Cockroaches (To live or to die)

Give Love A Chance

Please disappear.
No one likes you.
Fall off a cliff or get hit by a bus please!
That's right Luhan I'm talking about you. 

You know not many people would have a deathlist inside their diaries, although in my case I do. Yes you may be thinking that I am a cold-hearted person or that I have a very dark soul that is unable to be penetrated. Well guess what? That's ONLY true to my next door neighbour Luhan. 
I have always wished for him to disappear every night, but I would somehow wake up to find him smirking at the window across from me. Yup. His bedroom is across from me. 

I glanced over at the door of my humble quarters to find my mom looking at me as if I was in trouble, and I sighed. I probably was in trouble. Mornings were expected to bring happiness and joy- but I, for one don't believe in it with an uncontrollable pest around. 

"Wake up buttface you're gonna be late!" The cockroach cried out in its annoying voice. "Good morning Mrs. Nam~" 

My mother of course being the caring and friendly person she was, greeted my enemy with a smile. She is a woman that speaks her mind- her smile was warm and comforting and she would go out of her way to bake up something for our neighbours. 
That's right folks, she's your friendly neighbourhood Mrs. Nam. 

Knowing that waking up late was in all probability the only reason why my mother was up here, I slid back down under the blanket with a pillow wrapped tightly in my arms. I just really didn't want to get up. 
I mean who would when it's a Monday? 
That's right, no one would.
...

"Joojoo!" She had to call me by my embarassing nickname. "Get up! Your not a baby anymore. You need to get ready or you won't have time to eat breakfast." My blanket was stripped away from me in one swipe, my pillow in the next and soon enough I was able to feel the breeze from my shorts. 

She was obviously right. It was time for me to get up and get ready for another day at school. One thing's for certain with my mother was that I wasn't allowed to look like a sloth. She set my bows down on the computer table and turned my curler up to the right temperature. 

If you didn't know why I can't look like a sloth, it's because I'm a model. Yes I know models tend to be well known... Well not me I guess, but it was still something my parents were working on. 

I was never interested in that kind of career, or even thinking of myself as a model. In fact the only reason I kept doing it was to help my parents with financial problems back when I was 10. I'm actually so annoyed with it- I didn't understand why they had to portray girls with thin waists and little stick bodies when beauty was in every girl. 
I have the face Korea wants, but I don't.  

Which is exactly why my parents are pushing me to get back on track. As if! 
I'd rather sit around the house and be a lazy potato than be tortured by having cameras flashing at me as I attempt to keep my eyes open, without having to appear creepy. 

You would think its a great job but.. It doesn't even come close to having fun with friends. 

I can't help but groan and moan and complain and pout. Sometimes being a goody-two shoes has its cons. 

I finally decided to snap myself out of my own self pity and got up out of bed before receiving any sort of whooping in the morning. Making my way to the bathroom down the hall, it was a typical routine that anyone would do as soon as they awaken.
Yep, I peed. 
Obviously after that comes the washing of the hands and the face so there isn't much to tell. 

Seoul International High School is the school the cockroach and I are educated in. It offers a complete spectrum of courses required for university bound students as well as an elective course in the Performing Arts. Luckily the uniform wasn't ridiculous.
I had to thank the gods for their modern take on our school uniforms- My skirt was a decent length and did not exceed past my calves, collared white shirts with a bow, along with a vest to dress it up or down as we please. 

Leveling out my pleated skirt and curling the last few pieces of my hair, ruffling through it for that messy look, I decided I was presentable enough for my mother. 

To be honest it creeps me out when a few pair of old man eyes check me out. 
Sometimes its the reason why I want to dress like a slob.  

Bending down to about a 90 degree angle, I grabbed my bag off of the floor before trekking down to the kitchen where my food had been waiting. Probably as long as before I woke up.

However before exitting from my room, something from the window had caught my eye. 

I peered out of my window as my curiosity grew. It seemed to be words on a chalk board. 

Waiting for me? 

Waiting for him? Ugh me?! 
That brainless pathetic devil.
Could he just not be around me 24/7? Like live in another country? Or even another galaxy would be better. 

I scoffed, rolling my eyes as I brought my attention back to getting to the kitchen. 
My mom was seated on the kitchen table with coffee in one hand and a magazine in the other. Gazing at the generous amount of american breakfast foods laid out on the table I didn't even care if it was cold. 

It was fooooooooooooooood. 

The cool morning breeze brought up an involuntary smile on my face as I rode my bike to school. 
I wasn't late at all. In fact I wasn't even late to begin with. The overreacting of my mother had me speed up the process of getting ready under 20 minutes. Now that's a record. And the cockroach had to be the first thing I hear.
Birds would've honestly done a better job than him. 

My school wasn't so far from my new home and my dad insisted I take out the bike for a spin once in a while. 
If you didn't pick up what he meant by that well, he's saying I'm round and chunky. Yep. A fat a**.

I glanced around, surveying my surroundings. A bunch of students were on their way to school with some walking, biking, busing, or even getting dropped off. We were all wearing the same uniform, though we had a sort of air that differentiated each student. 

The guard/gatekeeper to the school was Mr. Bong JoonGu. He was the nicest man, greeted every student entering school property. And of course in every school there would be the stereotypical groups hanging out with each other. There's the popular group, the nerds, the peppy girls and...
I was just kidding. Only the popular group was stereotypical.

I flashed a smile to the people walking along the side walks as I swiftly made my way past them. I turned to the bicycle lane and waited patiently with the traffic light on red. Two blocks ahead and a turn to the right I would reach my destination. 

"Jewel!"

There's that irritating pest again. "What do you want with me Luhan? It's early in the morning and you're already annoying me." 

It was his horrifying need to piss me off by just being his cocky self and remaining present around me gave me the need to rip out that mouth of his and throw it up his crack hole. 
I am not that friendly in the morning or the afternoon or even at night when in my sleep. Luhan ruins everything. 

"Tsk. It's not my fault I startled you? Get in my car and we'll head to the school."

Uhmm what did he just say?
Is he inviting me to impress me with his ventilated limousine or something? 
What in the actualy fudge is going on. 

I didn't answer his 'suggestion' or whatever you would call what he just did as I straightened up myself. 
He waited patiently for my response, yet I gestured a no and turned my head away from him. 

"Are you serious Jewel? Would you stop acting like a brat, you're already really dark that you could be considered a part of Southeast Asia. Have mercy on your skin will you?" He hissed. 

I really didn't have the time to start a fight at the moment. 

"Why don't you have mercy on your soul? If you didn't notice you have a really bad attitude." I snarled, the tone of my voice became harsh. I was kidding! I wanted to fight.  

"Ha! At least I had pity on you. Come on just get in the car and we can go to school together before I get even more mad." 

Never. Never in my entire life will I ever get in a car with you! 
But ummm Luhan you might not just be a cockroach after all. You could even be a ert. 
Congratulations. Slow clap for you. 

Cockroach himself was studying my existence, moving his eyes up and down from my hair to my toes. I huffed out a heavy breath, rolling my eyes at his stupid Ray Ban shades. His existence was also questionable. 
Luhan crossed his arms at me as I turned to look up at the traffic light. I could feel it was going to turn green soon enough. Like how Kovu taught Nala to feel the ground beneath her paws. Lion king reference! 

Wait where was I? Oh yeah I turned my head back at him with my irritated face. 

"I told you I didn't want to already didn't I. No means no. Isn't that even getting to your ears? Or is it just entering one ear and comes out the other?" I stared with rage, "Can you please get out of the way?"

Okay okay I know what you guys are thinking. Was I a little rude? Yes. But you can't help but become rude when he's just there. I'm sorry guys... yeah no I'm not sorry at all. 
I knew many guys like him that were overly cocky.
They were all over the place. But.. Obviously he was the only one to piss me off this much. 
Luhan the devil. The cockroach. The pest. You guys will also call this guy that everytime I come across him.

"AAAAHHHH IT'S LUHAN!" Judging from the sounds of that, his fangirls were already awaiting for him at the entrance. All of them just so crazy to meet him. Like he was some kpop celebrity or whatever. 

I shook my head in shame for those ladies and continued to bike a little faster than his car with the traffic light changing to green. 
I was attempting to drown out the squealing of every girl that was in love with him and found myself somehow getting competitive on the short way left to school. 
Meh. I guess it just became a habit of mine to try and out beat this stupid jerk.
This was turning out to be a little race. 

His driver sped up for the final block in which the turn to the school would occur. I was falling back a little but I continued to bike my best. Making my way halfway through the last block, I glanced up ahead to discover a little puddle by the sewer drain. 

.....

Revenge. 

Revenge was I needed most. I feel the urge to get back at that monster. 
I couldn't believe he would've done that to me. 

I guess my wish of looking like a slob came true after all. How could he? 

Spoiler Alert: 
I feel disgusted. 

I was ready to get myself out of getting soaked by that puddle of muck looking water until Luhan yelled through his window with great excitement. 

"Hey Jewel, did you read the message on the chalkboard?" Luhan smiled, like a little kid. This means danger people. Danger!

"Yeah so?" I answered with body wavering, slowly causing me to lose my balance. Unsure as to why he asked, that childish smile was still planted on his face. 

I was near the sewer drain. Yes, scary. And my brakes had to malfunction on me. Yes, even scarier. What great timing people isn't it? 
Yeah well if you're guessing that I fell into that muck water, well you're wrong. 
Stop getting ahead of yourselves people. Sheesh. 

His driver made a sharp turn, allowing the water to splash all over me and leave me on the ground soaking. It doesn't matter if you couldn't imagine it. Just the fact that Luhan was laughing like the Tazmanian Devil.

Everyone in the school must've seen this embarassing moment. This was not my kind of morning.

"LUHHAAAAAANN!!"   

 

 

Author's note:

So hey guys. First chapter is up and I hope it wasn't a bore for you guys. I'm sorry for any certain grammatical errors or any awkward sentencing. Please comment and subscribe and I hope you guys will await some more chapters.  Bye~