Dream

Your Soft Voice

Luhan slept the entire flight from China to Korea, partly because he's tired. And Xiumin, being the wonderful person that he is remained in one position just so he wouldn't disturb Luhan's sleep. As for waking him up. it was only a few taps on Luhan's arm and a sweet soft call of "Luhan, time to wake up now." If it wasn't Luhan he's waking up, the Chinese man doubts that Xiumin would be capable of waking up anyone with that whisper like call. 

 

The moment they stepped down from the plane to the airport, their group immediately spotted heavily disguised figures waving frantically at them. Even through the masks they wore, the huge grins on their faces were impossible to hide with how much their faces lit up at the site of the group from China. They were pounced on like those six were no different from the fans that are eager to meet them. 

 

Luhan was still holding Xiumin's hand, as he always do in airports to protect the smaller male, when the Korean leader walks up to them to give them one big welcome hug. Then the other five followed as well and in no time, they are all sporting big stupid grins on their faces and have arms over shoulders on everyone.

 

The airport reunion was short lived as they were quickly ushered out of the place by their managers. The few people that are in the place in that hour of the day were starting to recognize each and ever one of them, which will result to something reallly chaotic if word spread that the entire group is in the airport. They boarded one van each for each group and immediately left the place. There were already a few snapping pictures and a mini crowd was foorming around them just befre they left.

 

The ride didn't take long. As soon as they were out of their respective cars, the K members practically shoved them in their new dorm. The new place is a necessity since instead of fitting six grown men, it will now need to fit 12 grown men. Twelve hyperactive grown men.

 

After a brief announcement from their managers about who will room with who, the two leaders were called for a short meeting.

 

The other ten boys being left alone in their new place, each of them quickly thought up of things to do. D.O. suggested going to the nearest mall to grab a few things that they will still need, specifically things the M members might need. At first, all of them were planning to go, but since ten of them would attract too much attention, the K members volunteered to go. They suggested that the M members just rest for now since they ought to be tired from their early flight.

 

As soon as the other five left, Luhan decided to do as he was old and hit the sack. Despite sleeping most of the flight, travelling by air still stesses him out. Unpacking his things can wait, for now he needs to rest his mind and body.

 

Not long after he rested his head on the new pillow on his new bed, his mind slipped into dreamland. He was back in China. Back at the newy opened cafe with the bittersweet smell in the air and the quiet atmosphere. Back to the seat where he can see Xiumin in front of him, slowly sipping the hot drink from his mug. Xiumin was still eating those blessed cookies then offered Luhan a piece, in which he happily took. It's a dreamm after all, better to enjoy the moment while it lasts.

 

After that scene though, the dream took a much bolder approach. Xiumin reached out his hand to caress Luhan's face. There was so much affection in Xiumin's eyes that made Luhan want to stay in that dream forever. Luhan smiled and snuggled closer to that small hand.

 

"These pretty doe eyes, your face, your strong personality, your laugh, the way you take care of me... I love them all, Lu." 

 

Maybe because it's in a dream, but Xiumin's voice sounds so sweet, b with so much love, there was a weight in his words. It was like he was holding something very important. His voice was calm like ripples in the water and it echoes too sweetly in his ears. And the way Xiumin said his name, the other always called him "Luhan", his stage name, rather than jus calling him with the nickname "Lu". It was an unspoken rule between them, not to be that personal with each other, hence they almost never call each other with their real names, even before they were advice to use their stage names to get used to them.

 

"You said you love my voice."

 

'Yes, I do.' Luhan mentally replied.

 

"But I wish you'll love me, too, Lu. Not just my voice." Dream-Xiumin's voice sounded so hurt that Luhan wanted to pull him close and tell him that he do. He do love Xiumin. Not just his voice but everything about him. He loves how his small hands fit in Luhan's bigger hands. He loves Xiumin's wide smile when he can't contain his happiness. He loves that bashful look he gets when he's embarrassed. He loves how polite he is with everyone no matter what he was going through that day. He loves how Xiumin takes care of everyone around him even if he has his own problems. He loves the sound of Xiumin's chuckle when he's in a mischievous mood. He loves how he still whispers so much just to ask Luhan a simple question. He loves how he hums a song when he's too engrossed in listening to his playlist. Luhan can go on forever about the thing he had realized he loved Xiumin for. But the most important thing is that he loves the very person that owned everything Luhan loved. But he was frozen, paralyzed in his own world to even make the smallest of movements. He was left there to only witness the dream play in front of him.

 

"Because I love you so much, Lu."

 

There was a peck on his cheek, a sad smile on Xiumin's face before he withdrew his hand and the dream fades. 

 

He was starting to resurface from his dream. He couldn't believe that a dream that sweet will take that kind of turn. It felt so ironic that Xiumin was the one confessing to him and wishing that Luhan loved him when in reality it was Luhan who's chasing after Xiumin. Luhan was more or less conscious when he heard the light click of the shutting door. Then a faint voice from outside the room that no doubt belongs to the younger vocalist, Chen.

 

"Is Luhan-hyung still asleep?"

 

"Yeah. I think he's still tired. He didn't even stir when I... uhm... talked to him." A soft very familiar voice replied.

 

----------------------------------

 

Akira: Yeay! I managed a chapter for XiuHan DAY! I will try to update as many chapters as I can today because today is XiuHan day! So it's only right that you get an overdose of XiuHan goodies, yes? Okay. Thank you for patiently waiting for Your Soft Voice updates :)

 

I haven't proof read this yet so I apologize for the grammar and spelling mistakes, if it bothers you so much you can help me proof read it by commenting the part where the mistake is and I'll immediately correct it. Thank you :)