Lost and Found

He is Not a Baby!

Rogue was walking home from a shopping trip with Storm. They had gone out to get groceries, but ended up at the mall instead of the food stuffs store. The night was starry, and the air was cold. "It's as cold as arctic wind out here." muttered Rogue, pulling her jacket closer as she and Storm idled forward.

"Yes. I would call the wind off, but I have found that storms come and go. Better let it come." Storm laughed at Rogue's chattering teeth and shivering.

"Let me borrow your powers, an' I'll call 'em off myself." Joked Rogue, making a playful snatch for Storms hand. Both women laugh and talk jovially as they walk, occasionally breaking into fits of feminine laughter at something the ther said. 

"Hay, who's that?"  Rogue questions, breaking off the conversation about Gucci bags storm had started. immediately the playful atmosphere was gone as the two had snapped to attention, scanning the view in front of them for odd blond head Rogue had seen.

"Why do you want to know? People walk around here all the time, Rogue." Storm's voice was calm, though it was tinged with agitation-Rogue wasn't a particularly jumpy person, and the fact that she was wondering about some man wandering the streets was worrying to Storm's wise mind.

"I know...he just seemed lost, and then he disappeared." Rogue dropped her shopping bags, "I'm just gonna have a quick look around." as she said this, she pushed of the ground and launched herself into the air. "Ah, there he is. He's fallen down the hill!" Storm quickly sheds her bags, too, and jumps into the sky to join Rogue. 

The pair rush forward, feeling the escalating winds beat there bodies against the starry night. Rogue lands first, gently landing next to the crumpled figure at the bottom of the large hill that stood right outside X-Mansion. "Hay, hon. You alright?" She asked, getting down next to the man. 

He looked up and storm saw that his face was tear streaked, and his nose was runny. "Hay, uh...are ya hurt?" Rogue dug one gloved hand into her pocket to find a tissue to hand him. "I...wothed." the boy began to cry again, sniffling and wiping his nose on his sleeve. Rogue cringes at this, passing him a tissue. He doesn't take it, though. 

"Rogue...I don't think he is OK. We should bring him to Hank." Storm mumbled, grabbing the other woman's shoulder.

"Who are you?" 

"I'm Thehun."

"How old are you?"

"19."

Rogue looks surprised. The kids lisp was grating on her nervous, also his age and manner of acting didn't match up.

"Well, come with me, son. We'll just clean you up a bit and see if we can't find your folks for ya." Rogue told him, grabbing one of his pail hands and pulling him to his feet. When she tried to let go he kept holding her hand in a death grip, showing no sign of wanting to let go. Rogue sighed, looking at Storm from the corner of her eye. The older woman shrugged, as if to say "It doesn't matter."

---------

Jubilee stood on the roof of the mansion with Gambit. They were waiting for Storm and Rogue to come back from shopping. "I see them!" Jubilee shouted, pointing at three figures rounding the hill. In her excitement to see them she lifted her hands into the air and let sparks fly. They fountained into the sky with pops and whizzes. She had been waiting for them for over an hour-dinner would be surfed once they got back.

Sehun looked up at the sparks in the air and whimpered. He didn't like the sounds they were making. He pressed himself closer to the woman who had found him. "Thtop it..." He whined as more sparks flew. "Thcawy." 

Rogue felt Sehun curl into her, his whole body shaking. "You scared of the fireworks, darl?" She asked, amused. She found herself wanting to take care of the kid at her side. She put an arm around him, pulling him to her. "Hay, Jubilee! Quit the light show!" She hollered, waving an arm at the kid on the roof. 

"Who's with her?" Gambit wondered, jumping off the roof to go meet his girl. As he landed in front off them the new, third person yelped and fell back in surprise. 'Uh, that was odd." he thought, standing up from his crouch on the ground. "Who's this, Cher?" Gambit quireied, pointing his staff at the man holding Rogue's hand. 

Rogue was down on the ground and next to Sehun in a second, 'silly Gabit, jumpin' off the roof like that.' she thought, trying to comfort the crying child. "Hay, stop cryin'. You'll be OK. It's just Gambit. He won't hurt you." She cooed, bringing a tisue to Sehun's face to wipe away the tears and snot. "This is Sehun." she told Gambit, without turning around. "We brought him 'cause he was lost...to see Hank." 

"aww, petit. Gambit didn't mean to scare you." Gambit drawled in his Cajun accent, leaning down next to Rogue. He got the impression from Rogue's introduction that Sehun might be young for his years...maybe a bit confused. Sehun continued to cry until Rogue wrapped him in a bug bear hug, cooing something in his ear. 'He's something to make her do that.' Gambit watched as Rogue picket up the kid and kissed his shirted chest, making him giggle like a baby. 

'He must be freezin'.'Rogue reminded herself, smiling at Gambit as she walked into the house with Storm by her side. Sehun wasn't hard for her to carry, though any human over 3 feet tall is an awkward size-Sehun was definitely over 3f. She smiled as he giggled at her lips pretending to eat him, careful not to touch his skin with her own. She pulled back quickly as he made a grab at her hair. "No, no. No hair, M'K?" Sehun started wide eyed at her.

"No haiw." he repeated, giggling again. 

'This will be interesting.' thought Storm as they walked into the big dining room where the whole school, all the inhabitants of X-mansion, were seated waiting for dinner. "What the heck?" said Bobby, looking up to see the strange party enter. "What the heck?"

----------