Sleep-Laced

Your Soft Voice

After Chen and Xiumin's return to the dorm, an emergency schedule came up so they weren't able to check out the coffee shop that day. Instead, they spent it sweating themselves out in the practice room. Luhan was fine with it. He would have a longer time to plan out how to remove Chen in the picture that way. Afterwards, Xiumin told him that the three of them would visit the coffee shop the following morning. They don't have a schedule until the afternoon so they can drop by if they're early enough.

 

With that, Luhan was able to think of how to be alone with Xiumin. Everyone knows that their oldest is the first to wake up every morning. Taking that into account, Luhan woke up earlier than Xiumin's usual time, or on a more accurate term, he barely slept the previous night. A cozy alone time with Xiumin is totally worth an entire night's worth of sleep for all Luhan cares. 

 

He got up and stared at the clothes he prepared beforehand yesterday. He practically emptied his closet yesterday trying to find the most suitable clothes for his coffee date with Xiumin. He even stringed Lay into it by asking him if they were too fancy or too plain. In the end, he chose the clothes himself because Lay fell asleep while he was still choosing between wearing a hat or a cap.

 

He looked at it again and smiled to himself for choosing just the right pair of shirt and jeans. It was his newest clothes, too. Just perfect for their first date. 

 

After getting himself ready, he quietly left their room. Lay was still peacefully asleep on his own bed while hugging one of his unicorn plushie that he received as a gift from the fans. Luhan walked with light footsteps towards Tao and Xiumin's room. He was specially quiet while walking past Kris and Chen's room. He wouldn't want to wake the young Korean and mess up his entire plan, now would he?

 

He pushed the door open and tried to see the room despite the dim lights. Both their oldest and youngest are still tucked in their blankets, well... one of them is. Tao somehow managed to stay asleep even though his upper body was hanging at the side of his bed while his other half was sprawled on his cushion. He was murmuring some Korean words even while asleep. Luhan had to acknowledge Tao's extreme passion for learning a foreign language. He's learning at an incredible speed and even studying some Korean songs and rap.

 

Luhan walked past their maknae. His goal is the member on the far end of the room, neatly and comfortably asleep under his blanket. He slowly approached his cute little baozi and stared at his sleeping face even through the dark. Luhan could make out those cute little cheeks and his pretty eyes and his thin pink lips... 'Lu! Coffee date! Without Jongdae! Remember?!' he scolded himself.

 

It pains his heart that he will have to wake Xiumin up from his peaceful sleep but in order to go out without Chen, they have to leave at an earlier time. Reluctantly, he tapped Xiumin's arm and whispered his name to stir him awake. He had always been a light sleeper so with a few more taps, Xiumin was opening his eyes and stretching his arms out.

 

"Luhan? Why? What time is it?" he asked, fighting off a yawn as he sat up. 

 

For a moment, Luhan just stood there and smiled. Xiumin sounded so cute with his morning voice. It was softer than usual and it breaks off at certain parts. He's speaking slower than usual, too. He finally let out a yawn after finishing his question and afterwards, groaned slightly, and Luhan was sold.

 

"Luhan?" Xiumin asked again. He was letting out a quiet laugh as he tried to stare at his best friend in the dark. Luhan was being weird these past few days. Always ending up frozen in place and most of the times, distracted while talking with him. But Xiumin didn't mind. In fact, he found it amusing and wondered what has been keeping him so occupied.

 

"Earth to Luhan." he said again. He tilted his head a bit, a sign of his confusion with Luhan's behavior. If only he knows what his action does to Luhan's system. The guy was literally a strand away from jumping and hugging him at that moment, but he needs to get a grip if he wants this coffee date going.

 

"Come on. Let's get coffee." he finally managed to say. They were both whispering in consideration to the still sleeping Tao.

 

"Why so early?" he asked again. But Xiumin was already getting up on the bed. He let out another cute yawn and Luhan was dying from too much cuteness. His hand instinctively went to comb those few strands that were standing out from Xiumin's bed hair. The other man just smiled at him and whispered a "Thanks" and Luhan wasn't sure if he'll survive the day, or even just the time before they leave.

 

"Coffee is best on early mornings." A lame excuse? Yes. But he didn't care. All he wanted to do was to spend some time with Xiumin... alone.

 

"But a very early morning coffee would mean that I'll be demanding a treat." Xiumin teased. He grabbed a shirt and pants and walked towards the bathroom to wash up.

 

"Of course!" Luhan beamed. It earned him a sharp "Shhhh!" from Xiumin and he felt bad for grinning ear to ear for that.

 

A few minutes later and they were ready to leave. Luhan was heading straight for the door when Xiumin grabbed his arm and asked "Did you wake Chen up?" 

 

"Let him sleep." he said quickly before grabbing Xiumin's hand and pulled him outside the dorm. Xiumin allowed himself to be tagged along and didn't mind the fact that Luhan interlaced their fingers as they walked to the brand new coffee shop just down the block.

 

They entered the shop and the bittersweet smell of coffee invited them even more. Xiumin took the table by the window while Luhan ordered for both of them. Americano. A bitter drink they both love. Well, actually he grew to love it because of Xiumin and it's now his favorite, too.

 

The place was still deserted given that it was still early even for a morning coffee, and Luhan preferred it the way it is. They both enjoyed the cozy place and the still slightly dark morning along with two cups of the hot drink. Luhan also ordered a plate of biscuits to go along with their coffee.

 

Xiumin asked for a piece of the pastry served at Luhan's side. Luhan being the distracted human being that he was at that time, instead of passing the plate of biscuits, just picked up a piece and handed it to Xiumin in a manner that obviously implied that he wanted to feed him like that. He blushed when he realized what he just did but before he could withdraw his hand, Xiumin took the biscuit from his hand and smiled at him in hopelessness.

 

Luhan took a while to process everything. 'Xiumin did... He did... He took the... with his... He... He ate the biscuit... from my hand.' Luhan turned a bright shade of pink, complete with imaginary steam coming out from his ears as he froze there with his arm still in the air. He had to quickly hide his face as he clutched his right arm and fanned himself to calm down. And because he did, he failed to see Xiumin's quickly reddening face as he also stared off to a distance to calm himself down.

 

-------------------

 

Akira: Chapter 9 tomorrow ^o^