Phone Call

Your Soft Voice

Xiumin's cold disappeared in no time and as soon as he was ready to promote again, EXO-M were even busier. They were guesting to almost every available show in China and their schedule is jam-packed with activities. Every single member had no time to rest, mainly because they are currently the most popular rookie group in mainland China.

 

With the group's already busy days, one member is exceptionally busy with another thing. Busy sending indirect confessions of love, busy shooting love bullets, busy looking for an opportunity to hold hands, busy trying to get them some alone time, and most of all, busy trying to close the distance to hear his beloved's sweet soft voice.

 

One particular day, a rare day off for the busy EXO, Luhan planned a special day exclusively for Xiumin and him. He woke up exceptionally early so he can get ahead of Xiumin's schedule, in case he was thinking of doing something else. He looked for his cute Baozi all around the dorm but none of the remaining people in the dorm knows where he went.

 

With no other choice, he dialed Xiumin's phone to directly ask him where he is. He can just meet him outside if he's already out. Luhan wanted the two of them to go shopping around the nearby shopping district. He can show him around and just spend the day away together. He would insist on buying him new clothes, they would eat out together, and then when the day is about to end, they can stop by a coffee shop, buy a drink, and walk slowly home. It was perfect. Everything is all set out. All he needs to do now is to get Xiumin and get the day started.

 

The phone rings and his heart beats crazy with anticipation. Given that they are always together, he rarely has the chance to call Xiumin and hear his voice through the phone. He even considered recording their conversation so he can play it again afterwards. Or maybe that's a bit creepy? Okay. He'll leave it for next time then. 

 

A couple of rings went and Luhan was going 'Pick up, Xiumin. Pick up.' 

 

The other end finally did and Luhan readied himself to hear Xiumin's cute voice over the phone but...

 

"Lu-ge~"

 

"Kim Jongdae!"

 

"Yes?"

 

"What the hell are you doing with Xiumin's phone?"

 

Instead of answering the question, Chen just laughed at him. His trademark laugh that makes Luhan grit his teeth.

 

"Chen!"

 

"What~"

 

"Why are you holding Xiumin's phone?!"

 

"Gege is currently changing so I'm holding it for him." he finally answered.

 

"Changing? Why?"

 

"Well... we're shopping?" Chen answered with a chuckling voice.

 

"Why?!"

 

Luhan couldn't hide his irritation over the fact that Chen had beat him into the day that he was about to spend with Xiumin. He should be the one shopping with him. It should be him with Xiumin and not Chen. But the younger Korean had obviously dragged Xiumin along first.

 

Chen just laughed at him again as Luhan groaned on the other line.

 

"I'm busy making XiuChen happen, Lu-ge." he replied.

 

"What?"

 

"XiuChen. XiuChen, Lu-ge. I wanted to do some LuChen moments but then Lu-ge wouldn't want that because you wanted to make XiuHan happen right? So I'll just make some XiuChen moments. It's way popular than XiuHan right now anyway." Chen explained in a way Luhan failed to understand.

 

"What nonsense are you talking about?" Luhan asked. He was genuinely clueless about the stuff Chen was talking about.

 

"XiuChen. LuChen. XiuHan. You should search them sometimes, Lu-ge." the younger answered.

 

"What kind of words are those?" he asked again, but he was answered by the beeping tone, clearly telling him that Chen already dropped the call on him.

 

Irritated, he dialed the number again. He wasn't done talking with Chen yet and he needs some explanations to the alien words the younger was talking about. With just one ring this time, the other end picked up the call and...

 

"We are not yet done, Kim Jongdae!"

 

Instead of Chen's hysterical laughter, what Luhan heard were soft giggles that in no way belongs to Chen.

 

"X--Xiumin?"

 

"Speaking." More giggles on the other end, and Luhan found his anger instantly melting over the sound of Xiumin's laugh. "Should I pass the phone to Chen? It looks like you wanted to tell him something." Xiumin joked.

 

"No!" Luhan almost shouted in response. "Ah... I mean, no. It's fine. I can talk to him later. I originally called to talk with you anyway." he said in a calmer tone. He would trade speaking to Xiumin a thousand times than arguing with Chen.

 

"So? Why did you call?" Xiumin asked in a bouncy tone. At this point, Luhan was finding it hard to concentrate over the topic he wanted to discuss because Xiumin's voice was distracting him from doing so. If he isn't careful, he can feel that the only thing he'll be able to say through the phone is "Yes."

 

"How did "why" got answered with a "yes"?" Xiumin laughed again. 

 

Luhan realized that he had answered "Yes" already. How much of an idiot is he? But Xiumin was laughing on the other end. And somehow, being an idiot in front of him wasn't such a big deal anymore.

 

"Don't you dare answer me with a "yes" again, Luhan." Xiumin said in a mock way of scolding which Luhan just found really adorable.

 

"I was gonna ask where you are, but Chen already told me that you guys were shopping."

 

"Yeah. We both woke up earlier than you guys so we just went out."

 

"I wanted to shop with you though." he said in a disappointed tone.

 

"Aw, Luhan. Maybe next time? The three of us can go to the newly opened coffee shop if you want. Chen said he wanted to go, and I'd love to check it out, too." Xiumin offered.

 

"I'll go!" he said excitedly. He'll think about removing Chen in the picture later. What he needs to do now is to get himself in Xiumin's schedule, then he can revise his plan afterwards.

 

"Okay, then. We'll just pay for the stuff we'll get then we can head back to the dorm. See you later, Luhan." Xiumin said before ending the call.

 

Luhan stood frozen at the hallway of the dorm, remembering Xiumin's lingering voice as he ended the call. He loved the way Xiumin mentioned his name, "Luhan." He was smiling to himself as the beeping tone on the other line went on.

 

He walked slowly back to his room when Chen's words replayed in his mind, "XiuChen. LuChen. XiuHan. You should search them sometimes, Lu-ge." Luhan knit his eyebrows, not making much sense of the words Chen said. He made his way back to the room to grab his laptop and started typing the alien words.

 

~*~

 

Less than an hour later, Chen and Xiumin finally made it back to the dorm. Chen run ahead of him while the older just walked in a normal pace, confused why the younger was so excited to get in.

 

Chen found Lay in the living room still in his pajamas and munching on a pair of toast.

 

"Lay-ge! Where's Lu-ge?" the younger asked with excitement.

 

Lay watched Chen's expression and made a face that says "Ah~" 

 

"So you're the reason Lu-ge's going crazy this early in the day." Lay concluded. Chen didn't answer. He just smiled even wider, and that's all the answer Lay needs to prove his point.

 

The door to Luhan and Lay's room opened with a thud, revealing the oldest Chinese member of the group. He immediately eyed Chen who just smirked at his direction. He pointed at him before announcing,

 

"Just watch, Kim Jongdae. I will erase XiuChen in history because XiuHan will trample over your little ship. I will make XiuHan real. You just wait. The world will see it soon. XiuHan will sail!" he said in a tone that sounded like he was possessed by something. Luhan went back inside the room and shut the door behind him.

 

Lay and Chen finally burst out laughing when Luhan left. They couldn't imagine how much craziness Luhan was going through at the moment. Xiumin finally reached the door and was utterly confused why his two younger co-members were bent and laughing their hearts out. 

 

---------------------

 

Akira: I'm sorry for missing for a while, but to make it up to you, expect an everyday update from today (until Saturday maybe, then will continue after semester officially ends). I am already done with chapter 7 so there's a sure update tomorrow. I hope to finish Your Soft Voice before the end of the year. :)