Chapter 9: The Oppa

Just a Fan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 9: The Oppa

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

(chapter poster by -a3gyo- of Flawless Graphics)

 

Not to be able to decide on where to go, we ended up at MOA. But I was feeling tense with the people staring at us. No. More like at Chanyeol. Is it because they recognized Chanyeol? Or maybe Chanyeol is just too tall? Or too handsome? Ugh. Why does he have to be this tall and this handsome?

Afraid that one of those strangers might be a Kpop fan, we immediately went inside Starbucks. Before I ask what he wanted to order, he told me that he will be the one ordering and ordered me to get a seat for the both of us. I gave him my money but he insisted to pay for me. Oh the gentleman Chanyeol is on right now.

He asked me what I wanted and told him that he can pick for me, so I went to the other side of the shop to look for a comfortable seat for us and waited for him.

Chanyeol arrived with 2 Caramel Frappuccino and sat in front of me. Ohh right, how could I forget? Of course he would be ordering coffee. I took a sip of the Caramel Frappe but it tastes bitter to me. I don’t really kind of like drinking coffee. I don’t know why. I just like the smell of coffee. Nothing more.

But I don’t have a choice, it was my fault to tell him to order whatever for me and it would be rude if I would exchange this frappe right now. This is not the first time anyway… the 2nd or 3rd?

Our silence broke as he started bombarding me with questions.

“So what happened? Are you sick or something? Something is really off.” He started asking me.

“No-nothing really.” I immediately answered. Damn why did I stuttured? I took a sip of the bitter frappe.

His eyebrows met and started talking again. “There is something. I know there is even for a glance. Even your friend, Carlette noticed it. Now tell me.”

I AM JEALOUS. Really really jealous. You don’t know why I am acting like this? It’s because of you and Carlette. You’re being too close to her, you always talk to her, you only understand each other, not letting me know what you guys are talking about, you being chummy with her, and most of all, you being with her.

What is happening to me? Why am I over reacting? I shouldn’t be like this. I’m not even his girlfriend and we just met each other days ago and Carlette is my friend. Huuu~ I am just a fan… just a fan from the start.

Don’t let yourself act like this, Raine. You told yourself that you wouldn’t act like a fangirl… but not acting like a girlfriend of his. Stop being delusional.

I looked at him. He was still staring at me, waiting for my answer. 

I don’t know what to say anymore. I finally gave him a smile. A smile which shows that I’m already contented that I have met him personally, that I was able to know more about him, that I was able to eat with him, communicate with him, drive around the city with him. I have been lucky all these time that any fangirl would also feel this way in the same situation. I gave him a smile… a pure smile of a fangirl? Maybe, but more of a smile from my feelings.

 

 Chanyeol’s POV

I was waiting for her answer. But instead of words, she gave me a smile. She smiled. Nan wae ireokhae (Why am I like this?)? Why am I feeling weird? Michinneom (Crazy)… it was just a smile for God’s sake. I have seen a lot of smiles from fans, friends and other people but why does her smile make me like this? She’s just a fan, Chanyeol. Keunyang fan.

Her smile that made me speechless still made me frozen at that moment. I was staring at her smile that vanished away when a guy suddenly popped up from behind... he was obviously a Korean, he is a bit shorter than my height and his face value is surely lower than mine. I laughed in my inner voice.

“Rae In ahhh! Is that you?” He went closer to Raine.

“Omo. Hanbinnie oppa!!! Long time no see.” She squealed in a high pitch tone and stood up.

Oppa? OPPA? She never even called me that even for once. I scrawled.

“Two years? Or three? It has been a long time.” He said and Raine went in front of him and hugged him. Tight.

Wow. What am I witnessing? I badly wanted to separate them but I can’t move my body, keeping me in my place. I fake a cough out and they were able to separate immediately and looked at me. Raine doubted if she would tell him who I am, I gave her an ‘okay’ sign to introduce

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter