Operation Cobra part 2

Give Love A Chance

Whoosh. Swish. Rustle.
Those three onomatopoeias are the best ones I could find to describe the edgy silence in the air.

My initial thought was that after saying the 'Okay. If that's what you want need then it's okay,' phrase, he would continue speaking. You know asking questions like 'are you sure?' or blab on about saying I wasn't sincere enough, but that was not the case.
He was still here. In front of me. Staring into my eyes.

Perhaps at least a minute into singing Fantastic Baby in my head, Luhan then opened his mouth only to utter the words, "Okay."
And with a shy smile and a little wave of a hand, he was gone. Off to his evil lair to concoct some other scheme that I should probably prepare for. 

At this point, I'm pretty sure I've attracted enough fruit flies so cue the entry into my humble home.

Out of sympathy for the flowers, I had brought it inside and tended to its needs. Who knows how long these flowers have been out there? And being under the hands of Luhan, they've deserved nothing more than better treatment from a wonderful new owner such as myself. Probably not so much love and attention, as my chatty mother might spill that I've 'forgiven' him when we all know it's just never going to happen.

ANNOUNCEMENT: What a gift Luhan has been in my life (and I mean that with as much sarcasm as possible)!

Funny I say gift, he is clearly more like a punishment. Worse than being on your knees and keeping your hands raised high. Worse than being beaten by a belt.
I shake my head at the thought and
sigh.

At least it was a Friday, a day where I'm allowed to go on and live my life like a person my age should. No, I am not going to be chilling in my bed like I normally do and no, movies aren't something I want to do tonight.
Think... think... think... BRAIN BLAST! Oh, I'm pretty sure some of you have watched Jimmy Neutron as a child. No?
Well anyways, it's time to pig out.

"Ahjumma! Three bowls of rice please~" Chanyeol yelled with his sweet voice and took a large bite of meat. Then with the last spoonful of rice left in his bowl, he stuffed his mouth, giving me a cheeky smile afterward.

Rolling my eyes at this horrid site, I slap him on the forehead, "Ohkjg" he blurts out.
His food partially escaped his mouth and here I am now contemplating whether I should've slapped him after he swallowed his food.

"Ya!" He continued to chew the food left in his mouth, then turned to me after one big gulp. "What was that for?"

"It's what you get for setting me up earlier."

"What are you talking about?"

Are you kidding me? You wanna play around like it wasn't you helping him out this whole time? Even a child can see past this act. "Playing an old man now? The flowers and the meeting at my doorstep. You planned that apology with him."

"Nonsense! He planned that all by himself." He says, stuffing his mouth again.

Fine. Be that way. If only he knew what I was capable of doing at this very moment.
Perhaps a choke hold? A punch in the face? 
Bringing a spoonful of rice up to my mouth, a drop of sweat trickles down Channie's face.
Never mind. He knew what I was capable of.

We were at a Korean BBQ restaurant fairly close to the school, where the ahjumma was nice enough to give us more sides than her own customers. As per usual, the restaurant was getting pretty busy as the weekend nears. From the kitchen, ahjumma looks over at our direction and raises the rice bowls in her tray.

"Jewel," Chanyeol calls. "Shall we party it up today?"

What? I shift my gaze to him and I couldn't believe my eyes.
He was shimmying his body and makes the 'shot' hand gesture.

"What do you think?"

I took a bite off of the kalbi, "You think I'm gonna let you off that easy and win me over with some alcohol?"

"If you want these meals to be free then drink alcohol with me." He says with a cute baby face that did not match his demanding tone. Then again, when did his face ever match his voice? 

"This is the game you play? How dirty and childish."

"Of course! What do you take me for Nam Jewel?"

"A real pain in the a**"

I don't know about you, but having Chanyeol pay for everything was really tempting. 

"JOOJOO HOW DO I LOOK~"

"You're handsome for a drunk man Channie."
That's him if you were wondering. Now is he legal? Yes, unfortunately, yes he is. It was when I had given him the permission to do whatever he wants and it was when I should've known... I've done goofed.

"I'm NOT DRUNK," he takes the last few sips of soju, "I'm the Happy Virus remember~"
With his fourth bottle now empty, I didn't think things would be difficult when it came to drinking with him.

"Well, you're not making me happy now buddy." 

"Of course I'm not when you're calling me a puppy!" He blurts out, falling from his chair.
Sitting right next to him, I don't even know how I didn't see it coming!  

Grabbing a hold of his arm in attempts of pulling him up to his seat, Chanyeol had that evident drunken smile plastered on his face.

"EVERYONE~ SHALL I SING FOR YOU?"

What have I done to deserve this?
I pull him upright and from the looks on everyone's face, the answer was as easy as pie Chanyeol... NO!

The anger, the irritation, the annoyance he was stirring up in everyone's blood was gonna kill us sooner or later. My guesses were that it would kill us in minutes.

"You know Joojoo, these people are tough pleasers." He says, now breaking into tears.
Oh my god what? How are you crying!?

"Why is it that no one ever likes me?"
Goodness, please don't ask me any more questions.
"Is it because I'm tall? Looking down on all of these tiny humans like I'm superior to them? Is it because of my ears? I don't have the power to fly like Dumbo okay!" 

And of course, how could I not have expected that! That's it.
Slapping Chanyeol on the back I then clench my jaws, pull his face directly to mine, and flare up my nose, "Ya come to your senses."

Silence. He was processing the words in his head.
I knew now that I must wait for any sudden strikes.

"Fine." He complies like a sober man. And then...

He gets up, only to stand on his chair and starts singing the infamous trot song Unconditional by Park Sang Chu. The crowd was starting to warm up to his singing and very entertaining aura, the man next to us was not one of them.

As I watch Chanyeol in shock, he is kicking the 30-year-old man on his back only because we had been seated at the corner of the restaurant (where it is coincidentally the best side that overlooks the whole restaurant).
"Chanyeol stop you're hurting him!"

Before Chanyeol could land another kick, the man turned around and pushed his foot aside.
His face was far redder than any tomato I've seen in my life.

"I'm sorry. My friend is drunk." I say, then drag Channie back down to his seat with a strength I never knew I had. A flick on the forehead brought his rational senses back for a short while.

"I'm sorry sir."

The man clicked his tongue and shook his head in annoyance, "Do something about your drinking problem." His voice rose near the end.

A friend of his grabbed him by the shoulder and he too shook his head, as if to tell him to let this pass because we were going to ruin their night.
How did I know that? To be honest I'm not very sure.

"No, these high schoolers should be staying at home." He glares, the scowl on his face evident. "Ya. Don't bother others when you're drinking. You know if you were my younger brother, I'd shave off your hair and lock you in your room."

Excuse me? Nobody, not even this old geezer can say that about Chanyeol.
"What did you say about my friend?"
Yes, I will still ask to give them an opportunity to speak up before I break their jaws.

"What? I said what I wanted to say," He raised his chin and continued his wide-eyed glare, "Do you have a problem? How dare you." 

His same friend stood up this time and gently tugged wise guy here back to his seat. This time he had spoken up, "That's enough man. These losers don't know anything."

You called us a what now?!
"Losers?" I cracked my knuckles, "Let's see who the real losers are." I roared, kicking the wise guy's shin in the process.

"Joojoo, calm down, don't worry."

I'm sorry what Chanyeol?
I can't hear you over the sound of their bones cracking in my head.
Give me a few seconds, okay?

"You guys are such cowards to talk to us behind our backs." I taunt, "You call yourselves men?"

"Look I don't want to fight a little girl like you so just apologize and leave."

Wow is this man deaf or what?
"I already apologized. Get lost."

"What did you say to me?" He asks.
Well doesn't that just clarify that he is deaf!
"How dare you speak to me with no manners."

"I said get lost, didn't I? Men like you don't deserve to be served here."

"STOP IT~" Chanyeol yelled over us, gesturing a time out.

"No Chanyeol, this man is rude so he needs to get out of here."

The wise guy chuckled, pointing a finger right at me he states, "You're not a woman."

That's his comeback? LAME.
"Then sir, tell me, am I a man?"

"You're uglier than a man!"

"Have you seen a mirror? You look like the nurse dropped you when they saw you!" I retort, "Don't you dare look down on women."

"Aren't you aggressive! You think I'll go easy on you because you're a woman?" He takes a step closer, his chest out, and fists clenched, "Oh right, sorry, you don't even look like a woman with that flat chest of yours."

Chanyeol? Are you still there? Please do something.
I can't move. My eyes are starting to tear up, please do something.

"Is that silence I hear? Wow," He inches a little closer, close enough for me to feel his breath. "You were quite aggressive, but in the end, you've submitted."

In a blink of an eye what could happen?
I turn around and drag Chanyeol with me out the door? I let the tear fall from my eyes as if to let him know that I lost? So many things could happen in a blink of an eye, and watching Luhan punch the guy was not one I could have ever imagined...

 

 

   Author's note   

You guys still alive? Well, guess who came back from the dead and wrote another chapter? I know I know it's been a while, but thank goodness I've gotten rid of my 2-year writer's block right! No? Yeah it's unforgivable, isn't it... Now my-my Luhan has come to save the day! Could this possibly loosen that cold heart of Jewel? We'll see ;) Hahaha anyway how's the new chapter? It's been a while since I've written anything so please do comment down below. Until next time~ ♡