Chapter 5

Our Little Secret

(The Next Week)

We were at Eddy's place..or shall I say OUR place. We were planning for our venue, flowers, food, centerpieces, dress/suit shopping, music, date, and invitations.

Eddy sat on the bed, while I sat on the floor. I needed space to organize everything, from notebooks, pictures, and magazines.

"Ok. So first, what date should it be?" I asked. "I dont want anything corny" 

"Yeah, like 11/11/11" He said.

"Its not even 2011" I said, in a "you're stupid" tone.

"I know. Im just saying it as an example. Ok, how about about like 12/13/14?"

"Oh goodness, now thats really corny, plus its so far away. I dont want to drag this process out, but the date should mean something special..to both of us" I replied.

"Then what about August  5th?" Eddy asked after a few moments of silence.

I looked up at him. 

"Why? It's a terrible day. Nothing to celebrate, plus it doesnt have any special relevance to you" I told him, seriously.

"It has a very special meaning to me" He said. "It was the day I met you...my best friend"

That caused me to smile.

"But thats 4 months away, way too soon" I said, disagreeing. 

"We can pull it off. I know it and also think of this, its a way of your parents being there"

I thought about it for while, that is true. Nobody else in my family will be there.

They all disowned me after the crash. They say its because of my "attitude and anger problems", but whatever. I havent seen them in over 15 years. 

"Okay 8/5/14 it is then" I smile.

Eddy got off the bed and sat next to me.

"Date? Check!" He said, crossing it off the long list I had made. "What's next?"

"Um, venue" I said. I picked up a magazine on the ground and flipped through the pages. When I first laid eyes on this place, I knew I wanted to get married there. Although I never pictured my groom would be Eddy.

"Hayman Island" I smiled, pointing at the picture. "It opens up in a few months, and I want to be one of the first, if not, the first person to get married there. 

"With such a short notice, I dont know if we can guarantee a spot there" Eddy, ruined my spirits.

"But I cant picture myself getting married anywhere else but there" I whiined.

Eddy sighed. "Do you really want it that bad?" 

"Yes. More than anything" I pleaded.

"I'll see what I can do" He said.

"Yay" I screamed from excitement, clapping my hands. 

I gave Eddy a hug and we continued our planning.

"Venue? Check!...Sorta" Eddy said. This time, not crossing it off the list.

"Ok, so music" I said.

I reached over Eddy to grab my phone. I dialed a number and put it on speaker.

"Hey beautiful" The voice answered.

"Seriously! Simba, what does your wife think about your flirtatious attitude towards me?" I yell at him through the phone.

I can hear him chuckle on the other line. "What did you call for?" He completely ignored my question.

"Do you know a DJ that isnt booked for August 5th?" I asked.

"Not from the top of my head, but I can make some calls" He said. "Why is that the day youre planning on having the wedding?"

"Yeah" Eddy spoke.

"Why so soon- wait isnt that your parents death anniversary?" He asked.

"Yeap. It was Eddy's idea. So that they can celebrate it with us. Isnt that smart?" I asked Simba.

"Very! Im so proud that you came up with such an amazing idea Eddy" He said.

"Are you saying that none of my ideas are smart?" Eddy shot back through the phone.

"No offense, but sometimes your ideas are a little wacky" He replied.

I heard Eddy gasp and I knew these two would go at it the whole night so I cut in before Eddy could make a comeback.

"Well, thank you so much Simba. I appreciate it, call me when you get more news" I thanked him.

"No problem. By the way, i'd call you any-"

"Whatever, bye Simba" I hung up.

"Ok. Music..Kinda check" I laughed at what I had just said.

 

(Two Days Later)

I walked out the shower to find Eddy still asleep.

I sigh, walking over to his sleeping figure.

I was about to shake him awake, but I stopped mid-action to observe his features.

The way his hair covers his face. His thick arched eyebrows, almond eyes that turn into crescent moons when he smiles, long narrow nose, and his pink lips. The bottom, slightly thicker than the top.

He seems so peaceful and relaxed when he's quiet and sleeping. Why cant he just keep his mouth shut all the time. He's so obnoxious.

I heard faint noises coming from his lips and I moved closer to hear. Was he talking in his sleep?

I got as close to his face that I could. I could feel his hot breath on my face. 

I turned my face, bringing my ear to his mouth to get a better listen. 

I heard my name coming from his lips. I moved closer so that I could figure out what he was saying.

"Why not take a picture babe, if you think im that good looking" He kissed my ear.

"Ew!" I jumped on top of him, beating him with pillow.

"Get up, we have an appointment with the florist in two hours" I yell at him.

I repeatedly hit him with the pillow.

He grabbed my waist and flipped us over, and I screamed. 

He stared down at me for 5 seconds, then he stood up and walked to the bathroom and I heard the shower turn on.

I laid on the bed for a couple more seconds.

"Get a hold of yourself Aaliah" I scolded myself, lightly smaking my cheeks.

I left the room and walked to the livingroom and the tv, waiting for Eddy to finish showering.

We walked inside the building and greeted the lady. She has two others workers, also women. They gave me weird looks.

She took us out back to see all the fresh flowers and it was like flower heaven.

"Oh my god" Eddy said. 

"Seriously!" I said. "This is going to take forever" We both laughed.

The lady started giving us a tour and she was explaining each of the flowers, and what each of them represent.

I started getting the feeling that Eddy was bored, so I wanted to get some of his opinions and ideas. 

It is his wedding too.

"Which flowers would you like?" I asked, grabbing his hand.

"Um. I dont care, just get any kind" He said.

"That's not very reasonable" The lady said to Eddy. "The groom should put his opinion in this too" She continued.

Eddy sighed. I could tell this lady was irritating him. He hates when random people get in his business.

"Well I think flowers are stupid. I dont know why women want them in their wedding" He said. Letting go of my hand, he walked to one side of the room, pretending to look at the flowers.

"Wow, you're fiance is very hot tempered huh? " The lady continued.

The more she talked, the more it bothered Eddy, which bothered me. 

I decided to hurry up and choose the flowers and leave, before I started to get angry.

"Um for the centerpieces, i'll take that"

"And for the bouquet, i'll take that"

"And those for any random thing to put flowers on"

I still wanted to stick to my blue theme.

The lady calculated the amount for me with her tiny calculator. A receipt popped out and she told me to walk to the front so I can pay with the girls up there.

I turned the corner to the front and saw the most disgusting thing.

The little worker was leaning over the counter, her s were ready to bust out her tiny button up shirt.

She was leaning over as Eddy was whispering in her ear. She was giggling and twirling her fingers through her hair.

I grabbed the money out my wallet and slammed it down on the counter, making both of them jump. 

"Keep the change" I said, walking away.

You dont know why that made you so mad, the only thing you could do was storm out of there. Its not like you two are actually in a relationship..

You were walking and stopped at the bus stop, waiting to go to your next appointment. 

You grabbed your phone and dialed a number. You patiently waited for them to answer.

"Hello!" You heard his calming accent.

"Mak, are you busy right now?" You asked.

"No, I just got off work. Whats up?"

"Can you meet up with me for the cake tasting?" I begged.

"Sure, my love. Where's Eddy?" He asked.

"Probably getting frisky with that tramp" I mumbled.

"What? I cant hear you!" I sighed.

"Nothing. See you there" I hung up.

I looked up and I saw the bus coming.

I took out my cash and paid my fare, walking to the back of the bus.

I sat down and stared out the window the whole ride.