborn and wanted to help out of his own free will. We both had Chemistry for first period and since he was already ahead of the class I decided that it was alright to steal his notes and look at it after school. 

I was in the shower room, rinsing off the paint that was going to linger on me all day. This place came with free shampoo, body wash, conditioner and even a luffa for a complete cleansing. 
About a 20 minute shower had done me good and I walked to my gym locker to change into that tank top I wore last Monday, the same goes for the pair of leggings and finally Luhan's jacket. 

I forgot that I haven't given it to him after the puddle incident and it seems that I would need to keep a hold of this just a little longer. Putting my hair up into a bun, I was satisfied with the way I looked and walked out of the girl's locker room to be greeted with a spritz of mist. 

"Pfffftt Chanyeol what is that?" I asked, waving the mist away. 

"Spray mist! A little lighter than perfume." He informed me, "I just asked one of our gym teachers if they had any and Ms. Lee did! She's so hot." 

"Is this the only reason why you're late with me again? To see her while I get changed in the locker room?" His face started transforming into a pinkish colour and his ears too were flushed. "OMG you have a crush on Ms. Lee?" 

"Wh-What are you talking about Jewel? That paint probably killed some of your brain cells so let's get to class and start learning!" 

Second period wasn't so bad since it was English class and it wasn't like ELA class in those english countries. In here we would learn how to speak the language and spell certain words, know their meanings and talk in English for the whole period.
I studied quite diligently in this period due to my older brother having the time of his life in America while me, my mom and my dad remain in Korea. It's been a while since I'd seen him, so when I knew I would meet him again some day I would speak to him in english and he'd be really shocked at my superb skills. 

The other thing I liked about this class was that there was no one here to bother me. 
I was all by myself and everyone knew each other very well. Well that was until some of the popular guys started throwing spit balls in my direction whenever the teacher wasn't looking.  

The lunch bell came much slower than I expected. It was supposed to save me from all that spit. 
But as soon as it rang, I grab all of my things and walked out of class with my arms crossed in front of my chest. Students around me were pushing and shoving everyone aside just to get to the food. They were all maniacs in lunch. 

There was no need for me to get food from the cafeteria due to my mom packing me one of my favourite foods, bibimbap.
The way she made it was very special and there was always a little surprise whenever she made them. It was always a certain pocket in my backpack and digging through it, I find a note.

'You are my sunshine my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey.
You don't know how, how much I love you so please don't keep my sunshine away~' 

The little happiness I found in reading that not disappeared when I hear the clacking of shoes. 
From the corner of my eyes and with a wiff of the air around me, miss plastic was back with her troupe of rat monkeys. 

"Ohh what are you eating today?" I looked up at her with a blank expression on my face, "Eww that food is garbage! And do you know where garbage belongs?" 

She was about to grab my container when I caught her hand midway. "Don't you dare touch that!" 
Da Hye immediately attempted to pull away from my hold but the more she was doing that, she was only hurting herself. Her elbows waved around, she used another hand to release my grasp but nothing worked for her. 
Pushing and pulling back, Da Hye tipped over the container instead and I could hear my patience snapping. 

"See that's your fault," My hand became too weak to hold on, "Enjoy your lunch~" 

Looking around at the cafeteria to see if anyone saw that, of course everyone did.
Why was I still getting bullied even after breaking up with Luhan. For some reason it feels as if its a lot worse than before. 
As if hell was on earth. 

I had hoped the sadness on my face wasn't going to be evident as I tried to keep myself calm and cool. Though upon searching for Chanyeol in the midst of this enormous crowd of students, I notice a pair of eyes staring directly at me.
It was Luhan, and by the time I looked at him he turned away. 

I know I'm gonna feel weird for saying this but.. Was it bad that I relied on him to save me? Just this once?


 

   Author's note   
Hey guys new chapter is up! Wow I didn't know I could get one up the following day but I am on fire. Of all days Jewel hoped of finally getting back to normal, it turns out she's bullied much more than she thought. Without Luhan to save her, what would she do? Would she ask him for forgiveness and start anew with Luhan? Or keep putting up with all the bullying? And what is this, she has a brother all the way in America? ahah please look out for the following chapters and comment down below on what you think. I really do enjoy reading them :). Bye guys ♡