Chapter 7

Our Little Secret

Eddys POV:

We've been in the hospital for two days now and they discovered that she had a poisonous substance in her system. We got in contact with the police to press charges on Mrs. Singleton and have her arrested.

The hospital was able to release Aaliah, but were staying at her and Mak's parents house for the time being.

~~~

"Awh honey, how are you feeling?" Her mother asked as we walked in.

"Feeling better, just a little tired" She told her.

"Well let me make you some tea. In the mean time, lets get you upstairs so you can rest" 

I helped her upstairs to her old room. Its exactly the same from when we were younger.

I laughed walking inside. 

"I still cant get over Doramon!" I said. She's still so childish.

I remember as teenagers, whenever I would sleep over, I slept on the bottom bunk and she on the top.

Mak would get jealous cause I would always sleep in her room and not his.

I layed her down on the bottom bunk, just in time as her mother walked in.

"Eddy dear, you're wanted downstairs" She politely said.

"Okay" I kissed Aaliah's forehead. "I'll be back" I whispered to her.

While im walking down the stairs, I can hear her mother 'awwing'. I smiled, shaking my head.

I met up with her father and he looked serious. 

"These past few months have been hard on you two" He said.

"True" I sighed.

"We've been thinking and we hope that you two can stay here. Until the baby is born that is. We feel that a lot of weird things have been going on at your house and its safest to stay here for the baby" He told me.

"That's a great idea" I started. "But we should go by the house to pick up a few clothes" 

~~~ 

We pulled in the driveway and I saw people in the window.

I hopped out the car and opened my door that was not supposed to be unlocked.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked.

Mrs. Singleton and Mrs. Teal turned around shocked.

"We wanted to know if you were home" They said.

"If the door was locked, it means that were not" I said, rudely.

"And you just broke into their house" My father-in-law spoke up.

"Get out" I said.

"But-"

"Get out or i'll call the police" I yelled.

They scurried out the house and I slammed the door behind them.

My phone rang and I answered.

"Hello?"

"Eddy. Were calling from the police station. We wanted to let you know that we searched the suspects house and it was clean. There was no sign of poisionous or suspicious substance in the house" The representative on the phone said.

"Well to let you know, they just broke into my home. Try that for not suspicious!" I kinda yelled at the man on the phone.

"I want to press a restraining order on those two. I dont want them anywhere near my family or our house" 

"We can have that arranged sir. Just give us a few days to get that to you. Have a good day" He hung up.

I sighed and we went upstairs to pack some clothes.

 

*Three weeks later*

Aaliah's POV:

I was woken up by Sancheong. Im close to my due date so I wanted all the rest I could get.

"Goodmorning sleepy head" He said.

I slowly sat up. Earning some help by Sancheong.

"I know I woke you up, but Kaitlyn told me to give this to you" He handed me a bunch of papers.

As I searched through them, they all had a common story. Murder.

According to these papers, there has been numerous murders within 6 years, back-to-back in my neighborhood.

More specifically, my house.

Is that why we got it so cheap?

I continued looking through the papers and I saw that each of the murder victims in the cases were all babies and children.

Horrified, I looked at Sancheong.

"What the hell kinda neighborhood did I move into?"