Side Story: Call

Your Soft Voice

Kris and Tao slowly made their way to the shopping district, while one or two fans approached them every now and then asking for a handshake, an autograph or a photo. It wasn't like they had anything in particular they wanted to buy, it was just a form of relaxation for them whenever they found the time to go out. They would've asked the other members to come if they weren't busy with their own businesses so in the end it was just the two of them.

 

The two tall men decided to attack the clothes shop first in search for anything and everything that may catch their eye. The moment they came in, they separated and went to different directions, both scanning the place for anything fashionable.

 

Different from how Tao shops, wherein he just looks at the clothes to his liking, Kris shops while looking at everything and thinking which member will fit it best and if he's feeling kind enough, he even buys it for them.

 

That looks like it will look good on Xiumin.

 

That one is totally Chanyeol's style.

 

I think Chen will like that one.

 

That turtleneck will totally fit D.O.

 

and so on...

 

But as he walked on a whole row of neatly stacked white shirts, he stopped dead on his tracks and stared at that one short sleeved collared shirt. It's simple and actually a bit dorky, nothing special about it, but somehow he could imagine Suho wearing it and looking so neat and proper like how he always is. The shirt itself doesn't look anything extra ordinary but he knows that the Korean leader will manage the look well.

 

Unconsciously, he found himself picking it up and checking the size and the price. 'Yeah. This will look perfect on him.' he told himself. 

 

"I think that's a bit small on you, ge."

 

Kris was startled to hear Tao speak next to him because he was so engrossed in his own thoughts that he failed to notice him approach.

 

"I'm not thinking of buying it for myself." he calmly stated, putting the shirt back on the rack. Everyone in the group knows that he looks around and shops with everyone in mind.

 

"Whose it for?" Tao asked as he picked the shirt up again.

 

"I was thinking that it'll look good on Suho." he answered. "But I don't know if he'll be a size small or medium, he's definitely not large." he added.

 

"Why don't we call him then?" Tao suggested, already reaching for his phone.

 

"It's fine. They might be busy, too." Kris said, then turned heel and walked away from the row of white shirts. He really doesn't like to disturb them if ever they are working.

 

"We can still try. I'm dialing now." the younger member said then put the phone next to his ear. "It's ringing. They don't have a schedule then. Suho-hyung always turns his phone off when they have one."

 

Kris turned around and waited with Tao for the other line to pick up.

 

"Hyung!" Tao's voice animated as he suddenly changed from Chinese to Korean as he spoke with the Korean member. Kris couldn't hear what the person on the other line was saying but he could pretty much guess what they are talking about based on Tao's answers.

 

"Everything is fine here." 

 

"Yeah."

 

"Actually, Kris-ge has something to ask you." he said before passing the phone to Kris, who reluctantly took it. After handing the phone to the Chinese leader, he left him to continue scanning the shop.

 

Kris. What's up?

 

Kris noted how excited Suho's voice sounded, or maybe it was just because they haven't spoken with each other for a while. They don't call each other often because they mostly just exchange information about the group. Tao is really the one who's always in touch with the Korean leader.

 

"I was just wondering what your shirt size is." he asked. He mentally cursed himself because he just sounded so lame with that.

 

I'm a medium, but why are you asking this? 

 

He could almost imagine Suho knitting his eyebrows and looking thoroughly confused at the moment. A smile managed to sneak up on his face as Suho's image flashed in his mind.

 

"I kinda saw this dorky shirt that will look good on you." he joked.

 

Haha. Very funny. Sorry if I'm not model material like you are.

 

The response that dripped with sarcasm only made him smile wider. While the other members never failed to bully the Korean leader at any given opportunity, he never failed to retort back at Kris whenever possible. And while he never really fought back when the other members bully him, he always seemed feisty when dealing with his fellow leader and never held back with his words and that made Kris feel like he was treated just a tad bit differently than the others.

 

"You're the good boy type."

 

Yeah. I'm the geeky schoolboy.

 

Kris chuckled at the response. He could see Suho rolling his eyes as he said that, looking totally exasperated.

 

"I'll be the one buying so just shut up and take it." he threw back. He was waiting for Suho's usual sarcastic feisty answers but the other line was quiet. He checked the phone if it got disconnected or something but it was still connected. He waited for a few more seconds.

 

...thank you. 

 

A short almost whisper like response came before the sound of the beeping tone was heard, a clear signal that either the line got accidentally cut off or Suho had ended the call, Kris was betting on the latter. Although he doesn't fully understand why he cut the call short. Kris looked momentarily confused, both at Suho's unusual behavior and his own unexplainable reaction when he heard that soft timid "thank you".

 

He looked back at the plain white shirt and somehow it looked special now, still dorky and plain but special. He shook his head a bit and shrugged off the weird feelings then picked up the hanged shirt. He looked at the size and was glad to find that it was a medium. He walked to the counter to pay for it, thinking if he'll be able to hear Suho say "thank you" again once he receives the shirt. And almost immediately, he found himself smiling at the thought.

 

---------------------------

Akira:

 

Okay guys, as promised, I'll be adding some chapters here and there :) This is one of those promised chapters :) Hope you'll enjoy the additional scenes in the story and I do hope you're enjoying the main story again ^o^ Thank you for the continued support guys :)

 

Leave me comments if it's not too much trouble ^o^