Chapter 10: The Surprise Visit

Just a Fan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 10: The Surprise Visit

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

(chapter poster by -a3gyo- of Flawless Graphics)

Chanyeol's POV

Are we supposed to tell her what we had conversed? I glanced at that Hanbin guy but he doesn’t seem like he’s going to tell. Suddenly an idea popped inside my head.

“This guy told me that he need to leave since he got an appointment today.” I grinned at that Hanbin guy as I lied. But I think that he really have an appointment though. Then I looked at Raine who made a gloomy face.

“Ahh really? Right, I only forced you to stay. I didn’t know you were busy… It’s okay, you can go now, oppa.” She told him, leaving him no choice but to leave.

“Sorry Raine, today was just unexpected, I’ll make it up to you next time, I promise.” He was annoyingly holding her hands.

She nodded at him. “You still owe me, you didn’t even tell me that you came here. When did you arrive?”

“Yesterday… sorry.” He apologized and glanced at Raine’s frappe. “Is this frappe? Is this yours, Raine? I thought you don’t like coffee?”

I coughed. “Ahh really?” She doesn’t like coffee? Then why is she drinking it? Is that why her coffee is still full?

She laughed. “It’s okay… it’s not like I’m allergic to coffee. I can handle it. Anyway aren’t you going, oppa?” She was shoo-ing him off.

“I’m going, I’m going.” Then I saw him whispering to Raine, then he bid goodbye and went away. I was just standing there looking at Raine as she watch his body disperse…

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked as we sat again.

“Tell you what?” She asked, acting innocent.

“That you hate coffee. You should have said so.” I told her.

“Well I don’t really hate coffee, I am just not a fan of it and you already bought it, so why need to complain?” She said.

“You could have still told me to exchange it.” I mumbled to myself knowing she would still hear it. She just smiled.

We were still sitting silently when I remembered her calling the Hanbin guy ‘oppa’. I laughed at myself. “Oppa, huh?”

“Eo?? Ahh, Hanbin Oppa. Why?”

“Why do you call him oppa? You’re older than him.”

“It’s just 2 months and I just want to call him oppa.”

“It’s better not to call him that.”

“Why can’t I? I’ve been calling him oppa for years. I just wanted to call someone oppa…” She gave me a sad face.

I cleared my throat and said, “Then, call me oppa instead. I also wanted someone to call me oppa.” I was not looking at her, I felt embarrassed.

“You already have Carlette to call you oppa, and your fans.” She told me.

“That’s because Carlette wanted to call me oppa, I just agreed since I don’t want to be rude and fans are a different story… ohh right, all my fans calls me oppa then you who never called me oppa, calls yourself a fan?”

She was speechless for seconds then said, “I had called you oppa… at your concert just like your other fans.” I laughed with a hint of sarcasm.

“See? That’s why I said fans are a different story. It has this different feel if you call me oppa as a fan and call me oppa as a normal one.” I reasoned out. 

“So what are we really arguing about? Calling Binnie oppa, ‘oppa’ or not calling you oppa?” She asked.

"Both." I don’t even know why I am blurting out this stuff. It just really annoys me. I glanced up to see her reaction but she just sit still in silence.

“Let’s go home.” She told me as she suddenly stood up.

“Waeee? (Whyyy?) We’re not even done talking. And you didn’t even answered my question.”  I said but I saw myself following her grumpily.

On our way to the get the car, she suddenly stopped walking and turned her back to me and asked, “Do you remember where I parked the car?” Is she serious? She looked serious though.

She was serious. She really doesn’t remember where we parked the car. Though it was my first time here, I was able to look, find and remember where we parked Carlette’s car. How would she be able to live if she’s like this? She’s just like Lay hyung, always lost.

Oh right, the night I bumped into her, why was she still there at that time? Heoksshi… (Maybe…) she also lost her way back then? I snorted silently.

On our way back to her place, it was really quiet so I opened up our topic earlier, “About earlier, I just wanted you to also call me oppa.” I was staring at her, waiting for her response but she just cleared as the radio. So was that a yes or a no?

I don’t know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter