Whine

Your Soft Voice

After Luhan's hard struggle to make his pink flared cheeks return to normal, and a few awkward moments of avoiding direct eye contact with Xiumin, they were able to slowly finish their morning coffee. They were quiet the entire time, partly becuase Luhan couldn't form any words as his mind kept on replaying how he just fed Xiumin that damn biscuit.

 

After that wonderful incident though, Luhan moved the plate of biscuits to the middle. As much as he wanted to feed Xiumin again, his weak heart wouldn't be able to take multiple attacks at once and act totally oblivious about it. But Xiumin, the sweet person that he is, took a biscuit and offered it to Luhan. It wasn't the kind of offer wherein he intends Luhan to just grab it from his hand. No. It was the kind of offer that he expects his friend to eat it from his hand as well. Maybe he was just returning the action. Or maybe it's his secret plan to drive Luhan insane. Or maybe it's his own way of fixing the awkward atmosphere Luhan created. But whatever his intention is, an opportunity like this doesn't come everyday so with hardly a moment's hesitation, Luhan took the obvious bait laid out to him. But before he can bite the sweet pastry, Xiumin withdrew his hand and ate it himself. He then flashed his pretty gummy smile accompanied by a triumphant look at his success at teasing him.

 

At the bold teasing, Luhan openly showed his sad face together with a pout. Xiumin laughed with glee, and Luhan was a breath's away from melting into a puddle of goo. Xiumin attempted to feed him again. This time, Luhan showed a little hesitation. But who was he kidding. There's no way he can resist Xiumin once he starts begging with those pretty cat eyes and his pouty face. Why did he even try? He knew he's hopeless anyway. He gave in immediately and cautiously took a bite. The sweetness spread in his mouth but he kept his eyes on Xiumin who blushed just a little. Maybe it was due to embarrassment at feeding him, but at the moment Luhan was b with happiness at whatever the reason is for Xiumin's pink stained cheeks.

 

When Luhan realized that both of them had finished their own drink, he almost considered asking for another order. He wanted them to be alone for just a while longer. But Xiumin was already standing and getting ready to leave. He panicked and racked his brains out for any idea to convince Xiumin to stay out for a little whle more. They can't return to the dorm just like this. He needs to make the most out of this coffee date. 'Think.Think.Think.'

 

"Xiumin! Let's go to the shopping district."

 

"Hm? Why? Do you need something?" Xiumin asked in a curious tone.

 

"Nothing really. Let's just check it out." he was practically pleading. Luhan is really desperate to keep them together and to delude himself that they're having a real date at the moment.

 

Xiumin looked at him and smiled in resignation. "Fine. I think everyone back home is still asleep anyway."

 

Luhan beamed at him, too happy that Xiumin agreed to the invitation. It's one of the things Luhan really loves about Xiumin. He'll say yes to almost any favor you ask of him, as long as he can grant it. It only takes a little bit of pleading and he'll give in. But this trait of his also scares Luhan the most. It makes him feel like because of this, anyone will be able to steal Xiumin away from him. Not that Xiumin is his property or anything, but it makes him feel restless, knowing that anyone can take advantage of Xiumin this way.

 

The shopping district is a big place. It has anything and everything you'll be looking for. A few shops are still closed given the early hour, while the others are still in the process of opening. There were already a few people around, including the two of them.

 

They hopped from shop to shop without anything in particular to buy. While Xiumin was busy surfing the rack of clothes and considering if he will buy or not, Luhan was busy watching Xiumin and considering what he can buy for him. He watched as Xiumin make different expressions. He couldn't help adoring how expressive Xiumin's face is. His eyes, eyebrows and lips all move as he assess the things in the shop. 'He's knitting his eyebrows, he doesn't like that.' 'His eyes are widening, he's interested in that.' 'He's raising his eyebrows and looking curious, and he's looking at me. Wait... He's looking at me?'

 

"What is it, Luhan? You've been staring for a while now." he asked smiling.  

 

'Ahhh shoot! Busted!' 

 

"I wasn't staring." he was trying to feign innocence but even he knows he's nowhere near believable. He knows how his face gives him away when he tries to lie, especially to Xiumin.

 

"You totally were. Don't even try to deny it." Xiumin said. He even poked Luhan's puffy cheeks as he teased the other man with his obvious lie. "What is it? Do I have something on my face?" Xiumin touched his own face looking for the invisible dirt that might've sticked to his face.

 

Luhan whispered under his breath "I was just watching your expressions."

 

He didn't expect him to be heard nor he wanted to be, but he forgot to consider that Xiumin was already next to him so hearing him wasn't impossible.

 

"Am I making weird faces again?" Xiumin giggled lightly at his own comment. 

 

'Ah of course! This expression is still the best!' Luhan thought as he stared at Xiumin's bashful appearance. It was a good thing that his friend was looking at the side due to embarrassment or Luhan would've been questioned again by his staring and he wouldn't be able to deny the accusation.

 

Before they left the shop, he caught sight of Xiumin staring at something for a while. He followed his gaze and saw a stack of fur hats. He snatched the hat that stole Xiumin's attention and went straight to the cashier.

 

"Luhan, wait!"

 

"You want this, right?" Luhan said as he refused to be stopped on his way to pay the hat.

 

"I do, but you don't have to buy it." Xiumin said as he chased Luhan.

 

"It's fine. It's my thanks for coming with me today."

 

"But you already treated coffee."

 

"That's for going out for the early coffee. The hat is for coming with me here at the shopping district."

 

"Luhan!" Xiumin complained but Luhan knows that it won't be long before he gives in.

 

"Please, Xiumin? Just let me buy this for you." He's playing with underhanded tricks by begging Xiumin like this when he knows exactly how he hates to refuse people. But he really just wanted to get him something out of this date he pushed on him. He even tried to act cute by putting both of his hands together and pouting just a little with the saddest expression his doe eyes can make.

 

Xiumin slumped down his shoulders together with a light groan which was a clear sign of surrender and Luhan happily skipped his way to the counter to pay for the hat.

 

The moment he returned, Xiumin was nowhere to be found. For a while, Luhan was stricken with panic as worry ate him away; that Xiumin might've gotten pissed off at him and just left. It wasn't until Xiumin emerged from the other direction that he was able to calm himself down. As his friend approached, he noticed the shopping bag clutched in his hand.

 

"What's with the shopping bag?"

 

"This?" Xiumin lifted the shopping bag with an amused smile. "This is for you. For treating me today." He pushed the bag to Luhan's hand and he coudn't quite hide the smile that was starting to break on his face.

 

"But, Xiumin~" Luhan tried to whine at him but the truth was that he really wanted to open the bag already and see what Xiumin got for him.
 

"Luhan~" Xiumin returned the whine. "Please~" 

 

Luhan wasn't ready for that. Xiumin doesn't whine. He just don't. But he did. He just did. He wasn't prepared. It was cute. And adorable. And irresistable. A whine he'll never find annoying. In fact, he wanted to hear it again. It was soft and cute and adorable and... he's going crazy. Is it still considered a whine if you happen to adore it? Ah... whatever.

 

"Please, Luhan? Please~" he whined again. 

 

With that, Luhan knew that he would never be able to refuse Xiumin's requests ever again, not like he ever did before, but with him whining at him like this, it would be a sin to do so. 

 

Luhan was defeated. Hands down. No use fighting against the adorable little monster pouting, begging and whining at him.

 

He tried to act reluctant over taking the bag from Xiumin's hand, but even he thinks that he looked more excited than reluctant. Luhan looked at him in defeat as he also handed him the bag he was holding.

 

Luhan took a peek at the contents of the bag and his eyes widened as he registered the identity of the item. He looked at Xiumin with a mix of delight, confusion and more delight.

 

"I asked for a darker color of the hat. Now we have matching ones." he answered while clutching the bag of the hat Luhan bought for him.

 

At this Luhan wasn't able to contain the light squeal that escaped him, and also the sudden tackle hug he just gave Xiumin. The man in his arms just chuckled at Luhan's response to the return gift. He was glad that Luhan liked the idea of matching hats. But in Luhan's mind, it wasn't just "matching hats", for him, it's his first "couple item" with Xiumin.

 

--------------------

 

Akira: If our internet will be fixed tonight then chapter 10 tomorrow ^o^... if not then... as soon as internet is fixed :'(