Chapter 11

Our Little Secret

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc47lFYjBfg

[You should (I reccommend) listen to this song, while reading]

 

(Reception)

(Aaliah's Pov)

We were at the reception table and I switched into my new dress.

Everybody began to eat the meals, starting with the sandwiches.

Family and friends kept coming up to me, complimenting the food selections and how beautiful the venue/reception was, and how they liked my theme.

I thanked them and told them to enjoy the rest of the night. I looked to the back of the room and saw a table full of presents. My eyes shot open and I tapped Eddy.

"Look at all those presents" I said. "Shouldnt we be feeling a little guilty for scamming all these people?"

"Its not a scam" He said.

"Hu-"

"Now everybody, attention please!" The DJ, Simba booked for us, spoke.

All attention went to him.

"It is now time for the bride and groom's first dance" Everybody started clapping for us, as we walked to the middle of the dance floor.

We stood on the dance floor in silence, until the music started play.

 

I told Simba to suprise me with the list of music to play at the wedding, since we all pretty much have the same taste in music.

The song played and my mouth dropped.

This was my favorite song. Im pretty sure he told the DJ to play this song on purpose.

The song that was playing was Hug Me by Crush. 

Eddy knew this was my favorite song too, which made me think. Did he plan this too?

I put my arms around Eddy's neck as soon as Crush started singing. As did he, but arms around my waist.

Usually when I listen to this song, my hips tend to roll to the beat  and my shoulders sway from left to right. So controlling myself is pretty difficult to do right now.

Thank god Eddy had a pretty good grip on my waist. 

I finally got in the rhythm of slow dancing and I smiled at Eddy. We brought our bodies closer and I rested my head on his chest. (Because of our height difference).

"You purposely chose this song didnt you?" I asked him.

"Maybe" He said, cockly.

I looked up at him and he smiled down at me.

It was mid-way through the song, and I started to feel awkward with just us two dancing here by ourselves.

I looked over at the rest of the guys and signaled them to come to the dance floor as well.

They grabbed their wives hands and guided them to the floor. 

Soon the dance floor was filled with couples, slow dancing, with Eddy and I in the middle.

Once the song ended, the DJ blasted the next song and I knew that Simba gave the DJ his own recommended playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RslAj2KZWds

Everybody started dancing and jumping up and down and I went to sit back down at our table because my feet were hurting.

I sat down and took off my shoes. I brought a pair of socks with me, because I knew this would happen.

I was running around the venue in my socks, just for fun.

That is, until I bumped into someone, knocking us on the ground.

"OMG, Moonchul!" I said, standing back up. "Im so sorry"

"No need to apologize" He laughed. "Its your day"

"Oh! I LOVE the way the cake turned out, and the desserts were amazing thank you" I smiled. "I bet they taste just as great"

"Well thanks. Whenev-"

"There you are" Eddy interrupted. "Its time to cut the cake" He grabbed my hand and dragged me away.

I grabbed Moonchul's arm.

"Come on. you made it" I told him, dragging him with us.

~~~

We cut the cake.

I fed a piece to Eddy, and he grabbed a piece to fed me as well.

But the cake didnt reach my mouth, he spread it across my face. Everybody began taking pictures, some were laughing and some were 'aww'ing.

I wiped most of the cake off, just so I can see. I spotted Eddy on the other side of the cake, laughing with the guys.

I rolled my eyes at his childish behavior. Moonchul came over to me with a few napkins in his hand, helping me get all the cake off my face and some off my hair.

Eddy then appeared by side.

"I can take over from here" He said, glaring at Moonchul.

"Sure thing, boss"

Moonchul started walking away.

"Wait!" I stopped him.

I took a piece of cake and fed it to him. "Thank you" I smiled.

"No problem" He said, wiping some frosting off his lips.

He disappeared into the crowd that surrounded us.

I glared at Eddy for putting cake over my face.

"Im sorry" He smiled. "Ah" He said, wanting me to open my mouth. I opened my mouth and he fed me a piece of cake. 

"Thank you" I smiled at him, I cant seem to stay mad at him for long.

~~~

"Attention everyone" Mak yelled. "We'd like to ask for everyone to go back to their seats, for a few minutes"

Everyone went to sit down, and Simba, Eco, and Sancheong stood in the front with Mak.

"I would like to say, we were not suprised when we heard that you guys were dating. We were all waiting for this moment actually" Mak said.

"Yeah, we actually bet money on when you would start dat-" Simba elbowed Eco.

"Anyways, instead of saying a long speech, we decided to create a video montage of you two over the years" Sancheong said.

They stepped to the side and a large screen came down from nowhere, in the front of the room.

Soft music started playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCMoYaPvENM and then pictures started to appear.

The pictures were all of Eddy and I. Starting with highschool, then college, and even now. 

All the pictures were familiar to me and ive seen them all before, except one.

It was a picture of Eddy and I, sleeping in the grass. He had his arms around me and his hands were entangled with mine.

I remembered that day, it was the day we had the cake tasting and I was chasing Eddy around the park.

I looked over at him and he looked just as shocked as me.

We both had the same question. Who took that photo?

I looked over at Mak and he avoided eye contact with me. Guilty! What a stalker!

The montage ended and everyone clapped.

The rest of the reception went on and I bid farewell to all who showed up and I realized that I didnt see Moonchul the rest of the night, since he helped with the messy cake incident. 

 

(The Next Week)

Eddy and I got back from our honeymoon. We didnt want to spend alot of money on a honeymoon so we to California.

I know I know, youre all thinking, 'thats is expensive' but my family actually bought us the tickets to fly out there as our wedding gift.

We stayed at a fancy hotel, that we got a 'wedding discount' on.

Eddy suprised me with a amusement weekend.

He bought us tickets for Disneyland, Universal Studios, and Six Flags.

Throughout this honeymoon weekend, I learned a whole new side of Eddy that he's never showed to us before.

He's a giant baby on rollercoasters. He screams like a girl and he always ends up with tears at the end of the ride, but rushes to wipe them. As if I didnt see them.

It made me fall for him even more, seeing him out of his 'im a flirt' persona.

~~~

It was now the countdown for our 'year marriage', sadly I dont really want it to end but I just have to it up and enjoy it while it lasts.

Today was my day off, so I decided to go to the bakery to visit Eddy and Moonchul.

I walked inside and sat down on a stool.

"Welc- Oh its just you" Moonchul said.

I gasped. "Just you? Is that how to treat a newly married woman?" I laughed.

He laughed too.

"What brings you in?" He said.

"Is Eddy here?"

"No. He's in a meeting"

"Oh"

"Your wedding was beautiful" He said.

"Thank you" I said.

"Especially Eddy's vowels" He began to renact them.

He took my hand and began to impersonate Eddy. I heard the bell on the door ringing, indicating someone came inside. I looked over to the door, but nobody was there.

 

(Eddy's Pov)

I got out of my meeting early so I headed back to my bakery.

I slightly pushed the door open, so the bell didnt go off yet. 

I could see Aaliah and Moonchul talking at the counter, his back facing me.

I was eavesdropping on their conversation.

"I promise to love you, to be your best friend, to respect and support you, to be pat-" I didnt listen to the rest. I walked out pushing the door slightly, setting off the bell.

 I know that this whole 'dating/wedding' thing is fake, but her dating someone else right after our honeymoon, really upset me. 

 This isn't even supposed to be real, so I shouldn't be feeling a certain way.

Because she obviously isn't.

 Right?

 So I decided to do something to get my feelings back on track.