Chapter 12

Our Little Secret

*Aaliah's POV*

We ran inside the house and straight to my room.

My mother was crying and my father was holding her tight. 

"What happened?" I said, panting. 

"I just went to run some bath water" She tried to control her crying. "I heard him crying, and when I came back he was gone" She cried all over again.

"Did you call the police?" Eddy asked. My father nodded his head.

Eddy walked out the room and I heard him going down the stairs. I chased after him.

"Where are you going?" I asked him as he reached the door.

"The cops are going to spend time asking questions first. I dont have time for that, im getting him back now. Leave your parents to the questioning" He said walking out the door.

I grabbed my coat from the closet as well as my pepper spray and ran after him.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Im coming with of course. Im out to kill" I said hopping in the car.

"See like I said before, youre kinda scary" He said. 

I just gave him that look.

"Just drive, please"

He started the car and sped off.

~~~

We parked a block away from the house. We knew exactly who took him, it was a no brainer.

We slowly creeped our way to the neighborhood, and we hid in a few bushes beside the house.

"Not our first time in some bushes" He smiled.

"Stop making jokes about everything, please. This is serious" I scolded.

"Im more serious than anybody babe. Im just trying to calm myself so I dont unleash the hulk and rip their heads off" He began to get angry.

I grabbed his hand and told him to just breath. We went over the plan again and I heard Joowon cry.

I took a deep breath. "Mommy's coming baby" I whispered.

Eddy ran up to the front of Mrs. Singletons house and threw a rock at the front window and another one at another window and ran back towards me.

A few seconds later, Mrs. Singleton ran out, including Mrs. Teal and a few other neighbors. They were wearing dark robes with hoods.

I looked at Eddy who had the same look on his face.

"What was that?" A neighbor said.

As they were having their debate outside, Eddy and I snuck in from the back door.

We made it to the living room and I found Joowon laying in a pine needle bed. There were also candles surrounding him.

I ran over to him and held him close.

"Lets go" I told Eddy. 

We made it to the backdoor and we almost made it out.

"Were do you think you're going?" I turn around to see Mrs. Singleton.

"Lets go" I said again. 

We left out the back door and I could hear her babbling on.

I handed Eddy our baby and I turned around.

"You have no right!" I began. "I could kill you right now, if I didnt have that little guy over there"

"Thats no child, thats a demon-"

I slapped her.

"Just do me a favor and die" I said and then I tried to walk away.

"Give me that baby" She ran past me and tried to snatch Joowon from Eddy. 

I ran up behind her and snatched her hair, slamming her to the ground.

"Stay away from him!" I yelled. I took out the pepper spray from my coat pocket and sprayed her in the face.

She screamed and Mrs.Teal and the other neighbors finally showed up.

"Back up cause there's plenty for everyone" I said, aiming it at them.

"We're calling the police so get as much fresh air as you can" I said. 

I grabbed Eddy's hand and we walked to the car.

I could hear her still screaming.

Once in the car, I held my baby in my arms and I began to cry. I was so scared and overwhelmed and filled with adrenaline. 

I was so happy that Joowon was unharmed and safe.

I grabbed my phone and dialed my mothers number.

"Mom, we have him" I told her.

"Oh thank god. The police are here-"

"Put me on speaker" I told her.

"Hello! Can you hear me officer?"

"Yes ma'am" I heard on the other line.

"If I didnt have my babies future in mind, I would be going to jail for murder. Do you understand that?" I said seriously.

"Yes I do ma'am" He said.

"Now I pepper sprayed that old in the face because she tried to attack my baby. If you want to fine me for that, go ahead. But shes probably laying on her lawn right now being dramatic. I expect that when I reach my house, you will be putting her in handcuffs and sending her and Mrs. Teal to prison for attempted murder. Because if I see her again officer, I will kill her. And no thats not a threat, its a promise" I hung up the phone. 

I took in a deep sigh and looked at my baby, I smiled at him and looked at Eddy who looked focused on getting us back home safely.

I looked through the side mirrors and saw a car swirving through traffic. I looked back to get a better look and I couldnt believe my eyes. 

The car honked its horn at us and began tailgating us.

Eddy looked back as well and spoke.

"Is that Mrs. Singleton?" He asked.

Sure enough, it was Mrs. Singleton and Mrs. Teal, who was in the passenger seat.

I sighed.

"Omg..."