Chapter 6

Our Little Secret

*Knock Knock*

The sound of knocking calmed me. Im glad Eddy finally agreed to get rid off that doorbell.

I waddled to the door and opened it, revealing Mrs. Singleton.

"Good Morning honey" She said. She looked down at my stomach. "Oh I see your still packing that baby" She fake laughed.

"Yeap. Seven months" I said, rubbing my belly.

"Well is your husband home?" She asked, trying to peek in the house.

"Oh no, he had a meeting to go to" I told her.

"Oh, well thats good. A bunch of us ladies are having a mini tea party, with some finger food. We'd love for you to come and mingle for a while" 

I thought about it for a while. I realized I might as well see if I can find out why they are acting weird about my pregnancy.

"Ok. But can you hold on for a sec" I told her and closed my door.

I waddled upstairs and grabbed my phone. I texted Eddy.

To: My y Baker

I'll be at creepy Singletons place for a while. If I dont text you in 1 hour. Get me out of there.

I waddled back to the door and smiled. 

"Lets go" I tell her.

~~~

"Oh and this is Mrs. Norton and Mrs. Fenly" 

I was being introduced to so many woman, I became noxious. I continued to sip my tea to cure my nausea.

"What kind of tea is this?" I asked Mrs. Singleton.

"Its a peppermint blend" She creepyly smiled.

"Well it's very good" I told her.

"I'd just have to give you more to take home then".

 

Eddy's POV:

I saw Aaliah's text message about 25 minutes after she sent it, so I had 35 minutes till her next text.

~~~

My meeting finished and I made it back to the bakery.

"Hey Moonchul" I greeted him and a few other employees.

"Morning Boss!" They said at the same time.

I went to the back, where my office was, and I felt myself dozing off.

~~~

"Hey!" I felt myself being shooken.

"Wake up" The shaking didnt stop.

"Babe- ugh- few more minutes" I begged.

"Im flattered but no thanks" I opened my eyes to find Simba and Moonchul staring at me.

I hopped out of my seat.  

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Um. Its 7 o'clock" Moonchul said.

I checked my phone and it really was 7pm.

noticed that I never recieved another text from Aaliah either and I snapped back into reality.

I called her phone, but she didnt answer.

"Did you lock everything up?" I asked Moonchul.

"Yep, we're just waiting on you" He replied.

"Lets go" I walked away and left Moonchul to lock the door.

We all got in our own cars and agreed to go to my place for a movie night.

~~~

"I'll meet you guys there, I just gotta pick up Aaliah from the neighbors" I told them, once we arrived at the house.

I tossed Simba the keys.

I knocked on crazy Singletons door, and she looked pretty hammered.

"Good Evening, Mrs. Singleton, is Aaliah still here..but any chance?" I asked her.

"Oh dear- (hic) -she left ages (hic) ago. She wasnt feeling too good. Too (hic) bad" She dragged on.

"EDDY!" I heard my name being yelled.

"Thank you" I told her as I ran off.

"Good luck!" She yelled as I ran off.

Good luck for what? I thought to myself, as I ran.

I ran inside my house and up the stairs finding Moonchul and Simba hovered over Aaliah who looked like she passed out on the way up. She was spread out on the stairs on her back.

I carried her bridal style down the stairs, and Simba drove us to the hospital.