Side Story: Wake Up Call

Your Soft Voice

Baekhyun has a secret. 

 

"Yah! Byun Baekhyun! How long are you going to sleep?" Chanyeol's loud deep voice echoed in their shared room. The other man on the upper bunk of the double deck bed simply rolled to the other side, putting his pillow at the side of his head to block Chanyeol out.

 

"Baekhyun! Wake up now!" Chanyeol tried again. This time he tried shaking Baekhyun's shoulder as well.

 

"...shut up, Yeol. You're too noisy." Baekhyun said in an almost whisper.

 

The taller man simply sighed as he stared at Baekhyun's back. A smile stretched across his face before he slowly pulled the pillow trapped between Baekhyun's arm and head.

 

"Come on, Baek. You know we have an early schedule, right?" he said, calmly this time.

 

It was a good thing that he decided to roll and face the wall earlier, because Baekhyun couldn't stop the smile that appeared on his face. Chanyeol had always been gentle with him.

 

This is his little secret. Actually, every time Chanyeol wakes him up, he's already awake. But he always pretends to be asleep, just so Chanyeol would coax him to get up. His best friend would always be gentle with him after the initial call. Often times he'll say things like "Wake up, little pup." or "Come on, Baek. Up now." and sometimes even a "Rise and shine, angel." when Chanyeol thinks he's still too out of it to process the endearment.

 

"Wake up, angel." Chanyeol said in a quiet tone, his voice dropping impossibly low.

 

Baekhyun's cheeks flared at the call. That endearment is his favorite after all. Even if he knows that Chanyeol only calls him that to , he really loves it when he hears him calling him "Angel". It makes him feel loved, maybe as something more than a friend.

 

Although he needs to keep up the act that he's still more or less in dreamland so he answered with, "Go away, Yeol..." he even added a little whine at the end to complete the effect.

 

Baekhyun isn't ready to give up this Wake Up Call game he's trying to play.

 

Chanyeol has a secret.

 

Baekhyun didn't know this, but Chanyeol had long gone known that the other only pretends to be asleep when he wakes him up. Baekhyun doesn't know the amount of time Chanyeol spent looking at his face when he sleeps. Therefore, just from the form of his shoulders, Chanyeol already knows if Baekhyun is truly asleep or just pretending to be.

 

He knows his best friend is only doing this to mess with him but Chanyeol goes along with it. Why? Well that's because if Baekhyun is pretending to be asleep, then he also needs to pretend that he couldn't process the small details. In which Chanyeol uses the opportunity to call him with such endearment that isn't meant for just a friend.

 

Chanyeol's favorite is calling him an "Angel", because Baekhyun is his angel. 

 

"...shut up, Yeol. You're too noisy."

 

Another reason he goes along with this. He gets to hear Baekhyun in that pretend sleep-laden voice. Just barely above a whisper. It's just too precious to give up even if he has to pretend that he doesn't know Baekhyun's little game of pretend.

 

"Wake up, angel." he said in reply. Honestly, even if he has done this for quite some time now, he still gets nervous that Baekhyun might question him about it one day. His best friend might find out that he's harboring more than a friend's affection for the other. But no matter the fear, he just can't stop showering Baekhyun with these endearments.

 

"Go away, Yeol..."

 

Another thing to live for. Baekhyun's whines. Chanyeol just loves playing this Wake Up Call game they're playing.

 

------------------------------------------

Akira: I was planning to write a chapter but then I saw this side story chapter that was left unfinished. Don't worry, I will write the next chapter in time for the XiuHan day and I will try to focus on this story for a while because I think I have neglected this long enough.

 

*Please accept Aya-chan's apology.* TT^TT (Yes, I'm Aya)